purplephazes 2009/2010 grow op

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ArtVandolay said:
Real nice, purplehazes :). This is going to be fun to watch.
Hello Art How are you my freind ! This certainly should be an exciting venture i am looking really forward to the adrenalin rush ! ;) These plants are growing faster than jacks beanstalk its 33 deg today and they grew an inch over night hahaha ! 6 months of planing and organising is finally becoming reality ! And i'm wrapped ! I'm not looking to forward the digging ...its all clay and sandstone :eek: ! Yet i will only get out what i put in ! So the wife and I have been doing a few extra somersaults in the bedroom to harden up my shoulders LOL ! Stay tuned ! Peace and all the best Art !

:) Thank you, my friend. It's convenient that spring is headed your way instead of fall, too!

Here are a few pics of some more clones i took 2 days ago ! My mothers i took these from are a bit ahead of me and getting rather large ..so transportation may be tricky but these clones will allow me to travel with no problems but i will see how things go anyway but i need to prepare for the worst case scenario ! oohh and they are in jiffy 7 peat pellets and i use clonex cloning gel it seems to work quite well so far ! My humidity dome is a fish tank Hahahaha The fish moved out and have a new home down the toilet bowl and no harm came to them i ph-ed the water before i flushed them to their new hotel !

SANY0710.JPG

SANY0709.JPG

SANY0708.JPG

Hello again everyone ! A few people wish to see my fridge ! All of the plants just fit in here like one big happy family for 2 1/2 hrs each night which gives them around 13 1/2 hrs of light per day ! The fan is out of an old computer and is wired to a 12 volt plug and plugs into a double adapter along with the light ! Marvelous ! The temps in the fridge are 28 deg cel after sunset ! I have also drilled out holes on the outside of the fridge to act as an exuast outlet... it also pulls air between the freezer and fridge door there a gap there with a rag shoved in it ! Dodgy... yes.... but it seems to work ! Peace !

SANY0704.JPG

SANY0705.JPG

SANY0707.JPG

Thanks for sharin your fridge setup. Seems perfect for what you use it for. I was able to modify mine for complete grow, veg to goodness, and still looks only like a fridge. If the temp probs werent so bad we would probably see more folks use them. They can provide very stealthy options for those of us with no where but a garage to grow in. I appreciate ya sharin. Good luck growin to completion.

Hello growright 35 ! .. Thats is so true a lil bit O sunshine on it raises the temps big time ! I'm considering Mounting the other light i use for the clones inside the middle of the door... it would work out but the risk factor makes me think otherwise . I can't really take to many risks at the moment my neighbours are very nosey people if you get my meaning ! So until they move out stealth remains the word of the day Lol ! Peace and all the best ! and thanks for calling in !

Hello PurpleHazes. :) .

i love to see the diy projects us heads can come up with. you should have seen mine, and arts first grow cab.:hubba: . we were thinking on the same wave-length.

ventilation , ventilation , ventilation... that is the key word for today...;) ...

Hope all your plans have been comin together PP. Been workin a ton lately at a new gig and am beat but I will try to get some pics together to post somewhere of my beasty fridge the wife calls Bertha. I had a few post's of it once but removed to to some paranoia episodes, I'm laughin to meself cause I never got rid of the actual reason I was paranoid to begin with, but I removed the posts...Go figure. Anyway stay safe.

Irish
Hello PurpleHazes. .

i love to see the diy projects us heads can come up with. you should have seen mine, and arts first grow cab. . we were thinking on the same wave-length.

