Ptsd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7greeneyes said:
god bless ya for putting so much effort into this thread newguy.

Resplendently informative as well as personally inciteful.
Thanks 7G!

as far as that last off topic post, I have in the past done my share of that stuff trying to escape my mind and in combination with weed was able to move on for a good 6 years but then was retriggered by sandy hook and the marathon bombings and the govts response not only to them but my own case. (people tell me to move on that drugs did not get me past what i went thru and they are so miss informed and blind they have no idea how much they hurt me to say that) and i'm sure it goes for others out there to this is real common stuff

But in the end ya alot of what i high light pertains to me and i know it probably will to others who come in here and just breeze thru to catch their interest and read more there is alot to learn here for many disorders not just mine.

Thanks again MP

As always please SHARE, even if just with someone extra sad you never know what they are thinking or how close to the end they maybe it's hard at times, some times we have to look at others and refer them to help that they may not know they even need.

hxxp://mdmaptsd.org/news.html

hXXp://forums.psychcentral.com/#mental-health-support

:yeahthat: The more accurate info disseminated about PTSD, the better.

(The above sentence contains no descenders, nor does this one.)

I am in no way condoning or saying anyone should use this unless in the controlled professional way, by certified people!

It’s basically like years of therapy in two or three hours. You can’t understand it unless you’ve experienced it.

– former Army Ranger and MDMA-assisted psychotherapy study participant, quoted on Military.com (March 2009)

What you glimpse in the middle of an MDMA experience is like seeing the peak of a mountain, and you can see the path that will take you to the top. It gives you the vision and the motivation to keep on hiking.

–Julie Holland, M.D., psychiatrist and author of Ecstasy: The Complete Guide

It meant the world to me to be able to look at the fear, to look at the shame…When I got out of that session, I felt a hundred pounds lighter…The drug gave me the ability not to fear fear.

– Donna Kilgore, PTSD patient and MDMA-assisted psychotherapy study participant

--------------------------------------

The Biggest Psychedelic Research Group Is Asking the Pentagon to Help Kill PTSD

Motherboard writes about the recent visit to the Pentagon of MAPS Executive Director Rick Doblin, PhD, to discuss MDMA-assisted psychotherapy research and encourage support for the studies. Article author Brian Anderson explains, “It’s a fool’s errand to say that the US military entertaining the idea of working with a reknowned psychedelics research group isn’t a sign that our notions of both war and therapeutic (and illicit) drugs aren’t changing, and quick.”

Read at Motherboard

It’d be a monumental leap forward in the ongoing agony and ecstasy of treating wartime post-traumatic stress with psychedelics. They’d be somewhat unlikely partners, sure, but to hear that the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies has reached out to the Pentagon makes a lot of sense. MAPS needs PTSD-affected troops to fill out its trials, something the Pentagon undoubtedly can provide if it wants to.

Rick Doblin, MAPS founder and executive director, says the non-profit research group is in talks with the Pentagon about a potential study involving active duty soldiers with PTSD. He says that MAPS, which has been at the forefront of MDMA-, LSD-, and ibogaine-assisted psychotherapy research since 1986, would bankroll the trials should the Pentagon allow soldiers to participate.

“We were [at the Pentagon] about a month ago, and we got a very good reception,” Doblin tells Wired. “Now we’re working our way up the chain of command.”

The question, then, is who is MAPS looking to include here? Would its prospective Pentagon collaboration be confined strictly to those with boots on the ground, or would it open things up to remote soliders like drone pilots?

Doblin couldn’t be reached by the time this piece went to press, though I’ll update if and when I hear back. For now, we can only speculate. But it’s worth noting the creeping prevalance of PTSD and PTSD-like symptons among drone operators, a dark spell known as “burnout.”

Take Brady Bryant. Bryant logged over 6,000 hours flying hunter-killer drones with the Air Force over six years. In that stretch, Bryant told Speigel Online, he saw men, women and children incincerated by Hellfire missiles fired from American drones throughout the Middle East and the Horn of Africa.

“I never thought I would kill that many people,” he admitted. “In fact, I thought I couldn’t kill anyone at all.”

