OCCG Hydro's 1000w Closet Drip System - Blueberry Kush & White Russian

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your makin me a beliver man.. i been considerin growin some wht russian. hope u sell it on me lol.. best of luck on ur grow man. cant wait to see the final product.

I'm thinkin I'm just gonna go with the blue kush on the next grow but I'm going to keep a mamma plant of the russian so I don't lose the strain. The russian grows crazy fast and doesn't feed as heavy as the blue, but has much more space between internodes and is somewhat hard to control. The kush is growing nice squat dense plants and is much easier to control (which is convenient in my room). Either one, by it's self would be a great choice, but I wouldn't recommend growing them in the same room. I think I'm going to switch off between one another and just do one strain at a time from now on.

occg.hydro said:
I'm thinkin I'm just gonna go with the blue kush on the next grow but I'm going to keep a mamma plant of the russian so I don't lose the strain. The russian grows crazy fast and doesn't feed as heavy as the blue, but has much more space between internodes and is somewhat hard to control. The kush is growing nice squat dense plants and is much easier to control (which is convenient in my room). Either one, by it's self would be a great choice, but I wouldn't recommend growing them in the same room. I think I'm going to switch off between one another and just do one strain at a time from now on.

how tall are your russian girls by now???

Here are some pics from yesterday. 50 days in to veg. I'm thinkin about another week to 10 days and they'll be ready to flower. I'm just waiting for the kush plants in the middle row to catch up with their sativa counterparts a little. I know, I know, lots of overexposed pics... shoot at night with the flash... blah blah blah... don't shoot with the light on... blah blah blah... whatever...

7.20.08 001.jpg

7.20.08 002.jpg

7.20.08 003.jpg

7.20.08 005.jpg

7.20.08 006.jpg

7.20.08 007.jpg

7.20.08 008.jpg

7.20.08 009.jpg

7.20.08 016.jpg

7.20.08 021.jpg

7.20.08 026.jpg

7.20.08 032.jpg

lol sorry, I just read that as soon as I posted. >.< sometimes i dont even pay attention to the writing, but you can't expect me to if you have pictures like that under-neath the paragraph :)

lucky left said:
how tall are your russian girls by now???

they are all between 16 and 18 inches right now and my kushes are at 12 to 14. Not a huge difference, but I've bent and trained all of the russians to keep them about the same height. They're kind of unruly. All of the plants were topped around week 3 (at about 8-9 inches tall) and both strains seem to be responding very well. Lots of colas, especially the russians. The kush is just so much more dense though. I'm a big fan of kush strains, which is my main reasoning behind cloning them for my next grow, but I'm going to keep a clone of one of the russians in case it turns out that I just love the strain. So far the russians have a much longer internode distance so I doubt that they'll harvest as heavy, but we'll see. I'm planning on switching over to flowering when the russians hit 24 inches. That way the kush plants should have caught up height wise a little bit. I've been reading about plant stretch lately and I've been keeping the night temp within about 5-7 degrees of the day temp which seems to help them form really tight nodes but the russians are still super stretchy.

thebest said:
lol sorry, I just read that as soon as I posted. >.< sometimes i dont even pay attention to the writing, but you can't expect me to if you have pictures like that under-neath the paragraph :)
all good bro!

Dude!!!! I've been using 6 yeast+sugar co2 generators and I've gotta say, anyone that's not on to the co2 thing yet needs to be! It works soooooo well and costs next to nothing. Yeast is about 2.00 for 3 packets and 5lbs of sugar costs 2.50. That's lasting for about a week and a half so I just make sure to change them out every time I change the res. I wasn't completely sold at first but I tried it and you can see NOTICEABLE new leaf growth from the addition. Try it out! it seems like most of the people doing it are using it for aquarium plants but if you make enough it'll work fine for a small room!

occg.hydro said:
Dude!!!! I've been using 6 yeast+sugar co2 generators and I've gotta say, anyone that's not on to the co2 thing yet needs to be! It works soooooo well and costs next to nothing. Yeast is about 2.00 for 3 packets and 5lbs of sugar costs 2.50. That's lasting for about a week and a half so I just make sure to change them out every time I change the res. I wasn't completely sold at first but I tried it and you can see NOTICEABLE new leaf growth from the addition. Try it out! it seems like most of the people doing it are using it for aquarium plants but if you make enough it'll work fine for a small room!

