quick Question!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokeWithHope

24/7 toker
Reaction score
hey guys i just have a quick question i just got the maxwing hood and was wondering if i simply cut a hole in the side of it and add a flange would i be making an air cooled light?

You need more than a flange. Air cooled lights are (semi) sealed units and require a piece of glass to enclose the hood--the glass helps contain the heat and makes it possible to push or pull cool air across the light (with minimal air loss into or from the grow room), thereby cooling it.

so if i buy some plexi glass and cut it then secure it to the bottom would this be sufficient? and would it be better sitting in there or somewhat sealed in there? i have a 600 wat mh/hps

I don't think that you can use plexiglass. If you could, companies would sell them with plexiglass rather than tempered glass (which is far more expensive). I bought a hood that did not have the glass included and had a piece of tempered glass made the size I need it.

seems like the plexiglass would get hot and foggy in not melt completely.

hmm true. hemp goddess where di u get the tempered glass made? and if im growing in a box 20'' x 29'' x 70'' and im using a vortex 449 cfm sucking through a diy filter do you think its rle even worth it to do all of this? or would having a small fan pointed at the light to cool it be sufficient?

Plexiglass is not glass its a plastic products I thought that too. Tempered glass is the way to go it can withstand the heat from the lamp. If your lamp looks like it could have one in there there will be a groove that looks like you can slide your glass in there then get the glass if not then you might have to do without. I wouldnt try and get glass and then try and make it fit very ghetto waste of money too.

ya there are no grooves in it. so u think my box will be fine with suckn the air through the box with the 449 cfm?

You might be ok just turn on your stuff and check the temps before putting plants in there. or if you still have heat issues buy a 8in fan for exhaust and use your current fan for intake.

k well im mounting in my attic so there is less sound so getting an intake would kill the purpose. but would just getting another smaller 4 in to use along with the 6 inch for exhaust do the trick?

i havent started the grow yet and with the box closed, no intake, lights, or fan it is 77 degrees and 42 % humidity. what u think ill be running the 6 in 449 cfm for exhaust, a 600 watt mh/hps and a few cfls

Latest posts

Back