One incident in particular would come to haunt Bryant. Flying a drone high above Afghanistan, some 7,000 miles from his cockpit at Creech Air Base, Bryant fired on a flat-roofed mud house that he’d been monitoring for weeks. It took an agonizing 16 seconds for the missile to reach its target. With about two seconds to go, a child unexpectedly ran into the strike zone. Then the explosion flashed on Bryant’s screen. Portions of the building collapsed, the child nowhere to be seen. Immediately Bryant felt nauseuous. Spiegel explains:

“Did we just kill a kid?” he asked the man sitting next to him.

“Yeah, I guess that was a kid,” the pilot replied.

“Was that a kid?” they wrote into a chat window on the monitor. Then, someone they didn’t know answered, someone sitting in a military command center somewhere in the world who had observed their attack. “No. That was a dog,” the person wrote.

They reviewed the scene on video. A dog on two legs?

It would only get worse for Bryant. As time wore on, as the 12-hour shifts spent in a locked, climate-controlled trailer in the Nevadan desert began blurring together, his mind and body curled inward, shutting down, until one day he collapsed at work, spitting blood. On orders from his doctor, he’d stay out of the cockpit until sleeping more than four hours a night for two weeks in a row wasn’t impossible. Six months later, Bryant was back flying drones.

It’s a fool’s errand to say that the US military entertaining the idea of working with a reknowned psychedelics research group isn’t a sign that our notions of both war and therapeutic (and illicit) drugs aren’t changing, and quick. And yet the battle to kill PTSD is only just beginning. So if remote soldiers, for all the flak that term gets, don’t end up wrapped into what for all intents and purporses would be a landmark study, why not?

N.E.wguy said:
thanks 7G!

as far as that last off topic post, I have in the past done my share of that stuff trying to escape my mind and in combination with weed was able to move on for a good 6 years but then was retriggered by sandy hook and the marathon bombings and the govts response not only to them but my own case. (people tell me to move on that drugs did not get me past what i went thru and they are so miss informed and blind they have no idea how much they hurt me to say that) and i'm sure it goes for others out there to this is real common stuff
I posted before reading this post. At least I am not the only individual who was triggered by those terrorist acts. For a while after the shootings I could not see little kids (in real life, in commercials, wherever) without thinking of how vulnerable they were and being afraid that something terrible was going to happen to them. :(

I defiantly feel there is a double standard to troops and civilians when it comes to PTSD and that is just sad and wrong in so many ways to me.

ya man i have 2-3 horrific nightmares a night on the pharma i'm on, have to take it tho... supposed to help me sleep its a joke.

ya kids are a hard subject involved in our cases it was hard for me to let my kid go to school, way me then an average person i will say that.. my kids school got a cop but not for long right back to they are fine mode

my wife Saturday before the bombings was like "i want to take the kids on the train to Boston" I said not going, no way... She thought I was a loon for not going to the st. pats day parade in southie both days i said to her all set with a terrorist act and sure enough 2 days later on the streets my wife and kids were on 2 bombs go off then the man hunt... I'll leave it there I could go on for pages.

A WHOLE LOT of my friends are Veterans and current Servicemen and Servicewomen who have the same symptoms as I do, have the same nightmares and take the same pills. I take 1600 mg of Seroquel per day, 150 mg of venlafaxine (generic Effexor), 40 mg of propranolol and 10-30 mg of diazepam (generic Valium). I usually substitute indica for some/all of the diazepam, because I have no desire to develop a tolerance to it like I developed to Xanax. It may be more obvious now why I am so absent-minded. :hitchair:

1600 mg of Seroquel per day*

how is that dosed, i take 50mg of that and am side ways, 100mg i'm out like a light but up 3 hours later with nightmares. then if I try to walk it's like i'm a zombie bumping into walls and stuff i hate that stuff. they all want me on it no matter who i see.. says it helps with sleep lol slows my mania if i have a bad episode 50mg will bring me back, have used it a few times in the day for that otherwise only at night ( which it is not supposed to be prescribed for ) my script is intentionally x3 what i need so the pharmacy won;t look into it... ya says eat 200mg before bed lolz *** i'd die

(* actually took 50mg last night woke up, went to piss had a hard time even finding the toilet nvm falling down the stairs going by them twice) i think 200mg i would just wear a dippar to bed then risk my life lol may drown in the toilet

First off, thanks to anyone who looks at all these updates and follows the info trail i am leaving. Hope you all have a great day.
(It amazes me that for 16yrs or more MMJ has kept about all in this thread subdued on it's own, and after seeking help I have worse episodes and am on all sorts of pharmaceuticals..)

