Quick Introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm located in the North East of the United States and just recently became interested in marijuana horticulture . I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible from everyone . Cheers, Bubba

Welcome Bubba. What are you thinking you would like to try? Garden in dirt, or water? Let us know how we can help. If you just became interested there is a ton of stuff for you to read in our files. Enjoy the journey, it is very fun and rewarding hobby/obsession.

I was recently gifted some clones and would like to grow them outside . Out of the 12 a few have taken a turn for the worse . I'm thinking I need to invest in a PH test ASAP . With that being said I'm really getting interested in getting an indoor garden going year round . I'm doing my research , total greenhorn !!!! Thanks for any and all help . Cheers

Hi BBT...Welcome to MP...You'll find plenty of information here to help you off to a smooth start...good luck!

images (21).jpg

Howdy neighbor! You got enough light to keep them going til outdoor time?
I'm not sure that could be the problem as well . I have a well lit room now with natural light but , … seeing now a tent and light would be great for these plants before I get them out .

You don't even need a tent if you're not flowering them indoors, just a good bright plant light such as a T5HO or LED panel at least 300w equivalent (there are decent cheap ones on Amazon under $100, get the strongest one you can afford). Set it to be on 24 hours a day to keep them from flowering prematurely. Avoid the pink /blurple ones if you're not in a tent since the neighbors /cops/rippers can see those things like a beacon of bud a mile away lol!
Natural light is almost never enough for young pot plants. Supplementing it with good artificial light is the way to go.

You don't even need a tent if you're not flowering them indoors, just a good bright plant light such as a T5HO or LED panel at least 300w equivalent (there are decent cheap ones on Amazon under $100, get the strongest one you can afford). Set it to be on 24 hours a day to keep them from flowering prematurely. Avoid the pink /blurple ones if you're not in a tent since the neighbors /cops/rippers can see those things like a beacon of bud a mile away lol!
Natural light is almost never enough for young pot plants. Supplementing it with good artificial light is the way to go.
Thank you so much for helping me out !!!! It is greatly appreciated . Gonna look into a light ASAP then .

High pressure sodium are dead give aways too. When i was a cop, they trained us to look around windows for an amber glow.

If you don't get extra light and just put them in the window, they will start to flower. Then they have to go through this funky ugly revegetative growth cycle, which just wastes time. You are going to want to get them under light for 18-24 hours a day. I am partial to the T5 HO. Even though I have a couple of LEDs, I veg my smaller plants with the T5. I have a 2' 12 tube fixture that is my favorite.

I'm going to suggest that you do some reading so that you understand the life cycle of cannabis and its minimum needs. This will save you a lot of heartache and headache down the road. There really is a lot more to growing cannabis than say, tomatoes. Check out what medium you are going to want to use, what you are going to want to feed them, where they should be planted, where you're going to plant them etc, etc. Also, I don't think that you are going to want to try and grow 12 your first outing. Are you in a legal state? How many can you grow legally?

I'm
If you don't get extra light and just put them in the window, they will start to flower. Then they have to go through this funky ugly revegetative growth cycle, which just wastes time. You are going to want to get them under light for 18-24 hours a day. I am partial to the T5 HO. Even though I have a couple of LEDs, I veg my smaller plants with the T5. I have a 2' 12 tube fixture that is my favorite.

I'm going to suggest that you do some reading so that you understand the life cycle of cannabis and its minimum needs. This will save you a lot of heartache and headache down the road. There really is a lot more to growing cannabis than say, tomatoes. Check out what medium you are going to want to use, what you are going to want to feed them, where they should be planted, where you're going to plant them etc, etc. Also, I don't think that you are going to want to try and grow 12 your first outing. Are you in a legal state? How many can you grow legally?
I'm legal no worries there !!! The clones just got dropped off at my house as a gift so
I don't think I can put them in the freezer and wait till next year !!! I own a lot of land and used to put one or two out started from seed , these clones are from an indoor operation and all new to me . I'm reading a book now and these forum posts . Guess I'll be learning on the fly .

Latest posts

Back