Outdoor growing -light pollution concern

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavy Metal 1

Reaction score
I live in a small town and I would like to get some going outside however neighbors nearby have outdoor flood lights. How can I Shield my plants against any light pollution from them?

How close are the lights. Do they keep you up at night? I guess you could try some autoflower plants, they don’t care if it’s light...

How close and how bright are the lights? My next door neighbor and I both grow. The neighbor next to him has a very large yard light--it is pretty much like a street light, up on a big pole and really bright. I was worried about it the first year I was here, but it didn't seem to affect either mine or my neighbor's grows...except it seemed like they took a long time to finish. We have discussed asking her if she would turn it off this summer--I am not convinced that it didn't prolong the flowering phase somewhat. However, I had a great harvest last year, street light and all.

The 3 neighbors in back of me have standard lights and they are 100 & 200 ft away. Hemp Goddess if you were successful under your circumstances I should be alright. I needed some perspective and you have provided that. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back