------------------

This is the symptoms of bipolar.
I am posting this due to the frequent confusion of professionals that seem to think that PTSD is bipolar. As you can see, there is a huge difference between the description of a manic episode and an “hyper-vigilant” episode (described in the PTSD threads).

Signs and symptoms of a manic episode of bipolar disorder:

happy, expansive, optimistic mood (feeling “high,” feeling better than ever)
alternative mood: irritable, angry, aggressive, provocative, intrusive
impaired judgment; reckless; unpredictable
excessive involvement in pleasurable or high risk activities, such as sex, drug or alcohol use, or spending sprees
high physical and mental energy; increased productivity; excited; a feeling of high intelligence and creativity
extremely talkative, rapid thoughts
decreased need for sleep, less ability to sleep
inflated self-importance; in some, delusions or hallucinations
extremely sociable
inability to concentrate; distracted; restless, impulsive
no perception that the mood and behaviors are abnormal

A person in the manic phase of bipolar disorder rarely seeks help; the person may feel good and not recognize that anything is wrong.
(like you are on the best bud ever and you never come down, but when u do it's into an episode below)
Signs and symptoms of a depressive episode of bipolar disorder

profound sadness, hopelessness, pessimism; crying spells
low self-esteem, worthlessness
“flat” mood: apathetic, indifferent; lack of interest or pleasure in most activities
fatigue, lethargy: decreased energy and activity; difficulty getting out of bed in the morning
decreased sexuality
restless, irritable, angry, worried, anxious, guilty
fewer thoughts and less talking; slower thinking and talking
difficulty in concentrating, making decisions, and remembering
social withdrawal; diminished ability to give and feel love
drug or alcohol use
change in appetite; weight gain or loss; loss of interest in food, even if eating more
change in sleep patterns: sleeping more or less than usual
suicidal thoughts, plans, or attempts; life seems devoid of pleasure

People are more likely to seek help during the depressive phase of bipolar disorder than during the manic* phase. This is because they recognize that the symptoms are disruptive to normal life. But some do not even seek help during the depression because they have no energy and no hope that anything can change.
(* personally once i am in a manic state i isolate myself, some people lose control and say or do things that may hurt others unknowingly in a episode. Best thing to do if you feel someone close to you is like this just give them space.. Trying to help a this point in time will more make you a possible outlet for this, which neither involved want.)

I'm asking...isn't it PLAUSIBLE that severe trauma...can cause BOTH ptsd and a disorder that looks so much like bipolar that it might as well be? Could it be a possible explanation why so many people are 'mis'diagnosed with bipolar and ptsd comorbid? Or is it a misdx at all? Perhaps singular event, adult trauma ptsd....in which the brain was already developed would NOT be able to cause such a neurobiological change....(another prime reason why C-PTSD is truly a separate class of PTSD)....but I'm curious what studies have been or will be done which might shed light on severe, repeated trauma in the developing brain causing...basically...bipolar in addition to the symptoms of C-PTSD. It seems prior studies have been quite ignored, and not taken to their fullest possible conclusions.

---------------------
Coping with bipolar/PTSD parent
hxxp://forums.psychcentral.com/bipolar/33326-coping-bipolar-ptsd-parent.html

My father is Dx bipolar and ptsd. He has been affected by it in waves for as long as I have known him. When he start's feeling "off" or is triggered by a traumatic event he becomes manic and begins drinking to "cope" with his mental state. He veers on and off his meds at this point and is very unpredictable and prone to outbursts and mood swings all over the map. It has been difficult dealing with his personality throughout my life. He has had pockets of stability that last years only to succumb to another episode which can last a year, two or more at a time. As a kid I always just wanted the "normal" 9-5 TV dad and used to tell grand stories about my absentee father.... Now that I have a family of my own I am unable to excuse or tolerate his erratic behavior, outbursts and unpredictability around my home. I have tried to get him help through the VA hospital and have appealed to him to do whatever it takes to get back"on track" so he can be a part of his family's life again. ( before this last episode began back in Feb. 06 he was a loving, doting grandfather and a big part of everyone's life for 6 years straight.) He refuses to accept his condition and does nothing but revert all conversations back to a sum of money that is contested between us from some old utility bills. I tried to straighten out those bills last year and was in the final stage of doing so and he instructed me NOT to do so'"that the VA was going to clean them up ... " Soon after he came into some $$ and stayed out of touch for almost 5 mos.
He has torn through over$15,000 of an inheritance this past summer gambling and drinking and the like and now that these funds have been exhausted he is once again surfacing and looking to "get what he has coming."
I refuse to provide any financial fuel to enable him to propel himself further down his road to ruin. His health is in the toilet and he refuses to see a correlation between his life of excess and his failing health.
If it were I alone I could deal with this man, as I have known this "character" my whole life. But it has impacted my family and at times terrorized them and my neighbors, and for that reason he has been instructed by myself and the authorities to stay away from my home.
I bumped into him at the store today and after a "hello and howyadoin " the conversation deteriorated into the usual arguements about $ and my appeals for him to seek and FOLLOW THROUGH with whatever treatment that will get him well.

