This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meatball2009

Reaction score
Hey guys, im a newbie at this kind of thing. im a weed smoker and im trying to grow my own plant.

Basically just to say look ive grown and smoked my own plant.

Im not looking for loads of skunk because of the way ive set it up but what im bout to tell you now you are going to laugh anyway lol :holysheep:

I have 1 plant its bout 5-6 inches tall and its inside a white painted cabanit.

Ive had my plant growing now for 10 days, under 2 60 watt bulbs hanging a inch an half from the plant. its got 12 leaves at the moment and i water it 2 times a day. (not much just so its moist) ive got the lights on 24/7, it looks pretty healthy at the moment.

Another thing is i dont yet know whether its male or female Ive bin doing abit of research and i think this is the best site that can help me and give me tips.

If you think im wasting my time then please let me know.

But if you think ift can work then please let me know how i can improve.

Look forward to your help :D

:welcome: You are never wasting your time as long as you are having fun. My first was ina stereo cabinet in my closet with two fluorescent lights from the H Depot, and now I have expanded quite a bit.:watchplant: You won't know if it is male of female for some time now, until you start to get preflowers. Look around for pictures to help you tell, males have balls females have hairs. New growth is often confused for hairs but when they really appear you will know. Good luck and enjoy. :ccc:

FYI,24 hour light is good for clones and fem. seeds.IMO 24 hour light on "regular"seeds is only going to give you more males.If I where you I would cut it back to 18 light w/ 6 dark.You should look into cloning,I clone my seeds to ensure flowering only females.

The Hemp Goddess said:
First thing...what kind of lights are you using. Regular incandescent lights are no good for growing mj.

I am using normal house light bulbs

DirtySouth said:
You should look into cloning,I clone my seeds to ensure flowering only females

How do i clone them? do i have to do that at a certain age?

Thanks for the response guys keep them coming.....

Here are a couple of pictures to give you more of an inside to what it looks like. What do you think? :watchplant:

M-0102.jpg

M-0104.jpg

M-0107.jpg

M-0109.jpg

Dude,It looks great.Don't water with nutes evertime.Maby try every third and see what happens.It's way better to give her less than to much.What kind of soil?I imagine you should look into a slightly larger container for your girl,but do not go 2 large 2 fast.That would cause your roots to grow twords the edge,this way is better imo.

Meatball2009 said:
Hey guys, im a newbie at this kind of thing. im a weed smoker and im trying to grow my own plant.

Basically just to say look ive grown and smoked my own plant.

Im not looking for loads of skunk because of the way ive set it up but what im bout to tell you now you are going to laugh anyway lol :holysheep:

I have 1 plant its bout 5-6 inches tall and its inside a white painted cabanit.

Ive had my plant growing now for 10 days, under 2 60 watt bulbs hanging a inch an half from the plant. its got 12 leaves at the moment and i water it 2 times a day. (not much just so its moist) ive got the lights on 24/7, it looks pretty healthy at the moment.

Another thing is i dont yet know whether its male or female Ive bin doing abit of research and i think this is the best site that can help me and give me tips.

If you think im wasting my time then please let me know.

But if you think ift can work then please let me know how i can improve.

Look forward to your help :D

welcome to the forrum..first let me say you shpould get a grow journal started with pics..this way we can come visit and help you along the way..without pics we would just be speculateing and we dont want you to fail..and no you are not wasteing you time..please get a grow journal going in the correct sextion and send me a link in a PM I would love to help where i can untill then take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

i think this thread should be moved to a grow journal section for this member ..looks like its the start of something Beautiful:heart:

Thanks alot guys ill keep you posted. Can we move this thread please into the grow journal pls admins.

On tuesday im puting the plant into a bigger pot....

Hello again people, i know i said i would repot it on Tuesday but i felt it was time to do it today. the roots were appearing out the pot.

