Advertise On Marijuana Passion

problems with big plants

Smeg

Reaction score
hi all
OK i got some clones off a friend and they looked great . i got 10 BigBlue and 10 Tangerine Dream
my problem is the Tangerine dream have grown / stretched more than i thought they would
i grow in 2 tents ..... 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.00
the plants in the pics are now 3 weeks into flower and are now approx 1.2 meter high.
IMG_2664.JPGIMG_2665.JPGIMG_2666.JPG
i have been thinking about putting a net up (Scrog net ) . it would be hard ... i would have to place each plant one at a time and feed the branches into the net ..
i really don't know what to do ..... if i let them grow as they are , they will fall over later when/ if they get good buds . they bottom half off the plant is really not getting much light now because the plants are so tall

so i thought id ask what some you more experience growers would do in this situation
thanks for any help
smeg

Smeg

Reaction score
i use Canna coco A+B with cannazym and rizotionic .

Sol

Reaction score
I believe that he meant what type of lighting are you using? How far from plants, how many? That kinda thing:) :)

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Yep those are some streched plants.. They look like the light is too far above them or they should have been topped multiple times as they were growing..Its a lil late for topping and in flower you dont want to do that- I would just get stakes and plan on staking them when the colas get some weight. JMO Hero

Hamster Lewis

Reaction score
I think Hero is right....I wld get some stakes and stake those babies. Maybe you can pull some good sized buds up top. I use those orange driveway markers....made of fiberglass I believe. I use pipe cleaners to attach the branches.

Reaction score
We need to know how much light you have before we can be of real help. However, I would probably be for doing some LST on these. I am betting the stems are pliable enough to get a bend on them.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi all
ive got 9 off them under a 600w cooltube , the light has allways been right abvove the plants .... about 4-6" away ...
i did LST them about 20 ago , then i had to go working away for 10 days and left my girl to water them , when i got back most off the plants had pulled the wire off that i had used for LST .
thanks
smeg

Lemon Jack

Above the clouds
Reaction score
I'm kinda goin throughbthe same thing right now my mothers were already like 3 and a half feet tall and i flipped them a week ago. I have been tieing down all the branches since i only got about another foot ov vertical room.

Reaction score
While a 600W HPS is adequate for a 4 x 4 tent, I also believe that a cool tube would have trouble spreading light evenly over that much space, especially with your tube that close to the canopy. In addition, I really see no bud development either. After 3 weeks in 12/12 I would expect to see much more bud development. Your plants certainly look to be suffering from not enough light...

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog
Reaction score
PuffinNugs said:
use it for clones, then give the clones the proper lighting
:yeahthat:

That seems to be the only sensible thing to me.

Wet

Latest posts