Pitchin' da tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How to anticiapte when to leach (since using bag seed)?

• Skip it and smoke salt

• Guess and hope for the best

• Start after color changes and leach for shorter period of time

• "I'll tell you what to do Tent Farmer"

Results are only viewable after voting.
So the ladies are growing like.... weeds. I'm more than a little concerned about ventalation and light. I'm considering chopping 3 of my plants so I can work in a 3x3 pattern vs the 3x4 pattern they're in now. I have 4 plants that are further behind the others but one of them I'm partial to due to it's # of forming buds.

So what do you guys think? Do I chop 3 plants so the others get more light/air? Or am I just worried over nothing and keep the course? Your suggestions are desperately desired.

Also, what is my ideal humidity level. I was in the 40's but now I'm pushing 52-55 and not sure when I'm in danger of "bud rot".

Peace

Instead of discarding a 1/3 of your plants........I would discard the lower 1/3 of ALL of your plants.

ya dig?

keep the cola's...ditch the lower lighter less dense buds. also, better circulation means less chance of infestation. otherwise...you looking fine man. stop frett'n.

:bong1:

Well, kinda wish I would have talked to you an hour ago.... and I only sent 1/4 of them to a better place. I had 4 plants stretching on me pretty fierce. I'll probably look into a hood thats a little less focused.

They're looking pretty darn happy right now. I'll post some pics next res change.

Thanks for the advise (and damn my impatience).

So I found some little brown spots on the bottom leaves of a few of the plants.

Cleaned out res, scrubbed everything up, rinsed the roots, and put in new water and nuits. I guess the girls were a little thirsty. Apparently drank 10 gallons in 6 days. I'll have to pay better attention.

Seems to be no love loss in the tent for cutting down their sisters.

Plants are looking better than ever.

P1010570.JPG

P1010573.JPG

P1010574.JPG

P1010577.JPG

Tent guy your doin g great, your attention to detail, clean grow tent, and organization are awesome strong points good job on that. You shouldn't worry the brown spots as thats very common on lower leafs which brings me to my next point, TRIM YOUR PLANTS BRO! your over all yeild will not be effected as the plant will still produce the same amount of buds, however the buds grow on the lower half of the plant will be fluffy un compact, and pretty much worthless. As for your nute burn you had going on earlier, make sure the water you are using in your res is R/o as 1420 is a very low number to encounter sucha problem. MY best guess is that the stress was caused by whatever chemicals your local water supply is treated with and starting out with water at 0ppms will allow you to add more nutes which will make your plants happier. Good luck hope this advice helps.

Thanks honey, thank Hefe.

I'm going to take your advice.... although the thought of if scares the hell out of me. Is it a matter of how much light they receive or just the bottom half of the plant? I just want to make sure I'm not trimming too much/little off.

Thanks again

Yeah its the light factor, without crazy amounts of side lightling the lower buds just can't dense up enough to make it worth the while of growing them out completly plus with the extra space between your grow medium and where the foliage starts allows for better air circulation helping to elimanate pest and other nasty issue that can arise with out air movement, I know it kills to do it the first time or so but in the end you'll be a happier higher grower peace!

Well I did some trimming and some plucking and damn they're sticky. They're trimmed up to about the 1/2 way point on the plant. I probably should have done this a week ago or so...

I'll let the go for a few more days before I post more pics.

Thanks for the advice (although I feel like I just cut my sisters leg off).

the lower 1/3 is good rule of thumb. never trim more than a third at any given time.

whether it be all from the bottom or from all over. do not overstress your plants.

it also helps the plant direct all its energy where it needs it most, the cola's.

So here's a cool little update....

I was checking the ph a few minutes ago when the little bottle blew up all over me. Apparently the bottle was a little clogged and squeezing a little harder wasn't the right choice. Thankfully Litmus liquid isn't deadly, not to mention I now know at least 50% of my face has a ph around 5.5. Pretty cool stuff....

Couple weeks ago durring a res change I pulled out my electric water heater. I didn't unplug it and although it was above the noted temp it shorted out. It made a noise, I picked it up and got a low voltage shock. Dropped it back in my tray when I saw it starting to steam/smoke. Grabbed it by the chord and laid it on the ground. Unplugged it and suddenly the metal heat element shot off the plastic piece it was fastened into the ground and back up into the arch of my foot.

