OCCG Hydro's 1000w Closet Drip System - Blueberry Kush & White Russian

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
occg.hydro said:
they're doing really well. I'm going to flush them tonight and change the reservoir. They've only got a couple more days until I switch them over to flowering. I've got to get a few CFL's too so that I can get some extra light on the lower branches. I'm going to cut a couple of clones and start a mother plant of each strain so that when I harvest this crop I'm all ready to go again!
how do you make a mother clone ????what do i need to keep it going?whats a fool proof way to root a clone ?thanks

occg.hydro said:
Ok, so I flushed w/ clearex and changed the reservoir tonight. The nutes are at 505 ppm. I measured the plants as well. The tallest of the Russians are at 20" and the tallest kush is at 16". This should be the last few days of veg for these guys!

Getting close to flowering buddie...

PUFF MONKEY said:
how do you make a mother clone ????what do i need to keep it going?whats a fool proof way to root a clone ?thanks

Well, there's really no fool proof way from what I've found. Plants are crazy strong but think about what you're asking it to do! you're chopping off a growth tip, sticking it in medium and asking it to become a whole new plant! I'd say the most "fool proof" way would be to start more clones than you're going to end up needing so that if a few don't make it you're still set. I need 1-2 mother's from both strains I have, so I cut a total of 8 clones last night (4 of each strain). If they all live I'll give the ones I don't need to a club. I use a propagation tray w/ a 7" humidity dome (around $7 for both), a 26w (100w equivalent) DAYLIGHT spectrum CFL, 1.5"x1.5" Grodan rockwool cubes, Clonex Gel, razor blades and a nice pair of pruning scissors. You're also going to need some RO water, a bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide, your veg nutes and something to mist the plants with. Once you've got your supplies, take some RO water and adjust it to 5.5. Put that in a container and soak the rockwool cubes in it for at least an hour or two. You don't really need to over do that part. Take a shot glass and fill it with hydrogen peroxide, wash your pruning scissors and your razor blade and toss them in the peroxide to help sterilize them. Make sure to rinse off the peroxide before taking cuttings. While the cubes are soaking take another container and put some of the RO water in it. As long as the pH is between 6.0 & 6.5 on this container you should be fine. This one is for the clippings. As soon as you cut the growth tips you're going to make in to clones put the end you cut in this container to prevent air bubbles from getting in to the stem. Just toss the clippings in the water so that the cut end is submerged. Take yet another container and fill it with RO water adjusted to 6.5, add a few ml of peroxide and add just a few drops of your veg nutes. The mixture I use had a ppm of 26. Don't over do it with nutes, clones don't have roots yet and don't have any way to take in the nutes. This is going to be used as a spray to foliar feed them in the mean time. Once you have the clippings you're going to use cut them to the length you want, take the razor blade and make a diagonal incision on the bottom of the stem (think roses), then take the blade and gently scrape the outside of about 1/2" of the skin on the bottom of the cutting. This is where your roots are going to grow from. By disturbing the area you give the cutting a better chance of sprouting roots and more surface area to uptake water. Make sure to do this quickly as you don't want air bubbles, bacteria, etc. entering your cutting. Dip the bottom of the cutting in clonex or whatever you're using for about 30 seconds, making sure that there's no air at the bottom of the cutting. While it's sitting in the gel grab one of the cubes out of the 5.5 soak, dry it out a little by holding it in your hand and flicking it with your wrist (don't squeeze it, this compacts the rockwool), then dip it in your 6.5 nute solution and flick the water out again. You want it to be moist, not wet and not dry. Now pull your cutting out of the clonex and gently put it in the little hole in the rockwool. Don't try to straighten the cutting if it's flopping over, it'll do this on it's own fairly quickly after you put it under the light. After you have all of your cuttings in cubes, put them in the propagation tray, put the 6.5 mixture that you made in a sprayer and give them a nice misting. I also mist the inside of the humidity dome to keep the humidity high. Mist them 2-3 times a day for about 3-4 days and then 1-2 times per day after that. Take the dome off after about 6 days and continue to mist the plants a few times daily. After the dome comes off you have to make sure to check the cubes and keep them moist. Don't over water the cubes or the roots will take longer to pop out. After about 8-10 days if everything goes right you should have a couple of little roots popping out of the bottom of the rockwool.

Everybody has a different method of cloning. If you google the subject you'll find about a hundred different ways to do it. It's all about experimentation. Keep trying until you get it right and pay attention to what you did when it worked. The fun part about growing is the experimentation (if you're just trying to smoke you'd buy it instead of busting your *** trying to learn to grow, right?) so don't let it get you down if they die on you a few times, just keep going at it until you're the self-proclaimed clone master!

chillin! everything's going well. I cut 8 clones last night, hopefully they make it. I'm sure I'll get at least a couple of each strain out of it. The plants are pretty beastly at this point, they're no longer my babies. They're raging teenage monsters, lol. I switched out the water in the res 2 days ago and the kush plants are about as close to being caught up as they're going to get so I'm going to switch to flower in about 3 more days. I want to give them a chance to finish filling in and use up this batch of nutes before I switch them over. How's everything coming with your tent? That thing looks great so far! Good hearing from you!

occg.hydro said:
chillin! everything's going well. I cut 8 clones last night, hopefully they make it. I'm sure I'll get at least a couple of each strain out of it. The plants are pretty beastly at this point, they're no longer my babies. They're raging teenage monsters, lol. I switched out the water in the res 2 days ago and the kush plants are about as close to being caught up as they're going to get so I'm going to switch to flower in about 3 more days. I want to give them a chance to finish filling in and use up this batch of nutes before I switch them over. How's everything coming with your tent? That thing looks great so far! Good hearing from you!

