Pot options...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure Rose, the teddy belongs to your dog. Ha, ha, ha.

Oh alright I thought you meant like a peat pots... I don't like them.. They were hard to get the selling out without harming... You mind telling me what a keg cup is? Like solo?

That bear really does belong to Rosebud's dog (her teddy bear is another color). I wouldn't start seeds in either FF soil--I believe that it could be too hot and kill the seeds or seedlings. I use either rapid rooters or seed starting mix for seeds.

Peat pots are meant to be buried like they are without removing the plant. However, I have found that the roots sometimes have a hard time growing through the stuff around the pot.

Yeah that was the problem I was having, they just didn't look to good so I cut them out of them and put them in pots... But alright I think I'm going to get some seed starter... And start in cup then go straight to 5 gal mix with FFOF, perlite...and maybe some coco coir idk OR should I use cup, put into 1 gal and transplant into 5 when ready?

Ok Jonny, this is what i would do. Take a big solo cup, cut the bottom out of it. Stick it in a big pot filled with FFOF, i would forget the coco, but that is just me. Get the medium in the cup wet, plant the seed. When the seedling grows out of the cup you can just cut the sides of the solo cup down the sides with scissors and remove it without disturbing the seedling. Did that make sense? You will have to cut into the dirt so don't use your best scissors. I have done that. It works. You may have to add some more soil to the pot when you take the cup out but that is ok.

Yeah it makes sense and it sounds like its a easy way of doing it really...just saying have you ever thought about like filling up the big pot with the FFOF and then making a hole and puting a bottomless cup with the side already cut, and then fill that with the seed starter so then you can just slip off the cup when need be! Just my opinion...but hey thanks so much for all the info...have fun with your teddybear

I really get little to no transplant shock. I think if you are careful that you don't damage anything enough to cause it to have to cause shock and have to have it "heal". In fact, I recently took some plants from a DWC system and slapped them in soil and they are looking just fine. Amazingly, they did not even wilt in the slightest.

That's pretty cool THG but the idea I just gave sounds really safe does it not?

Latest posts

Back