PH Up for water around the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombbudpuffa

Sweet Cheeba Chiefa
Reaction score
Whats something I canuse to raise my waters ph that could be found around the house? I ran out of ph up:doh:and need some now.

Most household items are not good to use for ph up, just because of the other chemicals in them that can harm your plant. The 2 i know that won't damage your plant and raise ph effectively is hydrated lime (or some type of limestone) or wood ashes from the fire.

I too have heard of useing wood ashes.

Im not sure about the sub-contents of vinegar or baking soda, jg and Richy may be correct, all im going on is personal experiance from my own grows (which have all produced satisfying harvests).I only discovered using vinegar and baking soda myself from reading online grow guides.Can any more experianced folks shed a bit more light on this!!!!!

Well, I only use lemon juice for ph down. I knew there was something I could use for ph up but couldn't remember. Maybe someone else can explain why these work. I know vinegar and lemon juice lowers ph because they're acidic.

You can by pH water 10.0 @ Healthfood store or add 1 teaspoon per/gal
baking soda. It raises ph to around 8.5, baking soda should not harm your plants when used in small amounts!!
Baking soda is a very mild caustic that will raise pH and Alkalinity.

s21thomas said:
You can by pH water 10.0 @ Healthfood store or add 1 teaspoon per/gal
baking soda. It raises ph to around 8.5

i'm sorry i dont know alot about pH... but if you had a pH of 10 and wanted it to be around 6.5 wouldn't you use pH down to lower the pH? at least thats what i always do... and when i pH my water its around 7.8-8.5 and i use pH down and it lowers to about 5.8 (water) just wondering why you said it raises it to 8.5 from 10 cause it looks like its going down not raising... just me though

if you had a pH of 10 and wanted it to be around 6.5 wouldn't you use pH down to lower the pH?
You are correct. I didn't use the baking soda thing. Baking soda seems so acidic and not alkaline. Maybe i'm wrong but I didn't use it just in case.

I have been using apple cider vinegar and hydrated lime to control my ph. I don't know of anything from around the house that can make for a more alkaline solution though.

Latest posts

Back