outdoor cages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syke

Reaction score
for my outdoor this year i will have a 14' long x 5' wide x 8' tall
i was going to line the cage with chicken wire
to mainly keep the dogs out
but for intruders also somewhat.

i just have a question on insect screen.
would it be a good investment to line the outside
with a flying insect screen?
or would i be wasting my time?

If you don't have door(s) on the cages it would be great idea. Still, you may run out of room in the cage towards the end of the season, another good reason for screen. Bug free MJ. Oh Yea, get the screen and keep your girls safe. Green blessings.

IMO..insect screen is waste time and money...they will get in no matter what just make yourself some weapons. Happy growing

:48:

thanks for the input.
anyone else got any thoughts?

You don't want to keep out the good bugs. How about 2" mesh chicken wire 6 feet tall?

burnin123 said:
IMO..insect screen is waste time and money...they will get in no matter what just make yourself some weapons. Happy growing

:48:
I agree with this. I have also found that using insect screening greatly reduces air flow. I tested this a few years ago, plants inside the cage were not "fluttering" with the breeze like the ones placed just outside the cage. So I pointed a fan at the cage and sure as $#!+ the screening acts like an air dam. I do use the chicken wire, my yard is visited regularly by rabbits/deer/coons and most of their woodland friends.

Latest posts

Back