Perlite

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT

Whats up everyone. Well we need some damn Perlite and all the freaking stores are sold out or have taken it off the shelves. I could have gotten some MG Perlite but it has food in it and we don't want that. We normally use Schultz but like i said can't find any. I found some of this on the net. Anyone ever use Krums Perlite before?

krumbag1.gif

Yeah, this time of year the supply of gardening equipment slooows down. My local hydrofarm supplier has 50 lb bags though. Just bought a bag 3 days ago. I use perlite for many things. Plants don't use nearly as much as my fruiting chambers do. And of course I try to recycle the perlite as much as possible.

Walmart carries miracle grow peralite which I have used and have had no problems with it at all. I believe you can get the same thing at Lowes and Home Depot.

I seen it at Lowe's but didn't buy it. We already use the MG soil with nutes and don't wanna risk adding anything extra. ;)
godspeedsuckah said:
Walmart carries miracle grow peralite which I have used and have had no problems with it at all. I believe you can get the same thing at Lowes and Home Depot.

If I remember right they have a slight amount of nitrogen in the peralite, I believe it is .01. I did use it with MG time release soil and FoxFarm nutes with no problems at all. Good luck with your search. I am having a hard time finding mycorrzial (spelling) fungi. I decided to just let the colony in my earthworm castings take over and feed them with molasses.

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Flush it out real good with RO water or Distilled and then let it soak for a day or two and flush it out again, check the run off and be back in business. Just a suggestion. I picked it up with mixed feelings because I really needed it, didn't flush it out and didn't have any problems. Do you guys have a KG Garden Supply near you?

Nope. We have a tractor supply store i'm gonna check out. If they don't have it gonna have to go with the MG. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up everyone. Well we need some damn Perlite and all the freaking stores are sold out or have taken it off the shelves. I could have gotten some MG Perlite but it has food in it and we don't want that. We normally use Schultz but like i said can't find any. I found some of this on the net. Anyone ever use Krums Perlite before?

:confused2:

Never used that brand................

But

This is what I sourced recently for myself.................

PH =>> Neutral
EC < 0,2

:D

DSC03841.JPG

DSC03842.JPG

thats why i stock up on this stuff...all seasonal items should be baught befor hand..I purchase enough for the whole year..and the perlite i buy in a huge bag from Homedepot..also for you my friends be sure to have your replacement bulbs..dont want to go out and then have to buy..Just my thaughts..and I would soak that MG perlite for a day then drain and soak again..good luck brother Grunt

Hey TBG how did your quest for perlite go? Whenever I go to Tractor Supply I end up in the chainsaw and wood splitter section until my wife pulls me out by the ear :angrywife: :confused2:

TBG.. you might try looking for perlite insulation at a lumber yard or buildiing supply. It's used to pour into cinder block walls. It's usually pretty small and dusty, but I have screened it and used it in a "must have" situation.

I seen some of that Hick but wasn't sure if you could use it. Have you ever heard of that Krum Perlite before?
Hick said:
TBG.. you might try looking for perlite insulation at a lumber yard or buildiing supply. It's used to pour into cinder block walls. It's usually pretty small and dusty, but I have screened it and used it in a "must have" situation.

I use krum perlite...theyve got the huge bags at the ace hardware in my town...

Thanks Buduncle...Brother Grunt..I would use it. Looks to be good 2me

Latest posts

Back