So when they say be safe out there, its not just from other people.

Watch yourselves too

Be safe

i start just water with prediction. i dont want hear craklin when i smoke, so i start early

hi tent havnt you ever had problems with roots breaking of of the pots bottoms causing any problems etc.

ps they are looking great man well done.

pkj

another thing to consider when deciding between pots and rockwoo cubes is water retention. hydroton does not hold much moisture so you need to flood regularly. rockwool on the other hand will hold enough to elimate 2/3 the flooding needed. Also if you have pump failer you likely to buy a days worth of time or more. not likely with hydroton. having said that, i loved growing in hydroton in my DWC and have only recently started using rockwool in my flood tray. i'm still figuring it out. i think the coco mat is the solution for the roots so far.

i think its also important to have airstones in the res along with a smaller pumb submerged just tipped over circulating nutes.

:48:

parkingjoe said:
hi tent havnt you ever had problems with roots breaking of of the pots bottoms causing any problems etc.

When I transplanted the clones from the dome to the pots, they grew through the bottom of the pots within a week. Grabbed the scissors and trimed them up. I've never had them even peek out since.

allgrownup said:
another thing to consider when deciding between pots and rockwoo cubes is water retention. hydroton does not hold much moisture so you need to flood regularly. rockwool on the other hand will hold enough to elimate 2/3 the flooding needed. Also if you have pump failer you likely to buy a days worth of time or more. not likely with hydroton. having said that, i loved growing in hydroton in my DWC and have only recently started using rockwool in my flood tray. i'm still figuring it out. i think the coco mat is the solution for the roots so far.

i think its also important to have airstones in the res along with a smaller pumb submerged just tipped over circulating nutes.

:48:

I like the fact that the rocks don't decompose, they float if they get out of the container, and I enjoy watching my plants drink every four hours while I sit and provide my own recipie for co2 enrichment. The store that I bought my supplies at has a similar setup in it. The guy was trying out different medias that require 1 3 or 5 floods daily. I wasn't horribly impressed by his plants. He even had plants that were over watered. I figure that if I flood once daily that they only get the water and nutrients provided to it in that flood. However if I'm feeding every 4 hours and they're not over watered nor nutrient burned, then they have access to as much as they want.

I have a little water pump attached in the bottom of my res mixing up the nuits. I also have an airstone that helps keep it churning. I used to have a heater in there but as I posted before, I traded it in for a bruised foot. Figuring my temps shouldn't drop too low in July. I was told that as long as I saw ripples in my res, then I shouldn't have issues with algea or anything else. So far this has held true.

Well arn't I being long winded.

Peace

Forgot what my whole reason was for logging on. Wanted to show the girls off again.

Ohh yeah... I trimmed up the bottom buds as suggested and afterwards realized I had a lot of trimmed buds going to waste. So instead of drying them out I opted to pull out all the little white hairs and throw them into a bowl..... Previously I was trying to keep my hopes realistic about the quality of bag seed, but now, now I think I know the truth. Good times are coming...

enjoy

P1010586.JPG

P1010587.JPG

P1010588.JPG

P1010589.JPG

P1010593.JPG

ya shouldnt trim off roots but looking at ya plants they aint having any probs budding up so ya doing summat right man.

looking great btw

keep up the good work tent

lol

pkj

Roots were trimmed once about a month ago. Was curious about them after posting earlier so lifted one up to see about a thousand little roots peaking out the hole but no more than a 1/4 inch.

Well today my ladies are officially 4 weeks into 12/12. Last night I changed the water/nuits in the res and changed over to the "bloom for soil" fert. They're getting nice and plump.

First photo is before the lights came on today.

I guess I need to pick up some sort of magnifying device. Would a good magnifying glass do or do I need to go full blown microscope?

I also dropped the dime for an ozone generator. My place just plain stinks (so wonderfully) these days. Hopefully this can make a difference.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Enjoy

P1010594.JPG

P1010597.JPG

P1010599.JPG

P1010600.JPG

P1010601.JPG

P1010602.JPG

P1010603.JPG

P1010605.JPG

Latest posts

Back