New to learning hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well heres the thing, doing a hydro run your gonna need a PPM meter or there is NO way to tell at what concentrations the nutrients are actually at at any given point in the plants life. simply mixing a tablespoon of nutes to a gallon of water isnt going to cut it with a hydro set up. and a pH meter is also needed to make sure your solution is within the proper range for the nutrients to 1, stay in solution and 2, stay in the right pH range so the plant can take up the nutes, wrong pH and the plant cant take up certian nutrients. if your going to make the move from soil to hydro your going to have to invest in a PPM meter and a pH meter, otherwise youll never have nutes at the proper strength it will always be a guestimate based on what the bottles say. not good enough for max yield.
its one of those things yah either gotta do right or not at all... i personaly prefer organic growing, organic soils and nutes, no PPM or pH required as the micro organisms in the soil regulate the pH as well as the break down of nutes into avaliable forms for the plants to easly take in. to each his own though. but like i said when it all comes down to it either do it right or dont bother, you may be able to pull it off with vegging plants but when it comes time to flower your going to need those 2 meters or your plants will never reach max potential.

If He is using AN Iguana Juice, he won't be able to measure it with a ppm meter as that is an organic hydro 2 part nutrient(Grow and Bloom). You will have to go by the directions on the bottle or on their website. I would also recommend that you get some Hygrozyme and mix in about 10ml per gallon of water whenever you mix up new solution for them. You will definitely need a PH meter unless you try to set up a microbe herd in the hydro(which I don't recommend doing as that can be a bear to do. :)

General Hydroponics has a calculator on their web site that will get you in the ball park for ppm's if you are using their products.

Like I said before earlier in the post, yes I plan on gettin a ppm meter, and I do have a PH meter now. And yes I do plan on making sure I learn everything before I just take it on.

Latest posts

Back