New thread. New grower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_moore89

Reaction score
so i had a BUNCH of shwag seeds(just the normal green brick weed) and i rolled them up in a cloth and put them in a small cylindrical container and watered the cloth a little bit
a week or so later i discover that i have quite a few(15+) little plant sprouts growing. so i changed the container and right now they are just sitting in a large dixie cup with a wad of paper in the bottom for water. any ideas how a small time grower could turn even one of these plants into a budding oasis? indoors, no extras, no hydroponics. just growing a plant. howto? soil content, soil volume, container size. recomended additives(common additives) anything u can let me know would be great. ill take a picture of them in a few days. they are about 1 and a half inches tall right now.

Hick said:
ya thanks. i can point and click myself if i really wanted to read a huge FAQ link. thats why i posted this thread. i want hands on advice from real ppl not mods. ty anyways.

wow you ask for help and hands on guidance with a chip on your shoulder so big i could build a bridge with it, first off he gave you a valuble link to starters info, next a little humilty will go along way, ask for help with a open mind read all you can about the subject, start off with your grow and then when a problem arises ask those who can help with a real need. this is not a cheap hobby so embrace this with a sincere heart. then ask a good question thats really a question. first get some soil then plant them and O yah put some light on em for gods sake, all those are a good place to start. when you get that under control, post what your using and we will give you our opinion on your set up. to get ideas for a set up check grow rooms out then check the lighting section, youll need a good vent and fans and a proper light to get started, then keep those babys short and squate untill you flower em. and remember ask a question without an attitude. your here for a freind who knows what you want to know, we arent your paid teachers where here to help those we choose to.

d_moore89 said:
ya thanks. i can point and click myself if i really wanted to read a huge FAQ link. thats why i posted this thread. i want hands on advice from real ppl not mods. ty anyways.

ok buddy ive been gone for a wile but i do know that you DO NOT disrespect anyone on this site the way you have. he sent you a simple link to help you out. as we all know already you went wrong from the beginin anyway they are not just mods here, they do the samething everyone eles does here and there good at it. thats why they are mods. im almost thinking that you took the wrong turn on that one by being so ignorant. if you want help there are lots of us around here that will help you out INCLUDING the MODS,, this has always been a good site with good help and good people not meaning to be disrespectful to you but the site dont need people like you comming in here and starting off with your ignorance,, take the help as it is given to you and if you dont understand then ask for help,, there is lots to learn here if your maturity level rises im sure you will get help and get along with everyone.

and excuse my spelling it aint that good

i know i dont post alot but thats one of the first post i read on here. when i fist started and now my **** is growing diesel. u might want too check it out

wow you ask for help and hands on guidance with a chip on your shoulder so big i could build a bridge with it, first off he gave you a valuble link to starters info, next a little humilty will go along way, ask for help with a open mind read all you can about the subject, start off with your grow and then when a problem arises ask those who can help with a real need. this is not a cheap hobby so embrace this with a sincere heart. then ask a good question thats really a question. first get some soil then plant them and O yah put some light on em for gods sake, all those are a good place to start. when you get that under control, post what your using and we will give you our opinion on your set up. to get ideas for a set up check grow rooms out then check the lighting section, youll need a good vent and fans and a proper light to get started, then keep those babys short and squate untill you flower em. and remember ask a question without an attitude. your here for a freind who knows what you want to know, we arent your paid teachers where here to help those we choose to.
Ditto..
If you want to do this and do it right, research is your best friend right now, not the forums. You can lazy around it and try to just get blunt answers for every mundane and insignificant thing (pot size, that is pre-school grower stuff there). I'm not trying to be condescending, but this can not only be an exspensive hobby, but also a time consuming one at times. If you really want to do this and do it right spend a couple of hours reading (yes hours, reading) the grow logs and watch the grow videos for a break from reading so much. It will make your first simple grow much more successful and help you along to having your own little or ginormous garden.
As far as your question... get basic soil. I use Miralce Grow. Alot swear against it.
MH is for veg, HPS is for flower. Hps would be the first light I would get.
Grow containers, very basic, start small and go bigger as they get bigger until they get to a size you want and then you flower and stop transplanting. In a crude and basic way of stating the answer I suppose.
Anyways, I would highly suggest you take the time to research. I would highly suggest a bit more or the manners side. Not to many people just want to regurgitate common knowledge to others when it is readily available a click away. And not to many people appreciate being insulted for providing a means to find said basic info.
Either way.. get serious, or don't waste your time (or ours)and safety. If you do give a go..
Good luck and Good smoke

advice from real ppl not mods

:eek: :confused: what am I?... chopped liver?.. :rofl:...
I cultivated my first successful crop in 1980.
I believe that indicates a little bit of "hands on" experience. :hubba:
That link provides the answer to EVERY question that you asked. If you're too lazy to read and learn, your crop is already destined to failure. :D

what he said ! RESPECT my man d moore shite you give d moore you recieve (new alias??)

Hick said:
:eek: :confused: what am I?... chopped liver?.. :rofl:...
I cultivated my first successful crop in 1980.
I believe that indicates a little bit of "hands on" experience. :hubba:
That link provides the answer to EVERY question that you asked. If you're too lazy to read and learn, your crop is already destined to failure. :D

im not too lazy to read and learn. i already read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING"
i wasnt insulting your know how but i wasnt posting a thread to get directed to a link. because a link doesnt help me. the link is for ppl who have an entire set up. i want to grow with out adding chems(or at least the hard to find chems) its more difficult to grow inside because i cant leave a lamp on while im gone. and i cant grow outside because the jail house is like a block from me and they do sweeps for hitch hikers. i want real. REAL advice. from broke *** poor ppl who have a cup water and seeds. because thats all i have.

