Predator mites...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2Dog said:
I think those are aphids they eat cajun...

I have been researching this a little. They eat fungi mites and aphids depending on the color of the lady bug. They said if you have soil they will breed and have more babies. I read at roll it up though one guy said the mites layed eggs and hatched before the lady bugs could eat all of them. Also to cover the light because when dark they go to the bulbs to keep warm and when the lights come back on they will fry them.

They will be back.

Use Flromite in a 9 day regiment spraying every third day to eliminate them 100% and the hatchlings.

They ALWAYS come back. Unless you sterilize your room, house and yard. Take off your shoes and put on paint suits with a full face and head cover. Plus, you woule need to filter all your incoming air through a HEPA just to get started to keep them out once they are gone.

....not to mention you need to eradicate your entire plant stock and start out all over again.

Two things you can do to slow their progress:
Remove shoes or wear booties'
Wash your hands with purell before entering your room.

Your house and grow room need to be at least as clean as your dentists office to be pest and mold free.

Untill then, you get to run around and put out fires like the rest of us.

ok , ive stumbled upon a different method of killing spider mites , 4 days after i released predater mites it seems to be getting worse , i appreciate the feedback .

what would it do to plants 2 weeks from harvest to release a full 20 oz container of co2 ? my source is saying it will kill all bugs but it doesnt say what happens to the buds by exposeing that much carbon dioxide to them ----- i know not to go in there until its completely aired out because that much co2 can kill .

getting worse hmm I know noting about using that much co2..sounds scary. god only two weeks frm harvest. You have tried vacuming and cleaning the plants right?

i did vacumn , i sprayed with 1-3 ratio alcohol water 3 different times ---- its kind of hard to clean big fat buds with popcorn looking calayxes, i mean a lot of them are big around as the end of a pencil eraser mmmm , so im bombing tonight with co2 , cross my fingers and hope it doesnt hurt the plants

have you tried putting them in the cold? the mites hate that!

Cold temperatures + Azamax..

You can use Azamax up until harvest to knock em back and cold will keep em

from getting another foothold until your harvest is done.....

those two things will allow you to hold em off long enough to complete your harvest..

lets see i thought about the cold until i read somewhere that they just hybernaite, and i guess that at such a far along state that all im waiting on is more amber and not growth which cold temps slow growth --- will cold temps slow amber ? and im looking in to azamax after this post --- what sucks is i have 3 other grows in there all in stages for continued bud if you know what i mean -- oh yeah the strain in question is AK-48

That's the thing..at this point it is just about damage control...without hurting your harvest..gets a lil tricky;)

they will not be able to function and multiply in the cold...whatever is there will stay (it will be dead after the Azamax) but nothing new will appear if it's cold...

The cold is a harmless (to plants) stopgap measure until you can treat plants that are in earlier stages of growth and the room itself more aggressively..

:)

yep yep ,, i just looked it up and that sounds like a plan ,,, im getting azamax tomorrow .

its gonna be a lot of work cause dang it looks like a forrest in there , i can barely move around lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thank you cmd
thank you 2dog

and then do the floromite in 9 day regiments like effen said

Be carefull with the floromite.

It has a 21 day residual at least. I recommend using latex gloves and a mask rated for liduid droplets. It's pretty serious stuff.

being careful i will (thanks for the heads up )

ok ! now for the update report on the co2 blasting ----IT WORKS I BLASTED THEM SUCKERS , they're all dead , no movement at all , you can see them stuck dead in there little webs .

put a bud under a microscope and sure enough deader than a doorknob

now im gonna smoke them little ba$*^#ds lol

all plants look to be fine , i am impressed, no chemicals no concoctions , nothing but co2 ------------ awesome
and in 4 to 5 days i'll do it again to kill hatched eggs

now to keep it under control

viper said:
being careful i will (thanks for the heads up )

ok ! now for the update report on the co2 blasting ----IT WORKS I BLASTED THEM SUCKERS , they're all dead , no movement at all , you can see them stuck dead in there little webs .

put a bud under a microscope and sure enough deader than a doorknob

now im gonna smoke them little ba$*^#ds lol

all plants look to be fine , i am impressed, no chemicals no concoctions , nothing but co2 ------------ awesome
and in 4 to 5 days i'll do it again to kill hatched eggs

now to keep it under control
Interesting

Predator mites imho are useless unless the conditions are optimum for their survival.

They reproduce much slower than spider mites so thats why each time i used them in perfect conditions i went for the treatment area of preds as 100 sq metres when i only had like 10 plants in 10 sq meters worked for a while then the eggs hatched but the preds were long dead so ineffective to say the least. I did this twice and still had them at a cost of $250 in total.

In u.k. we have westlands bug attack £4 per litre ready to use in mister bottle.

Misted once last year never seen a mite since its systemic and stays in plants system for upto 12 weeks so spray ya mums and no mites again.

t4.

Latest posts

Back