Well I found out that m y grow tent is made of PVC witch is bad for my plant and needs to be made of PE... I found a Homebox for 279 the XL model... I have two Buddha Cheese sprouted & 1 Bubble Gum sprouted.. No Thai sprouted yet.... I found hairs growing on the Moon Light and the Sativa Hybrid but no balls yet...

I check on the Sativa Hybrid & they needed more water.. Darn girls are drinking alot right now...:D

I understand the simplicity of the tents is a great selling point, but why not make your own? If you send me specs for what you need size wise and all I'll help you design it if you need a hand. You could build one of those for waaaaayyyy less than that! all you need is some lumber and panda plastic and a couple basic tools. Let me know.

occg.hydro said:
I understand the simplicity of the tents is a great selling point, but why not make your own? If you send me specs for what you need size wise and all I'll help you design it if you need a hand. You could build one of those for waaaaayyyy less than that! all you need is some lumber and panda plastic and a couple basic tools. Let me know.

I live in apartment... Thats why a tent is more easy to set or take down... No noise iether...:)

They're just about filled in to where I want them now. Took the pics at night this time. I really like how they look, I just don't like messing around with them at night. I'm going to switch them over to 12/12 in 2 more days. Stay posted for more!

:holysheep:

8.8.08 001.jpg

8.8.08 002.jpg

8.8.08 003.jpg

8.8.08 004.jpg

8.8.08 005.jpg

8.8.08 006.jpg

8.8.08 007.jpg

8.8.08 008.jpg

8.8.08 009.jpg

8.8.08 011.jpg

8.8.08 012.jpg

8.8.08 013.jpg

Looking good... Ladies are bushing nicely... What buckets do you start with & end with... This grow is really looking good buddie.

nice grow OCCG. what drip system are you using, custom? i use GH waterfarm 8 bucket + one mother. i run drip (valved) continuous during vege 24/7 with lights @ 16/8, then off when the lights are off in flower, 12/12. always perfect RH, i live in a pretty dry climate, colorado foothills, and have good ventilation. i'm wondering why you run your drip in intervals like you do? again, nice grow, looking forward to following your progress in flowering.
steady rock easy, all the while keeping the man down,
-g

glyph said:
nice grow OCCG. what drip system are you using, custom? i use GH waterfarm 8 bucket + one mother. i run drip (valved) continuous during vege 24/7 with lights @ 16/8, then off when the lights are off in flower, 12/12. always perfect RH, i live in a pretty dry climate, colorado foothills, and have good ventilation. i'm wondering why you run your drip in intervals like you do? again, nice grow, looking forward to following your progress in flowering.
steady rock easy, all the while keeping the man down,
-g

Custom built system. I have 10" mesh pots filled with hydroton in 5 gal buckets. I expected to be able to water continuously or at least 1min on 4min off when I started because of the water shedding properties of the hydroton, but the clones I started were in some cheap coco plug type of things that retained tons of moisture. The plugs ended up holding too much water so I had to back off the watering to 3 times per day for 15 min each time. now that they have big 'ol roots on them I've upped it to 5 times per day for 10 min each time. I was having problems with the RH because I have to run a 12000 btu air conditioner when the lights are on to deal with the heat here. Now that the plants are bigger the RH is between 38% and 55%, so it's right in the perfect range. I've tweaked the air conditioner a little bit. If it's set at 80 degrees it keeps the room at about 82 to 84, which is perfect with co2. I hate those goddamn plugs though, so I decided to just clone my plants, before I switch them to flower, in rockwool cubes this time. Should avoid watering problems next time.

KGB30 said:
Looking good... Ladies are bushing nicely... What buckets do you start with & end with... This grow is really looking good buddie.

They are in 10" mesh pots that hang in 5 gallon buckets

Sexologist420 said:
God thats some sexy berrykush Wish I had some loaded in my bong right now!!!!!

yeah, you're tellin me!!! I'm switching out the nutes for sensi bloom 2 part right now, today's the first day of 12/12... stay posted for fat nugs!!!

did some pruning around the bottom and chopped a few more clones tonight. the res is switched out w/ 550ppm sensi bloom 2 part and carbo load. Set the lights to 12/12 and set the watering timer... soon there should be buds!!! The plants grew 6" in 4 days so I hope I don't overshoot my target height! time to go buy some cfl's to take care of the lower branches.

occg.hydro said:
did some pruning around the bottom and chopped a few more clones tonight. the res is switched out w/ 550ppm sensi bloom 2 part and carbo load. Set the lights to 12/12 and set the watering timer... soon there should be buds!!! The plants grew 6" in 4 days so I hope I don't overshoot my target height! time to go buy some cfl's to take care of the lower branches.

Sounds good buddy... Good Morning Buddy have a good day..

Latest posts

Back