Predator mites...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Dog

femme fatale proud grower
Reaction score
So I was having an issue with spider mites. I am growing organicly and really did not want to use alcohol neem oil etc. So i went down to my local grow shop and bought some predator mites...50.00$ a pop gulp...These suckers are small and come in a little tiny container like a keif container..You sprinkle them on with little bits of material (wood or plant) IDK and they eat the mites...then die. So far they seem to have worked. I have left the little pieces they came in on the plants not sure if they are dead yet or not..Doesnt seem to be hurting plant at all. No movement, webs or eggs whatsoever...Way easier than alcohol and IMP more effective and healtheir..Thought I would share the info.

congrats..*crossing fingers for ya*

mites are a pain

ya I know...but I dont see any now.

I hear they can live long time, in floor,,ect....but also heard that those predator mites work well with the right temps and conditions

I thought u were an outdoor gal, 2?

not during the winter....and not with these numbers...I will be doing outside in spring but with the days getting longer and not wanting to bring them in to bud I will veg inside this winter and put to flower outside...prob throw some super thai seeds out there...next summer it is on for my pk but I was nervous about the smell last year and I only had 5 plants total outside..

Used predator mites last year. Still dealing with mites this year.

ray were yours as expensive as mine were? man the bugs are pricey....

2Dog said:
ray were yours as expensive as mine were? man the bugs are pricey....

Getting rid of mites is not an inexpensive process. Predator mites are actually fairly cheap, but they have limited effectiveness (Avid sells for about $150 for 8 oz. Floramite is around $200 for 8 ozs.). Glad they seem to have worked for you. Most have the experience that RayJay did--the predator mites just don't eradicate the spider mites entirely and the mites return.

yep yep...I just use as another wepon in my arsonal:aok:

I hate the Borg!! ( NUKE them bastards:hitchair:

best of luck 2Dog:48:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Getting rid of mites is not an inexpensive process. Predator mites are actually fairly cheap, but they have limited effectiveness (Avid sells for about $150 for 8 oz. Floramite is around $200 for 8 ozs.). Glad they seem to have worked for you. Most have the experience that RayJay did--the predator mites just don't eradicate the spider mites entirely and the mites return.

I think they worked well because I did a lot of the work by hand with a vacume and cloth, washing down the plants outside with water that werent budding...I even put them outside in freezing weather which did seem to help a lot as well...so far so good but we never know what to expect as growers do we ?

interesting , i just bought 2000 predator mites as well (120 bucks) and was told by hydro shop dude that the pred mites kill the living and not the eggs so ill have to do it again in a few days to kill the hatched eggs , he said the spider mites are born pregnant and lay eggs soon after . i plan on safer soaping the room floor and walls as well .

its been 17 days 2dog how are things going ?

things are great! no signs of anything I have tons of pics posted in the white lightning grow journal so you can see for yourself..a little stress maybe..but besides that bueno.

2Dog said:
things are great! no signs of anything I have tons of pics posted in the white lightning grow journal so you can see for yourself..a little stress maybe..but besides that bueno.

AWESOME baby!

Don't let your guard down now...

I just sprayed and scrubed almost a gallon of bleach solution from top to bottom in the 12/12 room last night. I sprayed every fan blade, every cord, every square inch...

then I turned on the lights and threw in a heater to make it nice and inviting for the mites and mite eggs to come alive and hang out..nice and toasty...I'm so nice aren't I?

then BANG...all the ventilation goes off and before they know it they are being bombed by a double dose of 2 pyrethium foggers...the door gets closed with an ominous bang and the room becomes the infamous "tomb of the mite" (ehoes ehoes)

I let it sit for about 24 hours and now it is sterile with 6 happy PK's in there for thier first big night of flower...

In other words I had to cleany clean too...sucks dont it?
:(

but it's good now that it's done:)

I think those are aphids they eat cajun...

cmd420 said:
AWESOME baby!

Don't let your guard down now...

I just sprayed and scrubed almost a gallon of bleach solution from top to bottom in the 12/12 room last night. I sprayed every fan blade, every cord, every square inch...

then I turned on the lights and threw in a heater to make it nice and inviting for the mites and mite eggs to come alive and hang out..nice and toasty...I'm so nice aren't I?

then BANG...all the ventilation goes off and before they know it they are being bombed by a double dose of 2 pyrethium foggers...the door gets closed with an ominous bang and the room becomes the infamous "tomb of the mite" (ehoes ehoes)

I let it sit for about 24 hours and now it is sterile with 6 happy PK's in there for thier first big night of flower...

In other words I had to cleany clean too...sucks dont it?
:(

but it's good now that it's done:)

It is fun isnt it? I had to use tons of lotion on my poor hands..I make a solution of bleach and water ina spray bottle spray and wipe everything down...good times sweetness. you will love those pk's I wish I had more of her cured.. I have one jar left and people know not to touch it...Every day I tell my pk mom how beautiful and big she is! lol...

"and people know not to touch it"...

you are too funny 2Puppy:)

LOL.....Im not joking..

there is another LW2 auto jar for christmas people are also leaving alone. right now it is mostly bubblegum and super berry being smoked....very good stuff just no pk...I may go buy some hash oil this week...

Latest posts

Back