Not Again...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenjerry

Green Jerry
Reaction score
ok this is my third try and this time my ladies are sexy, I just can't wait to have them in my lungs. But I am on week 8 of flowering and the hairs are about 15 to 30% red and the thc under a 30x eye glass are clear to milky...my fan leafs are dying (bottom are all dry and its working its self up...only to the fan leafs not the buds)...the other two grows died out about this time, I don't want them to die on me I want to smoke them...

some of my grow info...
its indoors, cfl lights about 5,ooo lumens per square foot, temp is about 62 (59 with lights off), 12/12 for the two months and 10/14 for three weeks (or so), water ever three day (only when needed) I also spray the plants...

can I start to dry them? should I wait (I don't want them to die)? Can I take a taste?

The temp. seems a bit chilly, I keep mine in the 78-82 range. Once buds forms I do not spray my plants, b/c I am worried about bud rot. When a plant gets close to being done, I think it is normal for many of the fan leaves to die off....

ps. I don't think outside links are allowed

Yeah it's like what happened to me this grow, I have been waiting for the trichs to turn amber but no, and then the fan leaves die off and the plant starts drying out, well I reckon as how that is as clear a sign as any that it's time. Also had low temps in the grow room, maybe that's the reason.:confused:

pre-flowering I keep the temp around 75 to 85...was told that I need to keep it lower in flowering my temp is more like 73ish with lights on and about low 60's to upper 50's off...

well... once you are in flowering you want to up your phosphorus and potassium to keep those bottom fan leaves alive... it is natural for the plant to use as much energy as it can to create that bud so the fan leaves will turn yellowish... but, i know that you can up your PK ppm's it will give that extra boost... infact, if you add some nutes, and the leaves STILL do not comeback, you can bet that extra nute value will go directly to that bud...

Anyone correct me if you think i am wrong, this is just what i have read...

You can snip a taste bud whenever you want but then you have less stuff when it's done fully/properly.

I would search up 'how to flush your plant' and then start doing that before you harvest, after the flush don't water your plants it will help it dry in the soil, then cut the plant out of the ground, cut each branch off, cut the bigger leaves off and hang all the buds upside down near a fan in a dry, dark place, then let them dry for 5-10 days and put em in jars, open the jars once a day and move the buds around to help them get air.

Your temps arent perfect but its not a big deal at all. It gets much colder than that every single night in my area of the world and it doesnt kill my plants. It sounds like shes ready to be chopped anyways

greenjerry.. hmmm... flip it to 12/12 and start flushing it after your last nutes to them.. actually flush it 1 to 2 week before your harvest.. ya know if you snip that buds while nutes is there.. you will get 2 different of tastes the pre taste and after harvest.. patients does pay it off.. its alright for leaves to wilt.. .thats normal.. the enegry goes into buds.. but if you wanna buds to grow more yields, ya gotta let it stay dark for 12 hours.. also maybe more lumens is needed? depends how many plants ya got? less lumens the less sugar goes to the buds.. I read that somwhere here.. and I do believe that.. is your fan leaves shiny with crystal thcs yet? let us know the status please.....also look like they need distilled nutes.. have ya try guano dressing or good nutes to distilled with?

Latest posts

Back