As this once well groomed, meticulous, detail oriented man rode away disheveled and unshaven on his hand-me-down old style bicycle, his pockets stuffed with random papers and notes with wild agendas, all I could do was call out " hope you have a decent holiday, whatever you do, and I love you." I parked my vehicle, and shed some tears, then dried them and drove home to my family... the same family who shared the holidays with smiles this time last year with this same man.
breezer~

N.E.wguy said:
1600 mg of Seroquel per day*

how is that dosed, i take 50mg of that and am side ways, 100mg i'm out like a light but up 3 hours later with nightmares. then if I try to walk it's like i'm a zombie bumping into walls and stuff i hate that stuff. they all want me on it no matter who i see.. says it helps with sleep lol slows my mania if i have a bad episode 50mg will bring me back, have used it a few times in the day for that otherwise only at night ( which it is not supposed to be prescribed for ) my script is intentionaly x3 what i need so the pharmacy won;t look into it... ya says eat 200mg before bed lolz *** i'd die
I take 4 400 mg pills a day for major depression and insomnia, which means I take more of them in the evening than during the day. Since I have been taking this drug cocktail for years, if I miss a dose my head and body start feeling prickly and off-kilter. :mad:

ya they want me to try and use it daily but the way it affects my nights i am worried it will couch lock me and in my life i don't have that option.

they had me on zolof (ssri) made me mental instantly so they have me on seriquil 50-200mg, clozapm 2mg min.(supposed to take a half mg if my mania kicks in, (otherwise .5 every 4 hrs. i find any thing less then 1mg is useless, i am 6' 250 takes more imo but they say .5 is fine it's addictive lol get real it helps but u can't take it cause its addictive ok) like i said i have used the seriquil one time out of desperation in the day but that was it.. so i guess your body adapts to (my) side effect if taken daily? second time on this stuff and about to flush the bottle so ant info is good info to me.
lastly they have me on 50mg Lamictal (lamotrigine) i take in am asap with .5mg kpin. (soon as i hit 50mg on lamictal nighmaress increased, and altered from normal, sleep is more of an issue now as well even with the seriquil)

all of which does nothing for me unlike MMJ amazes me how clueless the smartest doctors are or have been made to be negative of such a universal cure/allivatior of so many ailments especially such a wide spectrum of mental ones, without it i surly would be in a looney bin i guess thats what they used to do with us. electro shock and lsd therapy in looney bins

THANK FULLY THEY ARE ON TO CBD AND PTSD NOW ATLEAST

IF American doctors were permitted to research Cannabis the way Canadian and Israeli doctors are, hundreds of thousands of PTSD patients in this country would benefit. It's perfectly legal to prescribe oxycodone and hydrocodone (and my wonderful Valium) here, but non-addictive, nontoxic Cannabis, oh no! :angrywife: :mad:

ya i was abused at the hand of a ptsd vet being my father when i was younger also that was my first ptsd around age 12, he wants forgiveness as he's on his death bed but refuses to admit the abuse took place. I wonder how much of what i went thru was due to the lack of knowledge, testing, mismedicating of these people it;s hard to get past even thinking maybe he did it cause he was like me and i learned to control myself by going thru that...but at the same time partially put me on my path to being shot..buying weed to cope with the basically every thing from broken family, beating to homelessness and end up dead pretty much all the while mmj is real and avail to certain vets...I consider myself a casualty of the war on drugs and govt has done nothing for me even tho they listed me as a victim of a violent crime/ conspiracy to commit murder

hXXp://forums.psychcentral.com/#mental-health-support

ya the OC lead to heroin that where the govt makes there money fighting itself in a false war on drugs should be a war on pharma not cannabis

