Pitchin' da tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How to anticiapte when to leach (since using bag seed)?

• Skip it and smoke salt

• Guess and hope for the best

• Start after color changes and leach for shorter period of time

• "I'll tell you what to do Tent Farmer"

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is 7 of them cut and manicured. Some of the plants were over achievers and sported quite a few supplemental buds despite early trimming. Those buds were trimmed off and hanging separate. No clue on weight at the moment.

2 plants are still growing. They're still a few weeks behind so I'm swapping them back to nuits. They really blew up the past few weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing 2 plants sharing 600 watts. They should perk up a bit.

P1010656.JPG

excellent job man. thats a good haul. i'd guess they'll be about 1/7 of the wet weight when dry. let them dry to the point the stem will make a "crack" sound when bent. completely environment driven not time. so i cant tell ya when that will be. temps, humidity, etc. keep them out of sunlight as much as possible tho when drying.

then after this time 4-8 days in dry heat :confused: put them into big mason jars or in some form of seal'd somethin. open the container a few times a day to let breathe for 5-15 min. then after a couple weeks or so just open once a day. after a month or so you can just leave seald. if cure'd properly, it will keep a very long time and have a great aroma, flavor, and be a real smoooooooooth smoke.

hmmmm..now i'm feenden for some of that sweet smooooooth myself.

L8r

Wow, nice thread. But have you considered shredded rockwool instead of hydroton...?

Timmyjg6 said:
Wow, nice thread. But have you considered shredded rockwool instead of hydroton...?

I have but I like the air my roots get due to the hydroton. I've been told that rockwool, while delivering plenty of moisture, can deny the roots the air it needs. Since this is my first grow I can't really say one way or the other but... this was pretty simple.

Next grow I want to cycle in some suplimental nuits. Do a better job of triming earlier on. And stake them up asap.

I've had them "brown bagged" for a few days now, they're about ready for jars. I'll post their weight at that point.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Well, 7 of my 9 plants have been harvested, hung, brown bagged, and now jarred. I don't have a digital scale, just a spring style that I use for measuring my beer ingredients with.

My 7 plants yielded just under a half pound.

The 2 plants that are still going should easily yield 2-3 oz between the two of them as they're freaking huge!!!

I should have them chopped in the next week or so. I want to let these go a little more mature then the rest did. Everything I have now has an awesome head buzz but sometimes you just want to be glued to your chair.

Well I'm off to go enjoy some partially cured beautiful buds.

I'll check in when the other two plants check out.

Peace

Latest posts

Back