Questions from a n00b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J3123MY said:
Thanks you guys for your help. I was about to get the t5 light, but then the guy at the hardware store recommended this light to grow marijuana indoors. However, he said he only grew outdoors, so i guess he didn't know that much about lighting. But here is my new set up.

WOW--You told the guy at the hardware store that you were growing marijuana :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:?

First rule of growing is to tell no one! And I mean no one. And he was right, he doesn't know diddley about lights.

The Effen Gee said:
...its like this:

Start over fresh, get better lights.
Water twice as much with half as much nutes.

You are looking at a whole lot of work for a small payoff.

Eyyyyyyyup

J3123MY said:
Thanks you guys for your help. I was about to get the t5 light, but then the guy at the hardware store recommended this light to grow marijuana indoors. However, he said he only grew outdoors, so i guess he didn't know that much about lighting. But here is my new set up.

Hahaha did you pay with a check or your credit/debit too? You probably won't get too much sympathy here on MP when and if you get robbed/arrested.

Good luck there champ!

nah the foo was cool. he knew we were growing bud, i guess cuz we were stoned at the time. a lot of you guys are telling me to start over. so the plants can not be saved?

Not to sound like your dad or something. but use COMMEN SENSE! dont tell people your growing. Haha Its like the movie fight club, 1st rule is, dont talk about it!

Wether they can be saved or not depends all on you, and what your willing to put into it. You need better lights...Do you have the money for a 400w hps? get the pH to 6.5. What do you have to feed those plants with? If you don't have the right light, and ventilation your not going to save them, their lives may dwindle on for a long time, but you'll get nothing out of them. Except a high electric bill.

...actually, given the info available....I am going to go ahead and recommend you just quit growing.

You have ALOT of reading to do on the subject before starting.

There is NO WAY you are going to make your current grow worthwhile.
Sorry to be the dude who breaks it to you.

J3123MY said:
nah the foo was cool. he knew we were growing bud, i guess cuz we were stoned at the time. a lot of you guys are telling me to start over. so the plants can not be saved?

NO ONE IS COOL

This is going to sound harsh, but there is simply no other way to put it--what in the hell is wrong with you? You and (how many of your buddies) go into a hardware store stoned and talk about growing with the help? Jeez, how old are you?

If this guy gets popped and has any idea at all who you are, don't kid yourself, he would sell you out in a heartbeat. Many people would sell their grannies out to stay out of jail. IMO, the health of your plants is the least of your worries...

The Hemp Goddess said:
NO ONE IS COOL

This is going to sound harsh, but there is simply no other way to put it--what in the hell is wrong with you? You and (how many of your buddies) go into a hardware store stoned and talk about growing with the help? Jeez, how old are you?

If this guy gets popped and has any idea at all who you are, don't kid yourself, he would sell you out in a heartbeat. Many people would sell their grannies out to stay out of jail. IMO, the health of your plants is the least of your worries...

:yeahthat: .... There is no better way to say.. also "being stoned" is a poor excuse to say... so what if one of your friends are really stoned or drunk.. and he decides to talk to another "friend" about it.. then another friend and another friend.. either the cops will be at your door next. or you'll come home to your door kicked in..
this is a you and wife only thing.. a few of us here have friends who are into it or do it.. but the only friend i have that does that ive known since i was 5yr old.. ... for every person you tell you increase your odds of getting caught by 100% you tell 5 people thats 500% chance you can or will get busted... specially if your in the younger crowd.. do you think your friends will keep there mouth shut if ever arrested and interagated about your grow?? no they will set them selfs free and you to jail..
like mom always said "think before you do"
LH

I did 2 yrs because someone I thought was friend snitched me out, and he was not even looking at hard time, and what he was being grilled for was not even drug related. Every person that ever had, or knew anyhting about me growing either ripped me off or got me in trouble. With the exception of 3 people, and one of those is dead now. DON'T TELL N E 1!

Man, I know Im a little reckless, but i think you guys are kinda tripping out. I know it is best measures to keep it down low as possible, but going into a store and buying a 1000 watt hps or mh light is also straight up obvious. I mean theres just some crap that is so obvious. Lol, I was at home depot and the old dude there knew right away we were growing marijuana. Like we straight up did not give any clue at all, and when he was talking he just started refering to "buds". But I mean I have a medical card, so im cool with the law. And i Mean even if this dude wanted to snitch, how can he? lol. Like he doesn't know **** about me. What is he gonna do, tell the cops? Yea, this kid came in and is growing marijuana? And also, all of us are growing, so I mean, we all try to keep it as down low as possible. But thanks for your advice and concern, I will not let anyone know and deny it. lol. But damn LF, that sucks man that you had to do 2 years since someoen snitched.

And damn man, some of you guys are negative lol. I guess I managed to "save" my plants. At least they look a lot better.

Well, thanks for your help you guys. Im gonna start flowering tomorrow I guess. For now, Ill just add more CFLs, but later on Ill probably get HPS. I guess my buds wont be as dense, but I mean this is my first grow. Thanks for the help you guys. Appreciate it.

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

Looks like you have some pH issues, you might want to get that taken care of before you start flowering...good luck to you!

I have been using vinegar to lower the ph. Is there something stronger I can use other then some ph down from hydro store? What if I use a small amount of Sulfuric acid or Hydrochloric acid?

IMO if you dont have a means of checking your soil ph i suggest you stop using any acids or base on it, you woul be better off gettin dolomite lime to stabilize its ph or get ph tester, cheers

If you have the money for Master Bubba Kush seeds, I'm guessing $100 for a 400 HPS isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Save your money and get some decent equipment.

well they look better, and you will get some buts in my opinion, for sure they have been through some tough times.
good luck

I use one of those cheap home depot tester that tests for pH, moisture, and lumens. It works, and I believe it is fairly accurate. I will try to get one of those digital ones from my lab. And i bought them as clones, they were 12 bucks a clone.

When I add the vinegar, it does lower the pH, but then the pH jumps up back pretty fast after a couple of days.

I have one of those soil testers, its useless....atleast the one i bought. i picked up a milwaukee ph600 tester for like $20 and i dont regret it. this is how i do my water.......i use cold tap water and let it sit for 24 hours, or atleast over night, and check the ph after it sits. mine always rises by .3, then i use about 1 tablespoon of white vinegar per 2.5 gallons of water, and it gets me at 6.4-6.6, right where i wanna be. i can leave this sit over night and the ph will still be 6.4-6.6. as long as i let my water sit overnight, i wont see the ph rise once i use the vinegar to get it to 6.4-6.6.

Latest posts

Back