New Grower & new in hydroponics !!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsyJiM

Yiiiiha
Reaction score
Hi ..

I have a question as a new grower ;)

I wanna ask what are those cubes i should plant my seed before i put it in hyrdoponic !!!

Thanks..!!!

PS: which seeds you recommend 4 me ?
PS2:I like both indica & Sativa.
PS3: I plan on using aurora indica seeds.

You might be speaking of rockwool cubes, but I personally prefer a product called Sure To Grow which is a plastic based replacement for rockwool that I like real well. You cna find information on it in this thread http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50559

Before someone else tells you, they do notlike us to use live URL/links here on the forum. Please change the TT part of the address to XX. It has something to do with being able to back track to the forum and eventually to the member.

As to your links, they appear to be in Greek and I'm sorry, this retired truck driver barely learned to read English.

As far as seeds, I think you really mean varieties/strains. Personally, White Widow seems to be a very popular choice followed by AK 47.

Welcome and good luck finding a whole lot of help from Greek readers, although since this is an English site, there may be a whole lot of members that also read Greek.

Great smoking man.

Tnx Don Jones your topic help me a lot !!!

Have a good high day !! :)

PsyJiM said:
Hi ..

I have a question as a new grower ;)

I wanna ask what are those cubes i should plant my seed before i put it in hyrdoponic !!!

Thanks..!!!

PS: which seeds you recommend 4 me ?
PS2:I like both indica & Sativa.
PS3: I plan on using aurora indica seeds.

Welcome to the forum.. as DJ pointed out.. rockwool is what yer talkin bout.. all depends on method of growth sir.. if you have a "host" plant and take clones from her, then i perfer myself to void the rockwool.. since i use a bubble cloner i just get a good root ball and plant into my medium..
now for you on the other hand whithout having a host yes you will want to plant them into a rockwool cube..
what kinda hydroponics you thinking of doing?? ebb n flow? DWC? areoponics?? AI nice plant:hubba: ... couchlock .. num num.. just finished a grow actually..
LH

I Will use WATERFARM®

• 4-gallon reservoir
• 2-gallon growing chamber
• Pumping column
• Column support tube
• Drip ring
• 1/2" grommet
• Drain level tube
• Elite® 800 air pump
• 9L Hydroton
• 3-part Flora Kit

I Will plAnt only one per time With A 400W HPS (is thAt ok? )

HoW long they stay in those cubes & hoW i put Water on it ? ..
i shouDl use my HPS in cubes too ??

Th4nkZ :)

PS:Sorry about noob questions :holysheep:

PsyJiM said:
I Will use WATERFARM®

• 4-gallon reservoir
• 2-gallon growing chamber
• Pumping column
• Column support tube
• Drip ring
• 1/2" grommet
• Drain level tube
• Elite® 800 air pump
• 9L Hydroton
• 3-part Flora Kit

I Will plAnt only one per time With A 400W HPS (is thAt ok? )

HoW long they stay in those cubes & hoW i put Water on it ? ..
i shouDl use my HPS in cubes too ??

Th4nkZ :)

PS:Sorry about noob questions :holysheep:

lol .. so let me make sure i under stand this.. you have a 4 pail water farm system.. you wil do one per pail 4 at a time??
400w imo are fine.. you can grow great weed with a 400w..
they will stay in the cubes there whole grow. you just place it it in with the hydroton..the roots will over come it..
if you have some flours for the seedling that would be better then the 400w.. someone will correct me if im wrong but i do beleive that you will start your sprouts in the rockwool till the pop veg a week or so then enter them into the buckets.. for hydro growth.
make sense??
LH

LEFTHAND said:
lol .. so let me make sure i under stand this.. you have a 4 pail water farm system.. you wil do one per pail 4 at a time??

sorry i dident get this !
what you mean ?

I
want to plant one tree at a time, is that system ok for me ?

PsyJiM said:
sorry i dident get this !
what you mean ?

I
want to plant one tree at a time, is that system ok for me ?

No.

IMO, it is a mistake to only plant 1 plant at a time. Are you going to use fem seeds? Are you ready for a 3-4 month veg period?

Also, you are not going to be able to grow a "tree" in a 2 gal DWC--it is just too small. You are not going to be able to grow a "tree" with a 400W HPS--it will just not penetrate enough. Why do you think that it would be better to grow one "tree" than several regular sized plants?

I mean one plant when i say "tree"
i plan on using aurora indica feminized seeds

what system you recommend me ?
i dont want lot of plants its only or my personal use, 1-2 plants its all i need :)
so.. what should i do ?
and about the light...? i as thinking 400w was ok
what do you mean about 3-4 months veg period ?

Tnx.

