Plant maturation & flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, basicly just feed with plain h20 at the end of the cycle. the excess nutes will leach out and the plants will used stored energies to finish. this means less nutrients in the finished product... leading to a quicker, better cure with a better smelling and smoother smoking product, IME.

It isnt rocket science its a matter of opinion ultimately. what ever scientific studies anyone may come up with, has nothing to do with cure time and taste.

I only believed you flushed if over nuted or using chemical nutes. Organic nutes would be fine. I've never flushed mine(organic) and mine were as smooth as can be, still made you choke your *** off(organic) but smooth as can be. Then again I've smoked buds from people known to use miracle grow and not know what flushing was. His weed would make me cough a nasty sounding cough and it burned my chest in a horribly bad way, not the usual burn you know but like I had poison in my lungs or something! That's when I first believed in flushing. No bud could make your lungs hurt that way so naturally I figured out all the opinions about it were true as well. This chemical needed to be flushed out.
p.s. TOA, do you use chemical nutes

i use organics ALWAYS.....

when some ppl say flush they mean dumping mad water on them... all i mean is flush them slow feeding just water the last week er two.

alright. check this out. my friend just finished his first hydroponic grow. used a bunch of CFLs and chemical nutes to flower it and yeah...its not great stuff. We smoked some nugs off of it 1 week before we cut the whole thing down and they were horrible. tasted like straight up chemicals because we didnt flush it. then....what do u know.. we changed the water...and in only 1 week..the bud was no longer harsh, funky smelling, nor did it have a chemical taste to it when we sparked the nugs. interesting.... ^^

I could see why some growers who use chemical ferts may want to flush their plants, but organic growers have absolutely no reason whatsoever to flush.

wheather your plant gets its nutrients from chemical salts or organic means, the actual element has the same profile. What i mean is that a nute is a nute. I never feed my plants nutes in the last 2 weeks regardless if i feed them chemical or organic nutes.

I judge by watching the trichs. Plus most strains I grow i have research very well, so i know what to expect before i grow the strain.

OK, so do you wait till the trics are where you want them thin start the flush? Say i want 50/50 cloudy/amber... When do i flush?

You will have to do a bit of estimating with the trichs if you don't have any idea of the strains flowering times. I like to observe the rate at which the trichs are turning from clear to cloudy to amber.

It is kind of hard to explain like this but basically most of my trichs are still clear to cloudy when I start my flush. I also judge it based on the overall girth of the buds. I guess with time and exerience working with firmilar strains it just kind of comes natural now.

So from your experience, about how long dose it take for the trics to turn from cloudy to half amber? I know its just a guess...

that is totally strain dependant. What are your growing, like what strain

I have a few bag seed, but i am also growing Dutch Passions Strawberry Cough.

Also, say i go to the dutch passion web site and they have a avrg flower period, What color trics is that period for? get me?

Timmyjg6 said:
Also, say i go to the dutch passion web site and they have a avrg flower period, What color trics is that period for? get me?

I think seed company's give out early flowering times to make strains sound better, give them one more week than they say.

P.S. I hate this thread, I just dont agree.

Growdude said:
I think seed company's give out early flowering times to make strains sound better, give them one more week than they say.

P.S. I hate this thread, I just dont agree.

first off , lol

this a lil late reply but yea i agree with 1wk extra , im in this stage now for my 3-4 grow so far & ive added a week on to it purely cuz its not right what they say for this strain:D

Okay guys and gals, I am totally confused now. :confused2:
I've been growing off and on for longer than I even want to admit. Let's just say "Woodstock"... :guitar: anyone remember that...? we were smoking leaves, stems and seeds then. Then we got Keefe (not sure how to spell that)... We had never heard of 'buds.' But that is beside the point.
But my major experience is outdoor... Now that I'm indoors, it's a bit of a learning process...

I just had a batch denied... yes, denied... my beautiful Bubble Gum buds... because the woman at the cooperative said, "next time flush for two weeks before harvest..." :hitchair:
and she went on to tell me that the 'testers' :joint: "passed" on my buds because they tasted a slight bit of chemicals.
Believe me, that hurt!!! :hairpull: Now, I don't get it. All my friends and I LOVE :heart: my Bubble girls. The taste is excellent. Not one complaint. They want more... So what is up with that??? But I didn't flush. :giggle: Someone told me I should just take another couple buds back and try it again because they might be just doing a power trip on new members... anyone else had experience with m.j. cooperatives??? I'm interested in what to do to impress the 'testers.' Ha.
Oh yeah, my Question Is... :doh: What do I do now... she said flush with water. :spit: Is that the best??? Or some flushing solution???

At the risk of getting the debate going again, can I get some replies as to what people are using to 'FLUSH.' Or is this thread down the toilet by now? :rofl:

Ettesun, I dont know what a cooperative is but the buds that were "denied" are they still growing or was it cured bud?

If you want to exp. for yourself then flush with water and let us know, im with you on "all my friends think it tastes great" but maybe it can be better.

:eek:
Growdude said:
Ettesun, I dont know what a cooperative is but the buds that were "denied" are they still growing or was it cured bud?

If you want to exp. for yourself then flush with water and let us know, im with you on "all my friends think it tastes great" but maybe it can be better.
:fid:It was a local cooperative that buys legal m.j. here in california.
we have them in some of the cities here. people can buy medicinal m.j.
it's like a little store with buds displayed behind glass. It is like a little jewelry store for smokers. :rofl:
:farm: farmers take in samples, then three of their testers try it and decide if they want to purchase it. i only had a small amount. I have a new batch coming up now and i flushed some with water last night. i hope i did the right thing... :holysheep:

Latest posts

Back