Quick question about pinching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernHoney

1st timer
Reaction score
Should I be removing any dead leaves? I have some from my nuts burn and the gardener in me wants to pinch them off. What do you do? Thanks again.

If it's in veg and the leaf is more than half dead..then it's okay to chop....

If just the tips are "dead" I would leave them til they naturally fall off. As long as part of the leaf is green the plant is still use it to make energy for it to grow.

I wait until the leaf is about 50% dead before removing

Best Wishes
"P"

Thanks everyone, I see you caught my spelling error. Thats what I get for checking the forum on my cell at work. :)

i usually flick my finger down on wat would appear to be dieing/dead leaves and if they still got spring/bounceback in them i leave em. but if they go down when i tap my finger on them and stay down like it snapped from the stem then i pul it.

Actually when I went back to look at them and followed the 50% rule I didn't have that much to pull. Only 3 smallish leaves at the bottom and the little tiny seedling leaves. They actually look pretty good, I think, but then again I have never seen a plant up close and personal until now. I'll keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back