So i have uploaded a few pictures for you to see how she looks on Day 13. :headbang2:

What do you think of it? is she doing well?

day 13 (3).JPG

Day 13 (2).JPG

Day 13.JPG

DSC01460.JPG

she is doing Great IMO..i would have burried that stalk up to the first set of leafs..but they look lice and healthy and compact..and now that we are moved her to a grow jounal lets see what we can help with...first I know you use house bulbs they look cfl? what lumes do they put out? and the box or grow area...what are the dimmensions? we want a minimum of 3000 lumes sq ft...but 5000 is best..I run 7500 in my shed...and how about the temps? what are they at..what Nutes are you useing? sorry to overload you with questions but these are just some people will start to ask..Im glad you have this Grow Journal and thanks for shareing with us..take care and be safe my friend:bolt::bong:

what do you mean cfl? I have 2 60 watt bulbs lol. so you think i need more light? what lights would you go for? (nothing to expensive as i got no job atm lol) the dimmensions are 40cm (W) 45cm (L) 65cm(H).

I dont use any nutes, i just feed her water when she goes Dry. And i havent got a thermometre yet, thats on the list for 2moz so i will have to get back to you on that one. Im looking to get a digital one, fingers crossed.

So am i doing everything right at the moment?

Thanks for the replys people

And another thing 4u2sm0ke shall i fill it more with compost?

Looks healthy but a lil bit stretched...you are going to need nutes and more light down the line though...

Meatball2009 said:
what do you mean cfl? I have 2 60 watt bulbs lol. so you think i need more light? what lights would you go for? (nothing to expensive as i got no job atm lol) the dimmensions are 40cm (W) 45cm (L) 65cm(H).

I dont use any nutes, i just feed her water when she goes Dry. And i havent got a thermometre yet, thats on the list for 2moz so i will have to get back to you on that one. Im looking to get a digital one, fingers crossed.

So am i doing everything right at the moment?

Thanks for the replys people

And another thing 4u2sm0ke shall i fill it more with compost?

:rofl: cfl ( Compact Flouesent Bulb )..trewly/twisty whatever enery bulbs...they great for veg state..but we need to know the Lumes each bulb puts out..and im not good with cm for measurements im sorry..but i know you will want more LUMES;) and dont worry about stalk..do you have a fan blowing on her to strengthen her up? and are we sure she is female? I forgot..lol..let me hit this bong again:bong:.....okay better..and my fingers and my little toezzies are crossed for you my friend..that plant looks great for no nutes too..and if ya dont have and and dont have the cash for good nutes..look in the organic tea section and make you own cheap..the one i say you can use now is used coffee grinds and ground up eggshells....maybe throw in some worm ****..and that girl will love you LONG time:hubba: ..okay I am blabbin now..need to get my butt up and moving..take care and be safe:bolt::watchplant:

DirtySouth said:
FYI,24 hour light is good for clones and fem. seeds.IMO 24 hour light on "regular"seeds is only going to give you more males.If I where you I would cut it back to 18 light w/ 6 dark.You should look into cloning,I clone my seeds to ensure flowering only females.

I grew from seeds and ended up with 5/8 fems with a 24hr light cycle.

i do my veggin under 6500k cfls and it works real good you just need 5 or 6 in a 2 sqr ft area:) welcome to the fourm

I started with seed, 18/6 with a 400MH, 5/5 females currently flowering with a 400HPS. your looking good Meat, your plant will tell you everything just remember......read read read......Im learning everyday! Welcome to MP.

Criz

Ive got a "Bionaire Fan" i just have it blowing at the door of my box cuz the box isnt big enough lol. there are gaps tho so air does get to my plant.

Last night i found 2 100 watts bulbs, so i put them in last night and woke up this mornin and me plant has a bit of a burnt leaf :( only on 1 leaf tho (i think its a burnt leaf anyway). so ive lifted the lights about 5-6 inches now.

Ill upload some pics today and i will let you know, are my bulbs strong enough now? or do i need more light?

Latest posts

Back