OK so how about this for vegging and cloning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbak67

bobbak67
Reaction score
I have a dual 65 watt pc light setup for an aquarium. I can order 7100k and 10000k spectrum for it, how would this work for a mother, clone, veg light?

do a mother in a aquarium? be interesting to see, good luck!

bobbak67 said:
I have a dual 65 watt pc light setup for an aquarium. I can order 7100k and 10000k spectrum for it, how would this work for a mother, clone, veg light?

What type of light is it?

How many lumens is each bulb?

Are you aware that you need about 50 watts for every square foot of growing space?

You don't want light hitting the roots. You'll need to cover the glass or just use a $5 plastic plant container.

It doesnt tell me what the lumens are, but they are 22 inch pc, I think they would put out more lumens than a regulat 4' t-12

Are you aware that you need about 50 watts for every square foot of growing space?
Oh yes, at the moment this will be added to other cfl and regular flo's for veg, I use a 400 watt hps for flower.

You don't want light hitting the roots. You'll need to cover the glass or just use a $5 plastic plant container.

Yes Im a soil grower so that is not an issue!

It doesn't tell me what the lumens are, but they are 22 inch pc, I think they would put out more lumens than a regular 4' t-12

What is a "pc" light? LED? Somewhere, there has to be a reference to how much light it produces. If you know who manufactured it, you could look on their web site. If it's two 65 watt bulbs, then it's going to be close to 10 or 15 thousand lumens total. That's enough for about 3 to 4 square feet of plant canopy. Roughly a 2 foot by 2 foot area.

Oh yes, at the moment this will be added to other cfl and regular flo's for veg, I use a 400 watt hps for flower.

You may want to look into using an HPS for your vegging. It can be used for vegging and also flowering. HPS lighting gives awesome results in both vegging and flowering.

Yes I'm a soil grower so that is not an issue!

It's also a concern for soil growers. If you grow in a glass container, the roots will rapidly grow to the outside of the root area and be exposed to light. This lighted area will also be wet and will produce massive quantities of algae growth. That algae growth will use your nutrients and cause ph fluctuations that could result in a lockout of certain nutrients.

It really isn't a good idea to grow in clear containers. That's why no one makes them for plants.

mendo local said:
do a mother in a aquarium? be interesting to see, good luck!

LMAO, not in an aquarium, just using aquarium lighting!

bobbak67 said:
LMAO, not in an aquarium, just using aquarium lighting!

hehe, I also misunderstood! I thought you were growing *in* the aquarium.

Stoney Bud said:

What is a "pc" light? LED? Somewhere, there has to be a reference to how much light it produces. If you know who manufactured it, you could look on their web site. If it's two 65 watt bulbs, then it's going to be close to 10 or 15 thousand lumens total. That's enough for about 3 to 4 square feet of plant canopy. Roughly a 2 foot by 2 foot area.
PC is power compact, very similar if not the same as cfl's. doesnt tell me the light production in lumens, 460nm?? http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~PC1652.html
2x2 is all I would need anyway!!

You may want to look into using an HPS for your vegging. It can be used for vegging and also flowering. HPS lighting gives awesome results in both vegging and flowering.
I have a flower room with my hps and veg seperatly so i cannot use my hps for veg. trying to keep a perpetual harvest going.

It's also a concern for soil growers. If you grow in a glass container, the roots will rapidly grow to the outside of the root area and be exposed to light. This lighted area will also be wet and will produce massive quantities of algae growth. That algae growth will use your nutrients and cause ph fluctuations that could result in a lockout of certain nutrients.

It really isn't a good idea to grow in clear containers. That's why no one makes them for plants.
I have never heard of anyone using a clear container for a pot! algae and light on roots are not an issue for me, but thanks for the info!
!!

Stoney Bud said:
hehe, I also misunderstood! I thought you were growing *in* the aquarium.

That would be pretty cool though...hhmmmmm???

Latest posts

Back