opinion on trimming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddyo

mmmm... cookies...
Reaction score
hi guys :)
i see in some folks pics that they pretty much clean off the bottom of their girls...
is this necessary? if so, how far up does one trim?
here pics of my girls.
please, opinions on if i should "clean up" the bases.

DSCN0765 (Large).JPG

DSCN0766 (Large).JPG

DSCN0767 (Large).JPG

DSCN0768 (Large).JPG

With my outdoor plants I don't prune at all, I find that with natural sunlight there's plenty of light to penetrate the foliage! I do prune some lower branches when growing indoors as there isn't the light thats outside! The plants are looking pretty healty keep up the good work!

Phatpharmer

P.S what size pots are they in?

Removing lower branches that just produce popcorn buds will help the main cola's grow bigger.

I would have LST them so you dont get a big tall plant with one main bud, especially to keep them inconspicuous.

well i grow inside and i never cut-trim any thing until harvest, i am old-school and IMO if the plant didnt need it it wouldnt grow it....

gettinggray1964 said:
well i grow inside and i never cut-trim any thing until harvest, i am old-school and IMO if the plant didnt need it it wouldnt grow it....
I thought the same way forever. But, its hard to deny the "New School" growers too mate. These "baseball bat" colas and bends in a plant that would make a Japanese Bonsia gardner jealous. Huge increased yields and plant growths from proper trimming. This last grow, i had not touched a thing...... It grew such a huge shrub, thick as can be with leaf and growth, that i was finaly forced to trim it back while in flower. It was just too much in the way. Its done fine from the haircut too. Most of it all starts naturaly dieing back anyway, so maybe with proper trimming times and tecniques, it CAN be a very good thing.

Energy input is proportional to yield. You need leaf area to produce energy. If the leaves start turning yellow then trim them, otherwise they are helping to produce growth.

Latest posts

Back