Over nuted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RAR,

I'mstill ocnfused about your fogger. Your pictures look more like a NFT system than a DWC and I don't see any fogger or even a place to use one.

Please explain where the fogger is in the pictures and just exactly what it does and how it does it.

I'm always curious, especially when someone posts about some thing totally new to me.

Thanks for helping me learn more. Your pictures show a really impressive looking system. I'm surprised that you're having problems with that of a sophisticated system.

Great smoking.

Hey Don this will be a link for you tube, I pretty much went off this guys fogger design idea and adapted it to my set up. He has some pretty good diy you tube videos for generic stuff. www.youtube.com/watch?v=brvJ2fGXusU[/url] take a look and this might clear up some questions. No this person is not me LOL. Or if this link doesnt work type in (diy aeroponics fogger) when you get into the you tube search engine, it has quite a few hits.

RAR,

I watched the video and actually think I have more questions that before, but I at least know who to get the FOG into the chamber.

Before I get into a bunch of questions that may not be needed, when he talks about water into the nebulizer, is he talking about water or nutrient solution?

Does the fogger just humidify the chamber and some kind of sprayer/mister system provide the nutrient solution?

What are the little tubes running along the length of the chamber with drops into the chamber between each plant for?

Thanks.

Great smoking.

The tubes are top feed drip emitters. They drip oxygeniated water into the 3" net pots. The upper containment chamber is just flooded with nutrient solution inwhich a nebulizer creates the fog. Each long tube which houses the net pots has a 90deg connector. The mist then flows down the 90,s into each grow chamber creating a very humid/oxygeniated grow chamber. My fogger containment has a 1/4" input water line. The black line is half inch sealtight which is a over flow so the fogger chamber is always flooded. The nebulizer uses the same nutrient enriched water which is inthe res. The res has 8 misters and a airstone to keep everything enriched. I added my own twist to the design. My fogger attachment is on the down hillside. That's the first design flaw. It should of been on the up hill side so the mist could flow down hill. I am going to change that soon. Hope this helps a little.

Do all "fogger aero" systems use drip too?

Have you tried using a similar system with just the drips but no fogger? How much improvement in yield and/or quality have you exerpienced and in comparison to what system?

Thanks for your patience help.

Great smoking everyone.

Well, no advice as of yet to wether or not the fogger is a help or waste of time. I can take the fogger off and cap the 3" holes with blanks and run without to get a comparisson. I am using dwc,s with top feed drip emitters air stones and I placed a small water pump with a manifold and 90deg misters In my dwcs, I carefully studied your diy dwc post, it clariefied alot of fill in the blanks. I would like to see a diy post with a main resivor chamber like the water farm feeding multiple hydro/dwcs systems. I am going to have to do some indoor hydro gurriella growing to camoflauge the mj. My idea is to use hemp goddess scrog in the very back of tent, and keep some garden veg up in front of hydro. To much of a risk with preteens running around LOL to have a full tent going.

RAR,

A suggestion, with the family make up you refer to, I would install a good dead bolt on the room the tent is set up in and carry the only key. Then put the fear of RAR in them if ANY of their friends ever find out that you have a garden growing in there. Orchids have been good cover explaining why you are so protective of what is in the room for some in the past because Orchids are known for being so fragile to any disturbances in their environment.

If I understand your system, you are growing using a drip system over top of a DWC with the roots submerged in the tubes, but how much of the tube will be full of the solution?

Also, aren't the tubes 4" x 4"? That means the net pots are 3" or smaller right? Won't 3" pots seriously limit the size of plants you can grow? What are you going to do when the root mass fills up the entire tube and neither the solution nor the fog is going to drain past/through them? These are questions that my local hydro shop posed to me when I talked to him about the system and I had no answers.

He suggested using the largest post/tube you could find, which I believe are some where around 8" to 10" square,and 6" pots. He suggested using drip emitters on top of the media, which I think is what you are doing, because they are easier to monitor than misters or sprayers inside the tube.

He also recommended letting the nutrient solution drain down the square tubes and from there back into a reservoir rather than letting it stand in the tubes like a DWC would.

Any comments anyone?

On the waterfarm/hydro systems using separate containers and a central controlling reservoir, I don't think any one is DIYing that system here -- at least I haven't heard of it, but I think someone commented in my thread that they were using General Hydro's multi bucket system and they could probably provide information on how that works.

Another thing might be to go to GH's website and download their owner's manual for the multi bucket system and study how they use the central control reservoir. Here is the URL hxxp://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/instructions/GH_Controller_inst.pdf for their instruction sheet for their 8 bucket control, which could be used with any number of containers with the addition or subtraction of plumbing.

Good growing asnd even better smoking.

My best friend grew killer 3' plants with a 3" net pot with a drip system...I don't know crap about hydro, but what I watched him and a few other friends do...he had like a 30 gallon rubbermaid tub with several 3" net pots in the lid of it. I think he had 6 grow sites on the one small system, the roots all sat in the 30 gallon tub, and they were fed by a constant drip. So I know that 3" net pots work. he would have only been able to get a couple plants in this system if he used 6" or 8" net pots.

legalize freedom,

So you're saying that 3 6" pots in the 10 gallon coolers might work?

Thank you.

Great smoking.

Yep will agree, should have used the 6 x 6. Also the drip emitters do drain into the main res, it's hard to see the down hill slope. This little system was a mad science experiment LOL. I am really pushing the enevelope with space in the hydro tubes,just to see what can be acheived. Im also pushing the lights as well. It's been 28 days now and there is lots of green bushy plants everywhere. If you compare the root mass to say tomatoes will mj be larger or smaller? I agree with the lock.

Don...I'm the wrong person to ask anything about hydro systems, I have never run them, any experience I have with them are based solely on watching a few friends with their systems. With that being said, I don't see why you couldn't use (3) 6" net pots, but you could also use (6) 3" net pots to get the most out of your space.

RAR...I'm not certain, but I belive that tomato's and mj are very close to the same in root structure...but please DON'T take my word for it! I know the system my friend was running, that sounds and looks similar to yours, had plenty of room for his root systems. He also ran a fogger in his res...unfortunately he is no longer with us or I would give him a call...god I wish I could! Good Luck on your veggies bud!

Latest posts

Back