[problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghostlyblunt

Reaction score
So I've got a problem. I want to start a grow op in my room without letting anyone know. What do you think is my best chance? I have a fairly long but not wide closet and I think it's my only option. Where would I get a big cabinet for growing purposes? Or is there anyway to use the closet I already have without too much heat from my roomies, keeping in mind I live with a 50 year old and an 80 year old.

Lots of people grow in closets.

Pots on the floor and a growing light.

Air circulation is needed so some kind of extraction will be required.

What size is the closet?

Ghostlyblunt said:
So I've got a problem. I want to start a grow op in my room without letting anyone know. What do you think is my best chance? I have a fairly long but not wide closet and I think it's my only option. Where would I get a big cabinet for growing purposes? Or is there anyway to use the closet I already have without too much heat from my roomies, keeping in mind I live with a 50 year old and an 80 year old.

Yea, what is the LxWxH of the closet? How many plants are you aiming to grow? Do you have any type of shelving? Attic access? Is the closet wired for electricity, or is there an outlet nearby? Ive grown in a normal bedroom closet about 3' deep with sliding doors and had no problems. Used 2 150w 20$ HPS w/ Home Depot reflectors, hung from the shelving and focused each light on a plant (only grew 2 ladies in DWC).

Roomies ALWAYS find out. It's like an unwritten pot-grower's rule. You better plan for them finding out, if you go through with this.

Like hippy wrote, lots of people grow in closets.

Im not certain of the exact dimensions but it's about 9 ft tall 9 feet long and 3 feet wide. It's not wired for electricity but there's an outlet nearby I'll use an extension cord for that. There's no attic access and it's carpeted (my biggest problem I fear) There's also a metal shelf about three quarters of the way up the wall and it has the sliding doors. Im hoping to grow ten plants in it, each with a large yield if Im lucky. What do you guys think?

Sounds doubtful to me. You need your own place....Between the construction, all the maintenance, care, smell.... Not to mention the sound.... Between your balast, fans, etc. You'll have some sorta give away.

Thanks for the "someone finally needs to move away from home" comment man, but I do live away from home not that it really matters anyways. I figured you would have got that by me not wanting to tip off my roommates. At any rate thanks for the help guys, appreciate you taking the time to reply. But I think I may end up waiting until I have my own apartment or something like that as suggested. I've grown with roomies before, thankfully all my age, and it was just a pain.

Sorry man, when you posted I should have known you lived away from home because you said you had roomates one thing came to mind, the movie Grandma's Boy...

Jeff: Yeah, it's totally cool. Just keep your voice down - my roommates are sleeping.

MV5BMTc2MDU2NzA0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzc1MDU3__V1__CR84,0,316,316_SS100_.jpg

hahahahahahaha

you know that honestly made me laugh till I was red in the face, easy mistake to make though broseph. Thankfully Im not with the rent,s though I do wish I had a ******* sick race car bed lol

Latest posts

Back