N.E.wguy said:
Signs and symptoms of a depressive episode of bipolar disorder

profound sadness, hopelessness, pessimism; crying spells
low self-esteem, worthlessness
“flat” mood: apathetic, indifferent; lack of interest or pleasure in most activities
fatigue, lethargy: decreased energy and activity; difficulty getting out of bed in the morning
decreased sexuality
restless, irritable, angry, worried, anxious, guilty
fewer thoughts and less talking; slower thinking and talking
difficulty in concentrating, making decisions, and remembering
social withdrawal; diminished ability to give and feel love
drug or alcohol use
change in appetite; weight gain or loss; loss of interest in food, even if eating more
change in sleep patterns: sleeping more or less than usual
suicidal thoughts, plans, or attempts; life seems devoid of pleasure

People are more likely to seek help during the depressive phase of bipolar disorder than during the manic* phase. This is because they recognize that the symptoms are disruptive to normal life. But some do not even seek help during the depression because they have no energy and no hope that anything can change.
(* personally once i am in a manic state i isolate myself, some people lose control and say or do things that may hurt others unknowingly in a episode. Best thing to do if you feel someone close to you is like this just give them space.. Trying to help a this point in time will more make you a possible outlet for this, which neither involved want.)

You painted a photorealistic picture of my depression, except that I am "unipolar" (as opposed to bipolar) and it is always the south pole. Thank God I don't have mania too. I have completely forgotten what "normal" life is and have given up on trying to fit in. I am a proud misanthrope, I detest Homo "sapiens" and I isolate myself from my fellow humans as much as possible. Like 95% of the work I do is in my own house. Exposure to humans is possible exposure to another debilitaing trauma which I will relive in my mind for the rest of my damn life, so the only humans with whom I usually associate are people with whom I have something in common: PTSD patients (a lot of them Veterans), artists, and artists with PTSD. I think religion is mostly man-made propaganda crap but I have faith (not religion) in the God of the Bible and reading it, praying, thanking God for good things and having my friends pray for me has literally helped to keep me from killing myself. Talking with people online who have the same symptoms and take the same pills helps as well. Even my very good shrink says that talking online with other PTSD patients is useful. It may not seem likely but there is still hope for "our kind".

YYZ Skinhead said:
You painted a photorealistic picture of my depression, except that I am "unipolar" (as opposed to bipolar) and it is always the south pole. Thank God I don't have mania too. I have completely forgotten what "normal" life is and have given up on trying to fit in. I am a proud misanthrope, I detest Homo "sapiens" and I isolate myself from my fellow humans as much as possible. Like 95% of the work I do is in my own house. Exposure to humans is possible exposure to another debilitaing trauma which I will relive in my mind for the rest of my damn life, so the only humans with whom I usually associate are people with whom I have something in common: PTSD patients (a lot of them Veterans), artists, and artists with PTSD. I think religion is mostly man-made propaganda crap but I have faith (not religion) in the God of the Bible and reading it, praying, thanking God for good things and having my friends pray for me has literally helped to keep me from killing myself. Talking with people online who have the same symptoms and take the same pills helps as well. Even my very good shrink says that talking online with other PTSD patients is useful. It may not seem likely but there is still hope for "our kind".

So sounds more like you have Chronic Depression/Dysthymia, not really bi-polar disorder?

I have to give NEWGUY credit for his suggestion on how to interact with ppl when they are in the "valley" part of their bi-polarity.

Again, thanks for this thread, it's a good read.

God Bless you YYZ. Stay strong, lady :)

This thread will become what it does based off the same as MP it's members. It is what we make it!

I agree with your shrink about online interaction, as well as yours 7g. & YYZ with isolation to the fullest degree. But personally i'm at about 100% avoidance atm..

First person who really figured out me was a kid I met on gaming website (who someone on here is is a member there, msg me :), may even know this person or of him at the very least;) , one of the most inelegant bipolar manics I have ever met it was because of him i made it thru years of my life unknowing. Then I met him in real life and we practically never talk literally first time in 2 yrs was a few weeks ago. he refereed me to this guy, told me to request to be on his emailing list that he has lots of useful info and runs a group in ct. for b/m i think. here is his email I highly suggest emailing him and just put add me to the list as content and he will. the kid I know goes to his group I think.

[email protected] //// his name is Alan Rosenthal, just put you were refered thru m.w.

