Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trimmed some of the weak stuff from lower on all plants. Left mostly strong branches. Took 8 of the best trimmings for clones.
Before:
3C270618-4C15-4ACF-8C52-369DDA8E88B4.jpeg

After:

297DB1B4-8DA6-4621-BB59-47B6B4F05ACB.jpeg

Those look very healthy

Thx. They are pretty happy. Realized if I transplant next week, I will need to find another place for 3 plants since a 2x4 ft space will not accommodate 7 three gallon felt bags very well.

I transplanted this morning to my 3 gallon felt pots. All 7 pots fit in the 2x4 tent but only barely. I mixed in some amendments because I can’t help myself. 32 cups of recycled soil, 4 cups composted cow manure, 4 tablespoons each of dried chicken ****, blood meal, worm castings, rock phosphate and diatomaceous earth. Needed to make 3 batches and will still need to make one more but I need to let more soil warm up before topping off the pots. Hoping I haven’t screwed up by making the soil too hot...

Unrelated but I used my flower nute run off to water this during its outdoor summer adventure. Most blooms and prettiest color I have seen on it...

80C33B56-2091-473F-B652-4B6CF7F7EA65.jpeg
91F06ACA-5E81-4138-8CE0-3E795DE47168.jpeg

I have wanted to try bonsai for decades but never have and at my age, I doubt I will be around long enough to grow a bonsai plant that would look like an old tree. I have my girlfriend(who I am now married to) a juniper bonsai when we first started dating. She killed it. No green thumb on her...

I got asked out by a palm tree but I told him I really didn't want a date.
I talked to a walnut tree for a while but he turned out to be nuts.
And let's not forget the mimosa pudica... any time I tried to have a real conversation with him, he just kinda closed up.
*chorus of groans*
I'll see myself out now, sorry....

Back to the subject of the thread(though the puns are appreciated and encouraged), I took a pic of my tent. Getting crowded. I was planning on getting rid of 3 plants to make room to flower but my cloning skills are not a skill at all so I may be keeping the 3 plants in a mother role. Not sure why I am having such a hard time cloning this go-round...

29935760-DCDB-4669-86F9-74E72F8501BF.jpeg

Trying to wrangle these girls. 7 in 3 gallon pots in a 2x4 footprint=unintended SOG. I have a home for 3 of them but not for 3 weeks. Probably going to have to get creative...

10A2BAB9-D193-4A42-A14E-22BC18E047B9.jpeg

My mimosa is much smaller than the others in my grow box due to a later start and a week at the beach during our power outage...but I’m confident it’ll get going and already has actually...

Latest posts

Back