question about when to stop my nutes cuz harvest.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homegrown4me

learning.!
Reaction score
Hello first time grower,my question is if my girls need nutrients up to 8 or 10 weeks,when do I stop feeding them?? Yes I know 10 days before harvest,but I need nutrients up to 8 weeks do I stop on the 7th week and just use water???
Is it just the nitrogen we are wanting the girls to use up out of there fan leaves??? I ask if you could clue me in to the specifics.. Thanks!

I feed untill about a week before harvest. Feed only with plain water the last week.

It really depends on whether your organic or synthetic, with organic s I feed all the way, but synthetics yeah at least a week flushing to remove salt build up.

I do not flush. I believe that it is detrimental to yield. After a good cure, I highly doubt that you can tell the difference between bud flushed and bud not flushed. You are asking your plants to put on a whole lot of weight the last 10-14 days--why would you want to starve them?

If this is your first run with this plant strain then run the nutes till a few days before when you know that you plan to harvest in a few days, then just don't feed anymore and only give water, because the final feeding within the last couple days won't be beneficial anyway. After you have run this strain a few times and know how long it will go to get to the exact level of ripeness, then if you want to experiment with cutting off the nutes early, it will be easier to know when.

I personally have found that when I was feeding just synthetic nutes, if I wanted the smoke to be smoother and less harshness, I would cut off the nutes about 7-10 days out and just top up with fresh water so that they would still have whats left but would also begin to use up the nutes in the fan leaves and allow them to yellow off. The down-side of that though is somewhat bland tasting smoke.

Then I discovered something new, which is to suppliment my synthetic nutes with organic tea throughout the bloom phase to bring about a more organic flavor. Then I cut off the synthetic nutes about 2 weeks out and run just the organic nutes for the last 2 weeks until harvest. I get a much better flavor doing this than just the plain synthetic nutes. :)

Latest posts

Back