Noob, am I good to go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papowerbud

Reaction score
I've been doing my research, both reading/watching the massive amounts of info which is available for quite some time now (2 years I would say). I decided why not, lets take this plunge as I've become rather passionate about learning and learning how to do it the best I can. So here go's nothing.

I don't have any specific questions at this time, I just wanted to say thank you in advance to everyone who contributes on this forum and give a basic introduction of myself. It's been much appreciated and I am sure in the near future I will come crawling for help
smokin.gif
So here's the setup, and I'll also include the first few planned rounds in regards to strain type. I am open to any comments, suggestions, criticisms etc so feel free to share your thoughts. I'll also be running a continuous growlog whenever a new harvest/crop begins through the process, so those in the future can maybe learn a thing or two from my early-ons...

Setup:
-6x4x7 HydroHut Silver Tent (took me an hour by myself to set up, very surprised good quality all metal structure. Plenty of support for lights, ventilation, etc and just an all around quality piece)
-Blockbuster 8" Air-Cooled Reflector
-Lumatek 600w 120/240v dimmable digital ballast with superlumens
-Hortilux HPS 600W bulb (will use for veg&flower)
-6" Inline Active Air for exhaust (400CFM)
-6" duct fan to cool the light
-Apollo 9 dual digital Timer (Presumably for light/exhaust fan)
-Oscillating Stand Fan
-Small angled fan to blow air up through
-3 way meter for ph,moisture,light levels
-digital temp/hygrometer

Medium will start with Light Warrior, and then transplant to a FFOF w/ perlite Mix. I've heard the FFOF may be a tad strong on the nut side for starters. I'm going to use solo cups to germ/sprout then transplant to 3 gal pots for the rest. I am planning to run 10-12 per grow.

Now for the Seeds...should be in any day now :) some I ordered, some are freebies, some were given to me (in breeders packs, so they are legit):

Reserva Privada Kandy Kush
Reserva Privada Cole Train
Dinafem Power Kush
DNA Genetics RockLock
Dutch Passion Skunk#11
Dutch Passion Mekong High
Dutch Passion Orange Bud
Dutch Passion White Widow
Dutch Passion Blueberry
Pyramid Seeds Osiris
Pyramid Seeds Anestesia
Pyramid Seeds Tutankhamon
Lowlife Hindu Kush Auto
Lowlife Lemon Skunk Auto
Sagarmatha Double Diesel Ryder Auto
Sagarmatha Smurfberry Auto
Sagarmatha AK48 Auto

My first run through I'm going to do two groups of the Autos, simply because of quicker turnaround and I think it will be an easier first grow session. If you read through all this thanks in advance, I like to be thorough and I am very excited to take the next step. Again, any words on my future grow(s) fire away. I should have the seeds this coming week and in the pots next week I would assume/hope if everything goes as planned.

All ya need now is to Germinate and get started. By the way,,the HPS bulb,,does it put out the right light Spectrum for Vegging and Flowering?

It should... heres a link

hXXp://www.eyehortilux.com/superhps.html"]http://www.eyehortilux.com/superhps.html

welcome aboard. hope to see some pics of that setup soon. enjoy the site

papowerbud said:
It should... heres a link

hXXp://www.eyehortilux.com/superhps.htm

Welcome. Dont post live links, Change the TT to XX as i have done above. They make tracing members easily done. Good luck and get germing.

wow looks like one heck of a way to start

with the intelligence you had to sponge as much info before starting, you should do well
:)

Watch out for DP, orange bud. Frosty as hell and stinks to high heaven of oranges. But all 3 I popped, all three showing diff traits(phenos), all three hermed. Mine were feminized also. I dont think I saw filter above. I am betting some of those genetics are stinky. Also, you have 8" reflector and 6" fan. You get reducer for the ducting?

good luck and "green mojo" as they say , don't forget to get am gj going with pics ,we like lots of pics

How close are you getting to the light? Too far and stretch will occur (when they start growing lol), to close and burn. I like the T5 or Fluorowing for germ/vegging, I can get my plants very close which means tight growing plants!

Right now they are far away as they haven't sprouted yet. Once they sprout I'll lower them a tad but not too close I'll be checking with my light meter and the back of my hand as far as heat goes.

Very nice start, someone did there homework so far. Is the 6" Inline Active Air for exhaust (400CFM) for the tent only or used with the 6" duct fan to cool the light? Anyways....... Green mojo!!

The 400CFM I have set up for exhaust right now. The duct fan is cooling the light. Temps seem as though they shouldn't be an issue which pleases me. I have been sitting nice around 72-76 with the light running 24/7 and the exhaust not running all the time as well! Thanks!

Nice looking setup, vast arsenal of seeds, best advice available on the net, keen and eager, the only thing that could really go wrong is the squidgy bit that wears clothes (speaking from experience).
As Bud said, need a gj with lots of pics.
Green mojo on its way.
Peace
Woody

oh yeah - autos will hold you over. Mojo for your first grow. I suspect that 600W is a bit shy for that size tent. But someone better in math will come along and fill you in on that. Maybe some side lighting - Hemp Goddess is good about that stuff.

Your 30k lumens short for the tent you have. 600w = 90k lumens, you need 5000 lumens per square ft, you have 24 square ft so you need 120k. (5000 lumens per square ft for flower, 3000 for veg.)

Another 250w would put you just under target by a couple hundred lumens.
Math done ohc, You are right.

That takes into equation utilizing the entire tent for the growing area. I am only doing 9 at the moment so I should be ok, I certainly agree though I almost went with the 1000w. I think heat would have definately been an issue at that point though so I think I may be better off right now.

Latest posts

Back