opinions needed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popart

Reaction score
I have a big old farmhouse and I'm trying to figure out where to put my grow room. I have been using a closet in a spare bedroom with flouros. I recently purchased a 400w hps setup (hood with 6" inline air cooling) and I'm planning on going hydro. I could use the upstairs room - about 10x12 with a 9 ft ceiling, or build one in the basement. I'm leaning toward basement bcuz it's cool - temp consistant, and humidifier always running. NOW -- do I build a room in the corner? maybe a 5x5ft, OR do I use under the stairs? It's about a 3' x 6' x 8' tall at the high end -- I like this idea bcuz it's hidden in plain view. I'm just a little worried about heat in that space -- opinions are much appreciated!!

a 400 is appropriate/efficient for "about" a 3'x3' area. No sense in going much larger unless you increase your lighting.

:yeahthat:

and i like to add..i would use that room 10x12..and make 3 room in it..one vegg and two flower..but maybe i would use under the stairs for veg and buy 4 1ooo HPS with light movers for the room upstairs...is $$$ and issue? i can go on since ya did ask my opinion..cuzz i have lots of them:giggle: hope this helps..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

well, I'm only looking to do 4-6 plants at a time...I am planning to keep using the closet with flouros for vegging. I already purchased a 400 watt hps....the lights have a 6" inline air flow thingy -- I don't have any experience with these and how well they work - I have no idea? Can I just run a hose through there with an inline fan and that will cool it enough?

yes it will but like we said thet will sover a 9 sq ft area...

Latest posts

Back