Ph Off Under T5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain1

Reaction score
Ok so I have done a couple of test and my Hanna pen Ph tester lowers the PH when my T5 is on. So I shut it off and tested each bucket agian and noticed all the buckets were .13 off. So I calibrated it again and noticed that by me touching the tester it changed. So I calibrated it while holding it the way I would in the bucket. Has any one ever seen this or had it happen to them only thing I can think of is some sort of frequency from the T5 and maybe static from me.... I tried my other one and it does the same thing. Wonder if thats why my last grow went south?

I don't quite understand what you are saying, but being off .13 is not very much at all.

I never test either pH or ppms in the bucket. I always withdraw a small cup of water and test that. Do you have air going in your buckets when you are testing the pH? I can't imagine how the T5 could affect the reading.

I pinch the line and take my readings. I guess im saying that my T5 is changing the true PH. To me .13 is alot if you are on the edge of a spectrum. So say that my perameters are from 5.5 - 6.0 but im at 5.99. Could be over 6.Not huge but seemed odd that I was getting interference.

Yeah, it could do that ....maybe?

I also do like HG, withdraw some water and test it away from any electrical/magnetic whatever that could affect your meter.

DD

Have you ever tryed to shut off your light till the test is done,,Sometimes its inductance from the light,,beleive me it happens..electronics can do strange things I know..
oneshot

Yeah I shut the lights off when I check.

Latest posts

Back