Point of a cup over a seedling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like an attempt to create a little humidity dome. I don't think I would recommend this as it may keep humidity in but it also keeps vital carbon dioxide out. If you look at other tents, they usually have holes to allow for venting.

its a humidity dome, helps keep the soil wet so little watering is needed. no danger of overwatering while the seedlings fragile root system is getting started.

plus the moisture on the inside of the glass helps diffuse the light a little bit

THCPezDispenser said:
Looks like an attempt to create a little humidity dome. I don't think I would recommend this as it may keep humidity in but it also keeps vital carbon dioxide out. If you look at other tents, they usually have holes to allow for venting.

Good thought. I started to think that might be it after reading around more. Can't be sure cause no other forums seem to have an anwser to my quandry.

yea disco... like I has one dome on my aerobubbleponic it has holes too..
plus I use 1/2 plastic aqua tube to pluck one of the holes to sit on the tray of DWC... now it is stable and holding.. also has holes all around the dome.. keeps bugs off

btw are you really brittany spear?

papabeach1 said:
btw are you really brittany spear?

She is smoking something different than bud these days... And bud is all I touch.:ccc:

A seedling shouldn't be under a humidity dome. A seedling needs fresh air. You should take the humidity dome off once the seed breaks soil:).

It's to create a small "greenhouse" effect. - Keeps heat and moisture in.

I really don't like the cups they're using in that picture, tho. - The glass bottoms are really thick, to begin with, and there's no ventilation, so the sides are steamy...Seems it'd be harder for the light to penetrate.

But, I once had friends that used to make them with the clear, plastic, 2-liter soda bottles (w/o the caps on). - I've seen someone else simply put a plastic sandwich baggie over seedlings, for the same reason....Sure hasn't hurt their "crops".;)

Latest posts

Back