PsyJiM said:
I mean one plant when i say "tree"
i plan on using aurora indica feminized seeds

what system you recommend me ?
i dont want lot of plants its only or my personal use, 1-2 plants its all i need :)
so.. what should i do ?
and about the light...? i as thinking 400w was ok
what do you mean about 3-4 months veg period ?

Tnx.

Good morning dude.. And THG is right..
start of by reading.. alot of.. do you have a Ph meter?? you will need one for hydro..
as for your AI.. pop 3 seeds.. grow them to sexual maturity.. if there AI fem seeds from nirvana then you should be ok on the fem to hermi ratio...
so you will veg and flower 3 plants off the get go.. b4 you put your 3 plants into flower.. take cuttings 1from each plant... this will give you a "clone" of each plant.. then you will beable to choose which pheno you would like to grow here on in...
i know alot if this is probally gibberish.. but just ask as you will be answered.. all this info is on the site.. and chances are theres already been 30+ people with the same question asked..
your looking at growing plants bout 3ft in ht....
just from the questions asked you havent grown b4 ??
for the amount of plants you want a 400w will do you fine..
you need to read..
you will have to germinate your seeds... put them into rockwool into another container for hydro. veg them (veggative growth) once shes at sexual maturity.. a sign of that is alternating nodes...
clone her and send the rest into flower...
im not to familar with the water farm system... but if you want only 1-3 plants go with either 5 gal DWC or homemade flood and drain tub...
LH
sorry if im all over the place just woke up..:D

I never have grown before but i know some things from searching the net
i just want to know what is the best hydroponic solusion for 1-3 plants..

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I will use feminized seeds only :D
at least for the begining ;)

For me the easiest and best way is DWC with one plant per bucket.

You would need 4 five gallon buckets, 4 air stones, 4 lids with netpots, and 1 air pump that is large enough to power the air stones.

PsyJiM said:
I never have grown before but i know some things from searching the net
i just want to know what is the best hydroponic solusion for 1-3 plants..

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I will use feminized seeds only :D
at least for the begining ;)

well either DWC or ebb n flow... now you being a newbie.. fem seed run the risk of turning hermi easier..
i would go with DWC in your situaton..
you will need a ph meter as well..
so check out all the threads about DWC all the stickies.. ervything..
in the DIY section theres a great show it on how to make yor own DWC buckets...
LH

I agree with pcduck. I would go with 4 5 gal buckets.

I agree with lefthand. I would stay away from fem seeds. You need a pH meter.

The only way to grow "trees" is to let them veg for 3-4 months (and then they still need to flower for 8 weeks or more). How large a space are you planning on using? What are your plans for ventilation?

I have a seedling that has been in cocotek for about 2 or 3 weeks. It has begun to grow its fifth set of leaves. all of a sudden it has stopped growing and it seem that the 3rd set has began to droop a bit it has been kept at about 78 degrees and 60% humidity. also it looks as if the 5th set of leaves is growing somewhat distorted with the smallest of the leaves twisted. there has been substantial growth underneth in between the first and second set of smaller branches or nodes or whatever. The cocotek that its in is only about two inches deep. i thought that may have something to do with it but i dont want to guess i would like to transplant this into my hydro waterfarm but i want it to be as healthy as possible before i do this. i would really appreciate any advice. thanx in advance. im new to these forums and not sure how to get around and post in the correct fashion please excuse me. Also if i transplant this what nutrient level should i start with(unsure of its exact start date) and what is a good watering/feeding schedule?

:cool2: hydroponics.eu/product.asp?Id=1230-Advanced+DWC+2

so..what you say about this ???

I think it's pretty clear. Im asking questions, not really answering them.

Dr.Nodz said:
I think it's pretty clear. Im asking questions, not really answering them.

You need to start your own thread, rather than hijacking someone elses.

PsyJiM said:
:cool2: hydroponics.eu/product.asp?Id=1230-Advanced+DWC+2

so..what you say about this ???

I would do just as pcduck recommended. Get 4 5 gal buckets. You can either get lids that have the net pots built in or you can drill regular lids and get net pots. Get air stones and air line and an air pump with at least 4 outlets (capable of running 4 5 gal buckets). You should be able to put it together for less than 1/2 the cost of the product you are looking at.

Hijacking threads...well thats a little extreme. As i stated i am new to the whole forum idea and did not mean to hijack anything i was asking a question and wasnt even sure how or where to post anything, a little direction would have been nice Mrs. Super Moderator, Douchebag Queen, Goddess of Nothing at all really but your own self absorbed world. JOG ON you twat. Jim im sorry that my question was in your thread. an honest mistake, as for the Goddess i had respect for your advice even though you were so high you couldnt finish your own post....ill find another forum on another website

Latest posts

Back