Not your everyday soil question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShuttyMcShutShut

Reaction score
Hey folks...
Ive read/researched enough on this forum to know that many of the same questions get asked over and over again so Im going to do my best not to follow that silhouette......here goes
Ive had a few successful hydro grows and a couple of somewhat successful soil grows.
Ive grown indoors in MG 3 month gardening soil(not organic, not potting soil). Mixed up about 25-30% perilite. I burned the fool out of my plants by either 1.not adding dolomite lime when i mixed the soil
2.using flora nova nutes about 4 weeks into a grow
3.using MG OUTDOOR SOIL like a damn bonehead.....
anyway,im getting ready to try a SOG with lowryder #2 in an indoor grow and ive read enough to think the following will produce acceptable results:
1.MG organic choice 3 month potting soil(yes ive read ALL of the opinions on MG soils and i would prefer not to use it, but theres no way im paying freight to get a back of FoxFarms dirt shipped here, I cant find it around here)
2. 8" pots
3. 1 tbsp/gal of dolomite lime
4. 30% perilite
5. putting about 1.5" of used hydroton(from my hydro days) in the bottom of each pot for aeration
6.at the very MOST, using weak concentration of nutes a month or so into the grow(because its LR#2)

now all im asking is that people point out any potentially fatal errors they may see in my plan....and before we go there.....yes im aware that many people feel MG has no place in a MJ grow....again....Im not mailordering dirt.
I think its a sound plan.....im just a little iffy because it is a 8 week LR #2 grow.

Thanks in advance!
Shutty

starting flora nova 4 weeks in did it IMHO.
TBG n I (same boat as you...can only order decent soil) do not add any ferts to MG soil until about 2nd week of flower then we start at 1/4-1/2 strength. ;) (LR start at 1/8-1/4 strength)
Adding a touch of lime won't hurt...help buffer the PH fluctuations in the MG soil.
I use the potting soil. the "organic" outdoor mix is supposed to be mixed with top soil. Not sure about the "outdoor" stuff.
I don't add anything to it. Used to add perlite, but didn't really need it. The soil was fluffy enough for me.

i`ve used MG soil for a couple of grows and think it`s great if you want to do as little as possible.
sounds like a good plan you got there dude, keep us updated.

try straight perlite..

someone here has, and his plants looked amazing.

Latest posts

Back