Painterdudes Art Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SM.. I'm afraid to guess what the snow girls mouth is made of,:rofl:
I do have guesses, I'm just afraid to post them!!!:eek:

:yeahthat:

OK, seems like it's getting more obvious and it also seems like my first guess was way off.....OK, guess number two is that when a dog defecates in your yard right after you built a snow woman, you picked it up and shoved it in the middle of her face, right underneath the carrot nose. Although this sounds horrible and misogynistic, it does make a great, smelly, quite unusual and creative snow woman's mouth.

You could of gone thru your kittie litter box but I'm assuming you just 'saw it, grabbed it and stuck it into your snow-ball head'

And why is everybody afraid? This is the Art Club and MOM has created a MIXED MEDIA SCULPTURE.....no big deal, it's real, dig?

:spit: Um no pdude.

I bet you could figure it out if you tried real hard. :)

Hi Gone2pot....some of my classmates went to Otis Art Institute in Los Angeles, got their Masters and then went nuts in the 1970's....way to many hard drugs and the crazy California life style waylaid them for a long, long time. I am in contact with several artists, a sculpture, a film maker, an animator, a painter, a potter and a teaching artist/painter. Only one isn't in it for money.

I don't begrudge them for making a living, but in some cases it could influence what you are creating, i.e. a product that would sell.

So I am lucky, very lucky that I don't have to commercialize my art. Mojavemama wants me to have an exhibition. She thinks the world should see some of the hundreds of pieces of art that I have created. I guess I'm just too old for that kind of scene. This suffices and I do get some feedback, whether negative or positive, it's still feedback. I will admit the negative stuff is hard to understand.

My art teachers also said, 'Never prostitute yourself to the public'.

So, thanks for being so eloquent and articulate.....Pdude

....when you smoke your stash, and it's early in the AM, and you don't know what's going to happen, these things seem to pop up....

Abstract-no-number.jpg

.....and then you could play with a drawing in Photoshop....

Collage-#-2-copy.jpg

painterdude said:
.....MOM, I give up, I thought I nailed it....

You give up too easily pdude. ;) But since you did, I'll go ahead and show ya...:rofl:

Brazil nuts...unshelled. :p

There ya have it. Hahahahhaha.

Hey P’Dude!

Yes, I certainly DO think it’s time you had an exhibition. You have a large body of work and it would not seem to be an unobtainable or unduly stressful job to select 10 or 12 pictures to exhibit in your local area. If you aren’t comfortable starting in a gallery, why not consider a coffee shop, hair salon, or restaurant that exhibits artists work on their walls for the enjoyment of their clientele?

If I were in charge of choosing which dozen out of your large selection of art pieces, here are 11 pieces I think would be appropriate and interesting for an exhibition for the general public. I have deliberately avoided political, religious, scatological or just plain gross artwork, because my goal would be to draw people into the pictures, the colors, the line work, the textures--and not turn anyone off.

1. Gunter The Sculptor
2. Doyle-King
3. A-Dude
4. Another Babe
5. Fat, Fat Mike
6. Guess Who? (Looks like HOUSE!)
7. Me in May 06
8. Old Sailor
9. Sept 24, 2009 Portrait
10. Yo, Adrian
11. Jana-Perhaps

I chose these particular pieces for their ability to convey emotion and movement through line and color. Also, for the somewhat cohesiveness of these pieces--they seem to fit as a whole together, with similar elements. Also, because they are non-offensive and have broader appeal for a public exhibition.

I hope you will consider it, P’Dude. I think it would be a very worthwhile and satisfying project, and it would be absolutely delightful for you to get some local positive feedback for your talent.

Gunter-the-Sculptor-copy-2.jpg

Doyle-King.jpg

A-Dude.jpg

Another-Babe-copy.jpg

Fat,-fat-Mike.jpg

Guess-Who--1 copy.jpg

Me-in-May-2006 copy.jpg

Old-Sailor-copy-2.jpg

Sept-24th-2009-portrait.jpg

Yo-Adrian-copy.jpg

Jana-perhaps.jpg

mojavi, you have to quit doing this, it's embarrassing me...it sounds like a big hassle and you have to buy the wine for the 'opening'....

.....thanks for thinking of me....

Evan-the-grandchild.jpg

Hey P-Dude open your own web space Put your art up there If some one would like it start a auction for the peice some one wants.

painterdude said:
mojavi, you have to quit doing this, it's embarrassing me...it sounds like a big hassle and you have to buy the wine for the 'opening'....

.....thanks for thinking of me....

....now you're just being selfish Dude...;)
The world is being deprived ...:D
Just buy a couple o' them big o' boxes of wine.... you know.. the $5.98 p/gallon stuff!.. :p

there's that site etsy (?) for auctions.... just a thought ...... something to do.

You know, loads of people can paint but not many can do faces well. my hats off to you painterdude.

Let me know where the showing is.....
I would seriously consider comming up and holding a plastic glass of that cheap wine as I viewed your Artwork. I am not saying I would drink it, just hold it.

hick....you are such a comedian....the wifey drank cheap wine before the heart stuff made her quit....I always thought it was way too sweet, but I like any kind of Red Wine

tc....I always hated those plastic wine glasses, spilled too many of them in my drinking days

OZZY.....thanks for thinking about me and I'm glad the doggie is expected to recover without any complications

OHC....thanks for the good thoughts

.....OK, got stoned perhaps, and then wanted to do something really different....

....and hick...I really want to thank you for your interest in the 'Club'....it's blooming cool

The-Jazz-musician-copy.jpg

More "Hard Art"

Since my other post went without comment... I guess people here don't see this as a sculptural and textural medium rather than just its functional aspect...

Dsc00044.jpg

I made everything you see above by hand. The knife is 1084 high carbon steel, hand forged, hand ground, hand heat treated, hand finished. The bolster & pin are simple brass. The handle is Purpleheart, a super dense Amazonian hardwood with a white bone spacer. The Torc is handforged & twisted bronze. The celtic knot was a simple practice piece, made from .060 Brass sheet, pierced with a small drill and hand sawed with a jeweler's saw, then detailed with a hand graver.

fe180f6c.jpg

The Pattern Damascus steel was made from reclaimed industrial bandsaw blade & pure nickle foil. The Handle is hand selected, 22 year aged Spanish briar burl. Its sharp as a razor and I use it to top/fim, trim and take cuttings.

Latest posts

Back