OCCG Hydro's 1000w Closet Drip System - Blueberry Kush & White Russian

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant wait till I get to sneak up in the dark and WHACK cut me some bud :D :D

Awesome Grow Dude!!! First thing that came to mind when I saw those monsters was:eek: :holysheep: haha Great grow man. You know I feel the same way you do in your light decision 1000w or 600w? They say that a 600w is more efficient watt for watt so I figure if its air cooled I can get it lower to the tops of the plants and use a window a/c unit.

What btu rating was your portable a/c?

Killertea08 said:
Awesome Grow Dude!!! First thing that came to mind when I saw those monsters was:eek: :holysheep: haha Great grow man. You know I feel the same way you do in your light decision 1000w or 600w? They say that a 600w is more efficient watt for watt so I figure if its air cooled I can get it lower to the tops of the plants and use a window a/c unit.

What btu rating was your portable a/c?

The air conditioner's a 7000 BTU. I'm thinking I'm gonna sell it on craigslist now that I've run it for 4 months continuously and get a new one. I'm lookin at a 10000 BTU now. I don't think I'll need it during the cooler part of the year but might as well be ready for summer. The 1000 worked out great but if I could do it over again I would have used 2 600's. Whatever you do, DON'T use a 4" fan!!! Go with something larger if it's at all possible. I'm going to upgrade to a 6" or 8".

Elven said:
Cant wait till I get to sneak up in the dark and WHACK cut me some bud :D :D
I'm gonna put my ninja mask on so they don't see me coming! ha ha ha!!!

occg.hydro said:
I'm gonna put my ninja mask on so they don't see me coming! ha ha ha!!!

I am going to buy one of those toy Night Vision Goggles that make you look like Sam Fischer from the Splinter Cell games. so I can do it in the dark like a pro :)

Elven said:
I am going to buy one of those toy Night Vision Goggles that make you look like Sam Fischer from the Splinter Cell games. so I can do it in the dark like a pro :)

lmao, pro style for sure!

yeah I think when I get my system going im going to use 2 600w switchable ballast lamps with a 12,000 btu window a/c to cool it down. I did find a place that has 600w lamps with 8in flange's but im not sure it really matters, I think 6in flange would do ok. I would definently go big on your a/c you never know when you want to add another light. I think the biggest window a/c I found was a 24,000btu but I bet thats loud. I think 12,000 would be ok. Good luck dude.

so here are the totals -
13.5 oz White Russian
8.5 oz Blueberry Kush

Both came out super stoney. The kush is a little damp still but it should smoke great when it cures a little longer. I'll post pics as soon as my roommate gets back with the camera. Should be a great winter with 1.25 lbs of good bud to smoke!

I remember this thread. I'm glad everything turned out!

P.s. :postpicsworthless:

Latest posts

Back