number of leaves for first week of grow ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovbnstoned

Reaction score
what is the number of leaves before I start to feed the nutrients n start the first week of Gro ??
100_1592.JPG

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
ol stoner :tokie:

wait at least 2-3 weeks

get those plants close as you can to the light........ don't fill cup/pot so full of media........ leave room to add dirt just in case they get tall to start with...... you can add dirt to cup and help support the stretching new plants.

what kind of dirt is that?

3 weeks, then lightly feed if not in prenuted dirt. Use seed starter without any nutrients in it.

im using organic soil from homedepot, n feeding with dyna gro-protek n great white. im using a LED Grolight, that ihave used to gro my non cannabis plants with.
,they have been in the soil since last week Tuesday

need all the feedback I can get

"need all the feedback I can get"

You need to be thinking about what your gonna do about a flowering light and how your gonna control odor....... I suggest you consider a HPS cool tube light with hood so you can cool with a fan and control odor with a carbon filter........ unless your legal odor has to be considered.

building a 4 x4 or 5 ft gro room in the bedroom, im between using LED or HPS,, with order, I saw an idea of using a bucket with water filled with ona n a fan on the top n holes between where the water n the fan.

I wait until the cotyledons have gone yellow all the way up regardless of time. Then feed at 1/3 strength the first few times.

what r cotyledons ??

Cotyledons: the round-ended first pair of "leaves" on a freshly germinated sprout

Exactly what grower 13 said. If you look at your plant they will be the lowest leaves and won't look like weed leaves. They are always small and never grow. The plant uses them as a nutrient source and is thus self sufficient, with the exception of water. Once they are completely yellow it has used all the possible energy from them and it is now time to give them a shot of nutrients.

My 2 friends above me have nailed it on the head. :aok:

Green Mojo to ya!

I thank U all for the info

Brother, don't even try the cover-up stuff. It doesn't work well enough unless you are going to stay VERY small, and grow strains that have very low smell. Even if you are small, you can get small blowers and filters to put in your room and just cycle the air through them and it will eleminate all your odor issues. Here is a small unit that I use in my internal space for deodorizing. hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/phresh®-filter-4in-12in-virgin-carbon-p-3421.html
I use the bigger ones inside my 5x5 tents as I fill mine up and they get dank smelling. :D

Also here is the fan for powering the filter: hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/vortex-inch-172-cfm-high-power-inline-fan-p-351.html
You can either set it inside your grow space if there is room(hang it from the ceiling if not enough room), or if you are venting and taking air from inside the room, you can actually mount the blower so that the filter is inside the space but removing the air to the outside of the space. This way it will both filter and exchange air within the grow space which is critical. :)

hushpuppy,, I thought that on any MH or HPS bulb, U have to have flexible tubing on both side. how do U get along with just one side
please understand i'm a newb , n trying to learn all I can

on ur cooling tube reflector

Well it depends on how you are set up. I have air-cooled light fixtures that are connected to a carbon filter on one end and to the blower on the other end, and they are connected by way of the flex hose. But I also have a small blower and small filter that has the blower mounted right to the filter flange and they sit upright in the middle of my work space and just scrub the air in that space. I run that when I am harvesting or working where a lot of smell escapes the tents into the main space.

If you are using a cooltube or other air-cooled/vented hood for your lights then connecting it to a blower and filter with flex hose so that you can pull the air out of the room and scrub it at the same time, is the best setup I believe. Sorry about the confusion :)

appreciate the info HP

my leaves r turning yellow , what does that mean,, what am I doing wrong ???

Latest posts

Back