Plants outside to early? And can i save them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnthe8th

Reaction score
Hi people
Im a new to growing outdoors, im in South spain and have experience growing indoors, but wont lie this time around esp with lockdown i wanted to take down the indoor grow room and make space for a family member, i have been growing my plants on 24 hours of light for a couple of months with fem seeds and they have done very well, i made the mistake of putting them out side around 10 days ago (18 April) 2 out of 4 are showing signs of flowing but only small growth with white hairs, there are no buds as such, i have now brought them Back inside in the hope they will continue to veg instead of flower, does anyone know if my plants will be ok to continue trying to veg or is it the case that once they have revealed their sex the plant will not be the same quality as if it wouldn't have hit the flower cycle, i have read online alsorts of sad stories that they could turn fem seeds male, produce seed or be hermaphrodite, i dont have the space to continue indoors for to much longer, can anyone tell me if my plants will last it out through the summer? Will 18/6 be ok again indoors and them put them outside again in june to continue growing for the year? Any help is much appreciated these plants are my pride and joy i don't want to say goodbye early.. Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if your plants will last it out through the summer?

If you have to put them out, you are going to have to put them out. If there is not enough hours of sunlight, they will start to flower again. Then as the days get longer, they will revert to vegging again and then start flowering again as the days get shorter. This will most likely affect yield, but they will survive and I wouldn't worry about them hermying.

When i say last through rhe summer i meant would they continue to flower or reveg, you've answered my question there, i think ill keep them in until june time, they was on 24 hours of light before i made the mistake of putting them outside where the hours are about 13.5/14, im hoping if i put them on 18 hours of light again they will keep vegging until june when it should be safe to put them out, and as i said its not like they have started physically flowing just showing small white hairs, i actually topped every branch that i was worried about on the worst one and she looks healthy, thanks for your reply i think my overall concern is not producing a good crop because of my mistake ill prob get back up seeds to be safe but feel these will be okay now, thanks for your response :)

You may get some kind of funky looking growth for a while. When a plant goes into flowering and then back into veg it can produce some single bladed unserrated leaves, so don't get freaked out if you get some weird looking leaves. Also, it didn't do any good to cut off any branch showing hairs. Flowering is triggered by the hormones in the plant changing and cutting off branches that are showing preflowers doesn't do anything positive.

None of this is going to cause your plant to not survive. Even if you left it outdoors, all that would happen is that it starts flowering, reverts back to veg, and then when the days get short enough again, back to flowering.

Hi people
Im a new to growing outdoors, im in South spain and have experience growing indoors, but wont lie this time around esp with lockdown i wanted to take down the indoor grow room and make space for a family member, i have been growing my plants on 24 hours of light for a couple of months with fem seeds and they have done very well, i made the mistake of putting them out side around 10 days ago (18 April) 2 out of 4 are showing signs of flowing but only small growth with white hairs, there are no buds as such, i have now brought them Back inside in the hope they will continue to veg instead of flower, does anyone know if my plants will be ok to continue trying to veg or is it the case that once they have revealed their sex the plant will not be the same quality as if it wouldn't have hit the flower cycle, i have read online alsorts of sad stories that they could turn fem seeds male, produce seed or be hermaphrodite, i dont have the space to continue indoors for to much longer, can anyone tell me if my plants will last it out through the summer? Will 18/6 be ok again indoors and them put them outside again in june to continue growing for the year? Any help is much appreciated these plants are my pride and joy i don't want to say goodbye early.. Thanks

i've made this mistake a couple of times. both times the plants that went into flower never got any taller than about 18 inches. while others around them that did not begin flower grew 8 feet tall. i would trash them and restart the flowering plants. there's a ton of veg time coming. grass hopper

Latest posts

Back