wonderful job man. i heard Co2 works wonders in gardens. glad its all workin out for you. can wait till you flower these babies. thats wen the FUN begins lol. and i been meaning to ask you this. what size pots are you growing in (ex. 2gal, 5gal). jus wanted to know cuz this looks like a good setup only i would rather have 5gal pots for my particular needs.

lucky left said:
wonderful job man. i heard Co2 works wonders in gardens. glad its all workin out for you. can wait till you flower these babies. thats wen the FUN begins lol. and i been meaning to ask you this. what size pots are you growing in (ex. 2gal, 5gal). jus wanted to know cuz this looks like a good setup only i would rather have 5gal pots for my particular needs.

I'm using 5gal buckets with 10" mesh pots. Straight hydroton for my medium. Next time I'm thinking about using a hydroton/coco mix but I haven't made up my mind yet. I had some issues with figuring out the watering cycle at first, seeing as how the hydroton is a pretty good repellant, but I seem to have gotten every thing worked out.

"I'm sorry, 215 patient or not, I can't hook up anybody with anything. Please don't make requests for hookups on this forum. We need to keep this forum as safe as possible for everybody that uses it. Thanks for your support though, I really do appreciate it. If all goes according to plan the plants will be under 4.25 feet when ready for harvest. When I switch to flowering I swap out the 1000w MH for a 1000w HPS and add suplemental CFL lighting to cover the lower branches as needed.
Today 01:23 AM "

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :farm:

Looking good buddie.... How much space does co2 require to bennefit your plants OG

co2 would benefit your plants no matter how big or small the space. You just want to make sure not to over do it or you can kill your babies. My room is constantly being exhausted so in my case I would have to try pretty damn hard to raise the co2 ppm high enough to damage the plants. This is my first time using co2, so I'm still experimenting. From what I understand, normal air contains around 300ppm of co2, plants would ideally like between 700 - 1000 ppm, start to burn at 2000ppm and die at around 5000ppm, so your threshold for experimentation is pretty large before you do damage, as long as you're careful. I don't have any kind of meter to gauge how much co2 is in the air but like I was saying, I have fresh HEPA filtered air coming in to the room constantly at around 150cfm, so I'm not to worried about burning them. Best advice I could give would be to start out small and see how everything responds and work your way up from there. Give it some time too, I didn't start seeing major results for a few days after starting co2, but after the first batch ran out I noticed a definite difference in the amount of new foliage the plants had produced. with co2 they seem to stretch less and produce more foliage in between nodes. I've also noticed that with co2 side-branching is majorly emphasized. If you want instructions on how I made the generators I'll try to find the youtube video I found most helpful. There's a lot of **** advice out there and it seems like there were only a few helpful sites. I'll compile a list of useful info and post it here later today.

Okay, so here are the sites I got my info from. Both of these guys use the stuff for their aquarium plants. The youtube vid is a good step by step on how to build them. I don't like his ratios though. I use 2 cups of sugar to 1.5 teaspoons of yeast. Make sure to activate the yeast. This guy doesn't do it and I've tried it both ways. I use a cooking thermometer to check the water temp coming out of the sink and get it to 110f, fill my bottles up 3/4 of the way, add the sugar, shake, add the yeast, shake, wait, wait, wait and sooner or later it starts to bubble. The video is helpful but the other site I listed is MUCH more comprehensive. Whoever made the site is waaaaaayyyyyy to in to this, but has some REALLY good pointers. TONS of info! Let me know how it works for you and how you ended up doing it. enjoy!

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZFM9ZpaqGM&feature=related
hXXp://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html

So OG t hey branch better & are healthier and your light are 24/0...

"450 ppm, 18 hour light cycle, watering 4 times/day --- day 39 veg"

I ok so I smoke to much and had not enough coffee I am blind. lol

I wonder how the ladies would react to 24/0 with CO2....

Latest posts

Back