7g what part are you referencing just to clarify (I have to give NEWGUY credit for his suggestion on how to interact with ppl when they are in the "valley" part of their bi-polarity.) maybe quote it in your post just so people can relate or refer back to that section there is alot in here.
-

ya YYZ " normal life " or lack of is one of the hardest things to come to understanding with I have my whole life wanted to be "normal" you'll never have a normal life unless you allow yourself to see your life as a normal life for you is all i have come up with still searching for peace and happiness daily.

lookie lookie what I found a reason not to take more of their ****
hxxp://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=13&m=2010050
Hi guys,
I recently made a post about Lamictal(lamotrigine), but this one is more on the serious side. I have been taking Lamictal for about 4 days now, at 50 mg's. I am experiencing the most lucid and vivid nightmares that I haven't experienced since I was a little kid. I mean, I'm talking so frightening and unsettling that I am afraid to go to sleep. 2 nights ago, I had a dream that I could hear my dog growling in the middle of the night- very unusual for her. So immediately, I knew something was wrong. I crept downstairs to discover my mother sleeping on the couch. My dog was growling in the direction of the front door, where stand this huge, tall, man/monster looking thing staring at my mother as she slept. I ran to the door to lock it, but the thing had already opened the door and was pushing its way inside. Thankfully, I then woke up, screaming so loud that the actual dog that was in the dream came running upstairs to see if I was okay. It was a cross between a nightmare and a night terror, as I was not fully convinced it was a dream after I had awoken. Has anyone else experienced dreams this horrifying while taking Lamictal, or any other drug? If so, do you have any suggestions for alleviating and preventing these awful occurrences? The Lamictal is already starting to lift my mood, but the nightmares are a colossal drawback. If there are any suggestions other than quitting the medicine, please tell me. I am not interested in taking addictives like Xanax or Ambien to help me sleep. Thanks,
William
-----

Posted 1/30/2011 8:51 PM (GMT -6)
i have been on lamotrigine 25 mg since last wednesday...soo for about a week now.
my ideal dosage is 100 mg my dr said, but im going to start slow and up the dose every two weeks....
i have been having really intense dreams as well but i didnt even think it was related to the medication, but now that you mention it i think i am going to write down my dreams as soon as i wake up so that i can discuss it with my dr. ive notced that ive been having such REAL LIFELIKE dreams that ive made comments to my roommates about things that they say have never happened..... scary to think that its possible that im not going to be able to differentiate between my dreams and reality.

7greeneyes said:
So sounds more like you have Chronic Depression/Dysthymia, not really bi-polar disorder?

I have to give NEWGUY credit for his suggestion on how to interact with ppl when they are in the "valley" part of their bi-polarity.

Again, thanks for this thread, it's a good read.

God Bless you YYZ. Stay strong, lady :)
:aok: Props 7ge, indeed this is an excellent thread. I have major depressive disorder and am not bipolar (I asked both my shrink in San Francisco and the one here in Hell if I was bipolar and they said no). I ought to ask about dysthymia.

The funny thing is that I wanted to start a PTSD thread but had no idea how. Props to Newguy for launching and maintaining this one.

As for thee, 7ge, anyone with a brain knows you are the go-to for Cannabis news and not only medbud news. I have gargantuan respect for hardcore researchers who dig and find info that may be obscure but is desperately needed.

Yes you both as well as JAAM are as much apart of maintaining it by posting, relating contributing articles, which Initiated the thought of this thread thru me and JAAM sending me links which were first posted in here.

I found the facts of those articles very interesting. I thought it was important enough to spread that info in here and it just has has started I think. I'm sure this will become a highly viewed thread with lots of new traffic and information getting out where it needs to be.

You should really email that guy. I need to find a group, getting out is how you actually break the depressive home stuck syndromes. like 4 day hikes is what my buddy does he's as manic as they come i swear but he is the most normal sociable person able to run a highly successful business. As well as maintain his mania and bipolar... stays away from benzos and alcohol.
Guy gets memorizing mountain top pics, bears chasing him all sorts of stuff.lol But resets his brain so he can be "(what we search for (normalness) at least temporarily).

it was this part of your post #88

"
(* personally once i am in a manic state i isolate myself, some people lose control and say or do things that may hurt others unknowingly in a episode. Best thing to do if you feel someone close to you is like this just give them space.. Trying to help a this point in time will more make you a possible outlet for this, which neither involved want.)"

That part really rings true on how my wife is sometimes due to her bipolarity.

Latest posts

Back