Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent45

Reaction score
I have 5 wonderful ladies under 400 watts of HPS goodness taht are at 4 weeks of flowering. I have to leave this week end and have been pondering a choice.... The power has been going out on and off lately, and I don' want to set my HPS on the digital timer, because if the power goes off, so will my lights, and the timer will reste to zero.

So my question is, if I hook up 150 watts of CFL's do you think they will be okay for two days? This timer will be fine if the power flickers for a minute or whatever, shouldn't be a problem with a drop in lumens should there??

Wouldn't you have to hook the fluoros up to the timer ,as well?

Sorry if I wasn't very clear, haha. The timer for the HPS is a digital. The crappy little one that I have is a turn-dial type timer, and will keep going as soon as the power is back on. It's for the CFL's.

I am assuming the loss in lumens will just be like a couple of cloudy daysfor them?

Trent45 said:
Sorry if I wasn't very clear, haha. The timer for the HPS is a digital. The crappy little one that I have is a turn-dial type timer, and will keep going as soon as the power is back on. It's for the CFL's.

I am assuming the loss in lumens will just be like a couple of cloudy daysfor them?

Shouldn't be a problem using the dial type with the 400W HPS.

I'm with Growdude. There is no reason not to use the dial timer with your HPS.

agreed with the above...and even with that crappy timer..the time stops when power is out..so you still have light disruption...have you considered leaveing them in dark for the 2 days?

There are timers with batteries that keep time if the power goes out.

i have timers with battery backups in them. so when to power goes off they still keep the time. so the lights still go off when they should.

Latest posts

Back