@nouvellechef

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melvan

BHC Member #313
Reaction score
Got a baking question.

If I line my deep dish glass pie pan with parchment paper will I be able to lift the pie out to put on pie plate?

Or, should I bake the pie in a spring form? But if I do that how do I get the fluted edges? Can I buy a pie pan that is spring form?

Thanks!

What kind of pie? Also, why did you require taking your pie out of your pie dish? You don't have a nifty decorative pie dish?

My wife uses stone pie dishes to cook in and display. :confused2:

Maybe there's some discrepancy between terminology here, but curious mostly why you want to take it out.

That should work, i would make a cross with the paper so there are four sides to lift at once.

It'll be fresh pumpkin. I want to display it on a fall themed plate for a party.

That's what I was thinking Rose, to use parchment as handles. Thanks.

1385646_443429725773608_951396172_n.jpg

Sorry I could not help myself!!

Mel, I am thinking you need four hands and one more to support it with a turner or big spatula. Good luck, and let me know.

Honestly, your best bet is to buy a nifty stone pie dish, that you can 1) cook it in to perfection and 2) display it in. :confused2:

This is what my wife does on Thanksgiving

hxxp://www.collectiblesrome.com/rowe/pie-stand-3.jpg (change the "xx" to "tt")
hxxp://lapetiteabeille.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/img_1496.jpg

She doesn't want a nifty stone dish, the woman has a plan, it will rock!

Indeed, I understand :)

I just worry that, unless you make a REALLY thick crust, it's going to fall apart either in transition or on the first cut. :(

Pies are generally non transferable once they are baked in something. The crust is just too brittle. Esp for a presentation. If you looking to present it outside a pie form, yes, you can use springform pans and either open up and slide off or invert and present it. We are in fall season for desserts at the restaurants and here are some of the following,

Pumpkin tart tatin
Pecan and salted caramel bars
Pumpkin mousse
Pumpkin pie w/ spiced pumpkin seeds

My wife is doing:

Double layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Cupcakes
Apple Crisp and pies

I love this time of season :D

We tested some new recipes today. One turned out really good. It was basically a neapolitan(layered dessert) that contained salty, gooey pecan bars cut in squares. Then sandwiched in between was a pumpkin custard. It had roasted pumpkin seeds and Mascarpone ice cream.

You can try taking it out in halves. Much eaiser to handle, and you will be cutting the pie anyways I assume? So once it's cooled all the way through, cut it and move it. Then decorate it after and no one will know. You could even move it piece by piece. As long as it looks good and you are careful not to crumble your crust it will work. Or springforms...

You could always do little tarts too.

Did 2 pumpkin souffle last night for our desert with dinner. Sometimes I have trouble with those because my old farmhouse I live in doesn't have a level floor in the kitchen, but last night they turned out awesome.

I think what I'm going to do is make 2 pies for the party. If the first one doesn't leave the pan right, then it can stay here and be for us, if it does, then the second one can stay here and be for us. Win Win!

Fresh pumpkins are overflowing here this year, must have been a great season for them.

Latest posts

Back