new here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I just signed up and will start a grow soon. Micro grow in a little cabinet. The grow space is about 23" tall. Just thought I would get on here for the reference and help! Glad to have found you guys, love the idea of growing for yourself!

Hi frozencalifornian, hope you like it here as much as I do and I wish you good luck on your grow. A grow in a 23 inch tall cabinet would have to be a SERIOUS microgrow. What are you planning on growing in that space?

-SSF-

my first grow, I am just testing with bag seed before I buy good seeds. I have seen smaller micro grows, i just need enough for me and I don't have a lot of space. I am going to use cfl with 2 65 watt. I was thinking of testing 12/12 from the start and try for the bonsai type grow. Is that too ambitious?

frozencalifornian said:
my first grow, I am just testing with bag seed before I buy good seeds. I have seen smaller micro grows, i just need enough for me and I don't have a lot of space. I am going to use cfl with 2 65 watt. I was thinking of testing 12/12 from the start and try for the bonsai type grow. Is that too ambitious?

space4206 is doing a micro grow-box with CFL's right now and has a few pictures of it up. It is a pretty cool little set-up. It might be a good place for some tips or ideas on how someone else is doing something very similar, you can check it out here:
http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54910

As far as going 12/12 from the start I have never done it but I don't see why it can't be done. Hopefully someone that has will drop by and tell you what they think.

-SSF-

Welcome FC, you have found the right place. We are glad you are here.

frozencalifornian said:

The trouble with 12/12 from seed is that they will not flower until they are sexually mature, regardless of when you put them in 12/12. This generally takes 5-8 weeks. You would probably be better off trying some serious LST or consider a short growing auto.

You say you just need enough for you....so how much is that? What kind of yield are you going to need to keep yourself in bud?

Welcome!
12/12 is not recomended during veg in such a tight space. In 12/12 the plants will stretch too, much and cause problems with the limited headroom. I would suggest 24/0 untill at least you see preflowers. IMO, it would also give you the maximum yield.

24/0 might be the way to go. I am about 20 grams a month which here in sweden is pretty pricey. So if i can get 3 oz from a grow, my cabinet is made for stealth but it is wide enough to house maybe 3 or 4 plants with LST.
I am looking for cfls now. I am thinking of two 45 or 60 watt (not equivalent) but not sure if i should get two sets, one for flower, one for veg or if one set of bulbs will work. If so what should I get? red or blue spectrum? Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back