New $20 150W HPS Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrPuffAlot said:
when I was young dumb and full of ***.

I would jerry rig all kind of electrical stuff and etc, and had no 2nd thought.

But now with my age and wisdom:

I would not risk my home and family on a home made ballast hid light set up
for 3 plants.

goodluck

I dont know if your age or wisdom is the reason for this comment but i'm not "risking my home" haha... And my ballast isnt home-made.. I'm also an auto-technician so wiring is my thing... Point blank period... If you use electrical tape and pos. connects to pos. and neg. connects to neg.. There is no risk at all.. Thanks and come again...

No I havent but I actually had the same idea.. There goes that invention.. haha.. I was thinking to myself, maybe I could rig some kind of a slow drip system and put tubes into each plant.. I'll look into it.. Either that or the wick..

I've been wanting to know how these cheap HID lights work...

Looks plenty fine to me! Check back soon buddy! Green mojo!

P.s. My buddies marijuana horticulture book thoght of both of those ideas. Hate to rain on your parade :p

Another Update (4 Days Later)... I think my stems started getting purple because the starter nutes had ran out.. I wasnt sure exactly when to start but I have now and everything should be good..

Still only using 1 150W HPS... I'll start using the other one after my 2 week hiatus..

First 3 pics Are of the plant I used FIM on (Look How Tight the nodes are)... The Rest have been strait up... However I did pinch the top on the last two...

Fimm1.gif

Fimm2.gif

Fimm3.gif

Plannt21.gif

Plannt22.gif

PlantSC1.gif

PlantSC2.gif

MrPuffAlot said:
when I was young dumb and full of ***.

I would jerry rig all kind of electrical stuff and etc, and had no 2nd thought.

But now with my age and wisdom:

I would not risk my home and family on a home made ballast hid light set up
for 3 plants.

goodluck

Umm I'm wise and have my HPS's just like that.There's no jerry rigging to it.It's just extending the wires.Kind of made it safer in my opinion.When the light and the ballast were together they got super hot.
I would get that ballast off the carpet though.

I've been gone now for 4 days, And I miss my plants like heck... Hope they're doing good... I bought those Water Globe things to water them... Has anybody used those? Do they work good?

Set my timer to 18-6..

Latest posts

Back