pest problem please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybudda

Reaction score
i just found out i have some type of fungis mite on my plants. my buddy said i can fog the room and the problem would be solved..is this true?they came from my friends house.where he had no ventilation. my humidity is really low at 30% will this kill the fungis?

Fog the room? with what, just h20? What type of fungus mite what does it look like have you correctly identified the pest. What do your plants look like? lowering your humidity probably wont kill the fungus. Are you soil? Where'd you get the soil, A quick thing you can do is mix a very small amount of dishsoap with 2 litres of water and water the plants , if your plants are in flowering you can mist the plants with the same water, make sure you check the dishsoap your using don't use harmful stuff.

with a pesticide not water he told me that it was fungis mites and just to fog the room and that the plants would be ok.is this true?

Well first off he may not be right it may not be fungus mites so lets try to solve the problem before we find an answer, and pesticide could be a bad thing to use because you are going to smoke the thing after all, how old are your plants.

EDIT: What type of pesticide?

not sure what type of pesticide yet need buy one and they are only 1 week old clones.

Well if you do try to find the best/safest kind of pesticide you can, but if the bugs are in the soil you may need to transplant out the clones, if they are living in the grow room thats a more serious problem all together.

you never did say if u were growing in soil or hydro
does it kinda look like a spiderweb?

My guess would be spider mites and theres a spray you can get but i think its from over watering but then again i am kinda new too ha but ill look it up really quick bud

.."fungis mites"..??? NO such critter..
You really need to have a good idea of "WHAT" you are combating.
hXXp://www.living-learning.com/faq/killbugs.htm
hXXp://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/index.html
hXXp://www.ladybugindoorgardens.com/pests.html

take a good look at the mites, a magnifying glass will probably help as they are usually quite small, if they have 2 dots on their backs its spider mite, if not try and get a good description of what they look like.

If it is spider mites they will build webs, so it sounds like you have spider mites, but you should confirm first.

Spider mites love warm dry conditions, they will breed.... well like mites, rasing the humidity will slow their reproduction rate, put a bowl or two of water into your room to help with this, and a good misting with water will aslo help, but don't put wet plants under a hot light, unless you like your clones well roasted!

There are a few proctucts which can help you, so a forum search for spider mite and you should get alot of threads with information.

Once this grow in complete, you will need to clean your grow room with a mild detergent / bleach solution and then rinse with water, and I mean the whole room, and all your kit, they can be a bastard to get rid of, and you have to keep on top of the problem, I had them, and it can be a nasty fight to get rid of them. I got them in flower and there is little I could do as I don't like to spray when my plants are in flower. As you have clones which are hopefully still small it might be easier to keep them clean.

You can get predator bugs (which I used) to help you, but I found these ended up just 'farming' the mites, and never completey got rid of them. A friend uses ladybirds (if ur in the UK) / Ladybugs (if ur in the US) catches them from the garden or in the house if one manages to get inside and then puts it in his grow room, seems to be helping with his problem.

If you have got mites I don't envy you one bit, I found them a nightmare, I wish you all the luck in getting rid of them, they can be tough little buggers!

Latest posts

Back