:yeahthat:

Sorry to say but a cup, water, and seeds just wont get the job done. Your gonna need allot more patience then what your showing here.

The link at the top of the thread will be your best friend if you just give it a chance.

lordhighlama said:
:yeahthat:

Sorry to say but a cup, water, and seeds just wont get the job done. Your gonna need allot more patience then what your showing here.

The link at the top of the thread will be your best friend if you just give it a chance.

i agree that link will be your best friend.. but if your not going to be around to turn your light on and off your going to need a timer you can get for 6.99 at any canadian tire or home depot store, but you will nee soil good lights pots,foil or emergancy blankets,,, i dont know what to tell you if your that broke not meaning to be rude but you wont get anything done, my advice to you is that if your still a young guy and dont wanna work i think mabey you should pick somthing up just to keep you in some cash cuz you need some money to grow,, um i also suggest that you go and grow some place in the bush,, it can and will be cheaper for you than indoors, you can grow 2 plants easily with 1 good bag of potting soil water and some ferts this will be the easiest and cheapest way for you,, and for god sakes be carefull hahahah.

hey all,
maybe he could if he have a closet , and get 3 flourcent lights have them like a triangle , and your good to go until harvest , use normal potting soil buy a flower with a pot just pull out the flower and use that soil for your seed , no chemistry is needed now , you need to be inspired , if you really went into this you will calculate numbers , i never knew how to calculate pH levels even when getting the outcome of water under the pots pH level , i was doing calculation , its a logical outcome of yourself esteem when trying to gain a goal to your destination . after 3 weeks you will need to use a fertilizer , buy tomato plant food .
you are looking for cheap things , and things you can find anywere , even in poor Asian countries , here is my advice just water normally in the pot ... after 3 weeks add the fertilizer with you water and mix it then water . its not hard , but the info in the educational site explains it better , if you hear it from me you will still read because reading is more effective then these samples , ive read the mjp guide 2wice and i still think i should read back in stuff during the growth stages.
, ps never let the bud hit your soul but let it dance with you , your soul is your character , respect it and it will respect back , peace

well water a cup and seed will give you bean sprouts to eat in a salad, like I said before you need to invest a little try cfls their cheap and a closet and a fan soil and a bucket. this is the chepest way to grow, but what you put into it you get out of it. be forewarned cheap grows produce less and less potent mj.

d_moore89 said:
im not too lazy to read and learn. i already read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING"
i wasnt insulting your know how but i wasnt posting a thread to get directed to a link. because a link doesnt help me. the link is for ppl who have an entire set up. i want to grow with out adding chems(or at least the hard to find chems) its more difficult to grow inside because i cant leave a lamp on while im gone. and i cant grow outside because the jail house is like a block from me and they do sweeps for hitch hikers. i want real. REAL advice. from broke *** poor ppl who have a cup water and seeds. because thats all i have.

If you had read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING", you would not have posted this...

so i had a BUNCH of shwag seeds(just the normal green brick weed) and i rolled them up in a cloth and put them in a small cylindrical container and watered the cloth a little bit
a week or so later i discover that i have quite a few(15+) little plant sprouts growing. so i changed the container and right now they are just sitting in a large dixie cup with a wad of paper in the bottom for water. any ideas how a small time grower could turn even one of these plants into a budding oasis? indoors, no extras, no hydroponics. just growing a plant. howto? soil content, soil volume, container size. recomended additives(common additives) anything u can let me know would be great. ill take a picture of them in a few days. they are about 1 and a half inches tall right now.

Every question you have is answered there. If you want short quick answers here they are, get some dirt, get 5 gallon buckets, buy a light and a timer and have at it.

edit: I don't want to be rude here, and I am more than willing to answer specific questions.(As are most people on this site) But it does get tiresome when people come to a site with this much information already posted and basically ask "how do I grow pot?"

crozar said:
hey all,
maybe he could if he have a closet , and get 3 flourcent lights have them like a triangle , and your good to go until harvest , use normal potting soil buy a flower with a pot just pull out the flower and use that soil for your seed , no chemistry is needed now , you need to be inspired , if you really went into this you will calculate numbers , i never knew how to calculate pH levels even when getting the outcome of water under the pots pH level , i was doing calculation , its a logical outcome of yourself esteem when trying to gain a goal to your destination . after 3 weeks you will need to use a fertilizer , buy tomato plant food .
you are looking for cheap things , and things you can find anywere , even in poor Asian countries , here is my advice just water normally in the pot ... after 3 weeks add the fertilizer with you water and mix it then water . its not hard , but the info in the educational site explains it better , if you hear it from me you will still read because reading is more effective then these samples , ive read the mjp guide 2wice and i still think i should read back in stuff during the growth stages.
, ps never let the bud hit your soul but let it dance with you , your soul is your character , respect it and it will respect back , peace

im actually pretty smart when it comes to using a pH scale. just im sort of on a last resort. i figure if i got my seeds to sprout with water they will grow with water. sure im a little inexperienced in growing pot but im not inexprienced in growing. ive had a colorful garden(veggies mostly) the past few years. but im not good with budding or flower plants. i didnt figure there would be much of a difference. so far btw u have been the most helpful. faqs and guides confuse me because they are universal solutions. one size fits all fixers. well im a different size and it dont fit.

I SENT HIM INTO THE RED :joint: booyakashot lol

read read read and read some more..trial and error is the best way.. I am,well prob alot of us are> self tought!

Latest posts

Back