purple wreck/blue moonshine x's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1 pheno of two...chopping the other tomorrow...:D

162.JPG

201.JPG

230.JPG

231.JPG

242.JPG

Very nice, Irish! Question on your teas, bro - do you load your soil, like a supersoil kinda thing first then supplement or just teas is all the feed they are getting? If you do your own composting you must have a nice cook going on in that **** now, bro - those plants look beautiful!

phil, just the free materials from the yard in my mix. heavy fruit/molasses to aid in breaking it all down to the point i don't sift at all. straight on the ground heaps packed with worms. (i get the occasional groundhogs / skunks / squirrels/ rabbits/ deer that toss the heaps for a snack, but thier just visitors passing thru). no harm no foul...:)

this grow was all organic from feeds i made that i copied from others proven recipes. i'm always researching different feeds that are simple to use/easy to make. this grow was by far the easiest feed schedule i ever used. all the work was in transplanting up and keeping a clean grow area.

the mix never uses any N feeds at all once in the growing pots. its all in there in the form of worm dooky. i just straight water in veg. i transplant in three phases, and thats so i can look at my roots, trim if needed, and check for any damage control.

i try keep everything as simple as possible. (K.I.S.S.):) plus i'm a die hard veg gardener yearly. (although the past two seasons there was a major oversight in the gardens that rendered them useless for growing):eek: i've been in distress over adding horse crap that was not fully prepared before it got tilled into the gardens. first year was a total bust. second year, more the same, and was brush hogged from all the pigweed that sprung up from the horse feed.:eek: ...i am trying to correct this now with adding massive amounts of bio-char, wood ash, fresh compost...(if you ever use farm animal excrement for your veggies, make darn sure it is dried out very well, then used as an additive to your compost heaps so that it is broken down very well.) it was a big mistake adding it straight to the gardens, and has caused me two seasons of alot of hard work correcting this. i'm still working those to repair them, and luck won't help this time, nope, it will take alot of reversing to fix...i'm just about to the point of removing all soil from my plots and starting over, or just planting fruit trees there, and starting new gardens in other spots. (even giving serious thought to a bucket garden, and some raised beds)...

by making my own mediums, i save well in excess of a thousand dollars in just medium alone each season! <and this is just for the mj grows i will do each fall/winter indoors!;)

there is nothing special about my mix. it is simple, and fun. if you keep something like this fun to do, you'll look forward to doing more everytime, each spring! mulched brown leaves, mulched green grass clippings, each in equal amounts, wood ash, food scraps...thats it! you can add worms if you like, but do not necessarily need to...mix with a pitchfork twice a month thru out the summer, add food scraps each time you mix, and viola, you will end up with rich humic gold.:cool:

use that in veg with straight water for 4-6 weeks, then on transplant to third and final pot, use fresh compost, and start a flowering tea feed. i used fruit based teas along with the lacto bacillus enzymes i made from rice.(bbp's recipe), and bakers yeast in specific flowering weeks, which seems week six being the most productive at this time in the test runs i've used it for two seasons now on all plants...

i've been harvesting, and replanting, and been very busy to get round two up and running in the flower room. i'm hustling, and bustling like one of santas lil helpers. :hubba:

everything you've seen run through this journal has been cloned to go into rotation now, and other testers have been added for first runs that need to be sexed yet, and i have a full house, looking for a royal straight flush round two!:D :cool: ...

this is the xmas tree pheno of purple wreck/ blue moonshine f2 that was harvested yesterday...peace...

010.JPG

094.JPG

210.JPG

looks absolutely beautiful, Irish :clap: How she smell? I've nvr grown either those crosses and it sounds dank 4 sho.

peace,

7ge:)

Nice post Irish. This purple wreck/blue moonshine is what first got my attention and caused me to join The Passion.
Nice job outing yourself on the horse crap screw up. It seems that two seasons is an outlandish price to pay for adding green crap. Might there be some other element to this story? Perhaps the horse was eating roundup.
I would love to read more about your tea use. I too am a super soil user and need help with getting a good flowering finish.
The attached photo shows two purple wreck/blue moonshine and two white fire (front row) that I am just now adding to my small stable. This photo is from a side by side LED/fluorescent test I ran for over a month. Small sample size, but I must say that I like the short and lush growth I got under LED. On the other hand, I may just have a lanky pw/bm pheno in the upper right and no difference in test results. Can't say much from only four plants from seed.
What is your experience with pw/bw?
Thanks again for a great thread.

DSCN3396smaller.jpg

7greeneyes said:
looks absolutely beautiful, Irish :clap: How she smell? I've nvr grown either those crosses and it sounds dank 4 sho.

peace,

7ge:)

thanks 7. the pw/bm smells fruity, and the scissor hash tastes fruity.:D

:D this is some of the stickiest weed i've ever trimmed!:D i just said that a few days ago too when i trimmed my pink lemonade hybrid! those two are like super glue on scissors! totally wreck some scissors! must be where the name 'wreck' was tagged at? lol...:p

hanging now. this one is strong lemon scented. nice size frosty buds. very appealing to the eye.:) i'll have some of the pw/bm hybids dry enough to smoke for xmas and will let y'all know what i think then...i sure am glad i kept clones of this one...:D :cool: ...soon as i can clear out the rest of my flower room, clones of all these are ready to replace them. thats the plan...:icon_smile:

time to trim...peace...

158.JPG

169.JPG

170.JPG

176.JPG

181.JPG

:)

i made this one late last season. first run...

010.JPG

028.JPG

064.JPG

069.JPG

The second pic. in the third set, BPOTM imo. They look great Irish. Stay safe. :)

powerplanter said:
The second pic. in the third set, BPOTM imo. They look great Irish. Stay safe. :)

...thats the sour d moonshine x pure afghan. i hit the sdm mom with the pa pollen that i had refridgerated, in flour, and i got a whole three seeds.:eek:

these two phenos are two of those seeds.:D ...the first sdm/pa pic above looks exactly like the mom i used...the second pheno is a 50/50, and the smell has turned from blueberry to nehi grape...that second 50/50 pheno is still under the 600 with a bubblicious x gorilla grape, and a shlt x apollo. the s/a hybrid will be ready next, and gets chopped tonight or tomorrow...

just smoked a fatty of pw/bm with a couple friends, and were nicely baked. has a sour grape/blue moonshine taste to it, and is turning into a nice indica buzz, but not total lockdown...yet...;)

powerplanter, i have a new camera and i'm trying to figure out all the functions still. takes incredible macro shots, its the whole plant pics that i need to work on.;) ...thanks for the confidence pp...:)

:ciao: buddy

Banging that moonshine...as well as the rest...your grows are allways impressive...thanks for sharing

please tell Ell Merry Christmas from Laura and I

Hey Irish, I had read some where that the Moonshine is an old strain from the 80's. Is that true and, if so, where can I get some beans? I think I'll check the Attitude and see if I can find it. PEACE!! :)

:)

i've seen this one finished , and its a beauty...she has serious bag appeal.:)

196.JPG

217.JPG

227.JPG

Latest posts

Back