PH down alternative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
Hey y’all @NORMANREH is looking for an alternative to PH down and wants to know if lime juice would work. I’ve always heard that lemon juice or vinegar would but have never tried it. Could someone chime in on this?

But don't use vinegar. It has very temporary effects. I tried it in a DWC with initially good results, but PH started going back up slowly at first over a couple of days. The more vinegar I added, though, the faster the PH reversed. By the end I was adjusting it in the morning and again when I got home from work.

Screenshot_20230618-101749.png

But don't use vinegar. It has very temporary effects. I tried it in a DWC with initially good results, but PH started going back up slowly at first over a couple of days. The more vinegar I added, though, the faster the PH reversed. By the end I was adjusting it in the morning and again when I got home from work.
I've used Coke in a pinch, but it doesn't bring it down for long, either. The milkstone remover is what farmers use to clean out dairy equipment. It's also the same thing, even color, as General Hydroponics at half the price. I'll bet the company buys it in bulk, waters it down a little, and slaps their lable on it. It's all I've ever used in any of my hydro grows. PH up? Good ole Arm & Hammer baking soda.

I've used Coke in a pinch, but it doesn't bring it down for long, either. The milkstone remover is what farmers use to clean out dairy equipment. It's also the same thing, even color, as General Hydroponics at half the price. I'll bet the company buys it in bulk, waters it down a little, and slaps their lable on it. It's all I've ever used in any of my hydro grows. PH up? Good ole Arm & Hammer baking soda.
My understanding is PH Down is a buffered solution which is why it lasts. Probably milkstone remover is as well, but I don't know for sure. either way

Latest posts

Back