ventilation , ventilation , ventilation... that is the key word for today... ...
Hi there irish ! Yes the DIY projects are a bit hit and miss LOL ! But as they say 100 heads are better than 1 haha ! I had a few heat issues in the beginning yet the comp fan seems to work well i don't have an intake fan just an exhaust fan but i remove the rag in the door and it seems to allow enough air flow to keep the plants happy ! We also have been getting some really hot days down here as well and it is still winter but spring begins in mid september ! Another problem has come to light as well ...I have once again started to early !~! Will i learn ?? Hahaha so my freinds are doing well... 4 Freinds have 1 plant each and i still have 1 female as well i also still have the clones coming along nicely which is going to be the primary priority they will be timed well ! Take care !
growright35 Hope all your plans have been comin together PP. Been workin a ton lately at a new gig and am beat but I will try to get some pics together to post somewhere of my beasty fridge the wife calls Bertha. I had a few post's of it once but removed to to some paranoia episodes, I'm laughin to meself cause I never got rid of the actual reason I was paranoid to begin with, but I removed the posts...Go figure. Anyway stay safe.
Hahaha well the plans were ...more rain and less sun ! And naturally i get the opposite ! As i quoted to irish ! The growing conditions are supreme but the daylight hrs are not quite optimal ! These clones will work out fine ! But my othr plants had to be given away for stealth and travel reasons/ problems ( they got to big ) I've been preparing chicken wire covers and preping my compost heap and i continually test my auto watering system every day ..I am a bit paranoid about it ....although it works fine ..The what if factor keeps getting to me ! Hahaha i'll have to trust it one day soon for sure ! I also went for a drive this morning out to the area where i'll be growing ! Bloody spectacular i must say ! I'll keep a look out for your fridge pics as well ! Its always a good thing to see variations and new idea's ...untill then Peace and take care ! OHH i'll post some pics around tuesday when the clones have rooted !

Well she's flowering now as well and she gave me nice clones while she was veging she's bagseed and she is showing no signs of being a hermie ! YaY i finally am onto a winner ! Still have neighbour issues though ! And if i had my way i'd still have all of my girls but safety must come first !

P1010006-2.JPG

Maybe >>Sorry everyone this is my first attempt of downloading i am not very good at it ! So this is the mother of my clones she is unfortunatly the only girl i have left now the others grew to fast and have gone to the RSPCA (ASPCA ) to be sent to new homes LOL ! She is a massive 2 1/2 feet tall hahaha sativa as well it would appear ! Hmmm revege may happen yet so i'll keep her locked in her cave if this should become apparent ! ?? sp

P1010011-1.JPG

Hehe that freezer set up is super ghetto style. Thumbs up man.

Hahaha and the fishtank as well.. I hope those fishies like their new home..

GGGEeeezzzzzuuuzzzzz ! I closed the attachments page :holysheep: !

The clone pics these were potted 2 days ago and are getting hardened off ! And the older clones are in # 1 pic i have 6 in total with a seeded plant in the white pot (far left pic#1 ) i have 3 seeded in those pots seperatly !

P1010014-1.JPG

P1010009-1.JPG

P1010010-1.JPG

3 older clones and 1 seeded plant in the fridge and a pic of the mother plant side on shot ! And the roots appearing from my clones yay they all survived... And i was going to put them out into the bush but its a full moon at the moment and i got a bit worried that the days are'nt quite long enough yet so i'll let the clones grow up a bit and in 2-3 weeks i can rest assured knowing that it is perfectly safe to put them out without flowering to early ! Peace and take care ! Yeehaa the fun is getting closer and my blood is beginning to rush ! Don't sleep to well you crocadiles , Kangaroos, Koalas and Wombats ....I'm coming to ruin your evening ! LOL !

P1010015-1.JPG

P1010012-1.JPG

P1010002-1.JPG

RiskyPack said:
Hehe that freezer set up is super ghetto style. Thumbs up man.

Hahaha and the fishtank as well.. I hope those fishies like their new home..
Hi there RiskyPack ! Thanks man.. for stopping in ;) ! I put a lot of thought into the fridge setup it crossed my mind for 1 minute and took 2 minutes to fit the light in there (shoved in ;) ) and it took 3 minutes to drill the holes for the fan and to professionally fit it as well :D As easy as 123 ! The fish also offered to give up their living quarters as long as i promised them that they would get a chance to meet Paris so i booked them a room at the Hilton in Sydney :hubba: As far as i know they got there last week.. tuesday ! Stay tuned as the Outback adventure will get exciting in 2-3 weeks ! Peace and take care !

im pulling up my seat for this 1 im very intrested 2 see how it all turns out

good luck and green mojo

Be here watching :watchplant:

Welcome hamster , PC , and marky J , It should be an interesting 6 months ahead ! Please put your seatbelts on !

Latest posts

Back