No Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Sir Smokes Alot_

Yup, thas some gud budddd
Reaction score
Hello, when I first signed up 2 this site I was told bananas might help with female potential,, well..they did not I got a male, while they mat provide nutes for awhile they had no beneficial way of ensuring females, for me:p

_Sir Smokes Alot_ said:
Hello, when I first signed up 2 this site I was told bananas might help with female potential,, well..they did not I got a male, while they mat provide nutes for awhile they had no beneficial way of ensuring females, for me:p

Bananas might help to insure females???.... I have never heard of that. Personally I am of the school that any certain seed is predetermined in it's sex. However I am not saying that conditions can not help that chance.. Look at amphibians heh, In a low reproductive rate enviroment, they can change sex to insure the species, so NOTHING is for sure....

Some may disagree with me on this,... but just the way I beleive on this, until I see undeniable proof of this anyway.....

CasualGrower said:
Bananas might help to insure females???.... I have never heard of that. Personally I am of the school that any certain seed is predetermined in it's sex. However I am not saying that conditions can not help that chance.. Look at amphibians heh, In a low reproductive rate enviroment, they can change sex to insure the species, so NOTHING is for sure....

Some may disagree with me on this,... but just the way I beleive on this, until I see undeniable proof of this anyway.....

I agree with you. Like you stated you see it in nature all the time. Stress = males. Stress a female and she develops male flowers, or becomes a hermie. Men are stronger in most species and can take the extra beating which explains the relationship. Females seeds are another example of this genetic predisposition. I've heard crazy *** stories of how they make these things and I don't like that, but still a good example. I do however think that this is simply a genetic preference and not 100%. I do believe that stress while in vegetative state, especially at the beginnings can turn females into males. This is simply my way of looking at it, but I think it makes sense.

While banana peels are rotting they release ethylene gas, which has been theorized to help influence a plant to become female. I've read about it many times yet I have never seen definitive proof that it works, it's always someone saying they did it before and it worked, but they have no proof.

Only thing banana peels do is compost to potassium and other minor minerals. But i know what your talking about,I read that post before. I just use them for compost helps make great soil.

Latest posts

Back