Post clone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
I just recently cloned soon. When I transplant the clones to soil and t5 they are acting like they wanna die. Any advice on post cloning

Was this after they grew roots?

I use a humidity dome. Once roots emerge I take the dome off 3-4 times a day to get them use to that. Then I transplant to grow media.

If they are wanting to die after transplant, either they have gone into shock or the soil is to hot for the roots.

what you meen "post cloning"? I only heard this in Comperter server type stuff...we need to know how you are cloning in order to help..like duck said..if ya take from a Humidity dome then IME they need to be acclimated to the air outside the dome

take care and be safe

Yep you gotta harden them... from the first few days after cloning you will need to start cracking the lid more and more to let air in. Then they wont fall over and burn. This is standard with any transfer from a greenhouse with high humidity. The plants transpiration rates need to bump up with the lower humidity. We all made the mistake :D just start hardening them and itll all work out. :)

Not much of a soil man myself... but I clone with a hydro cloner and have moved some to soil from time to time.... After roots start emerging i take the dome off then and then I dont try to transplant till they look like there are wayyyy too many roots LOL.... Never really had a problem with the transition...

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input everyone. U live and learn every time. That's the beauty of this. Thanks everyone.

thanks for all your suggestions and answeres.. karla

Latest posts

Back