Random Thought Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My niece now nephew I guess identifies as transgender and nonbinary. She sent me a text telling me this along with instructions of how she/he is to be treated in my house when I screw up and call her /him she instead of the other four things besides ”she” that he will accept. I take offense to this as I treat everyone with respect that I come in contact with no matter what they are into. I’m really not interested in getting all educated up about the subject either. Don’t really know what I’m gonna say in the text back to her but didn’t jump on the answer when I was up on the governor.

My niece now nephew I guess identifies as transgender and nonbinary. She sent me a text telling me this along with instructions of how she/he is to be treated in my house when I screw up and call her /him she instead of the other four things besides ”she” that he will accept. I take offense to this as I treat everyone with respect that I come in contact with no matter what they are into. I’m really not interested in getting all educated up about the subject either. Don’t really know what I’m gonna say in the text back to her but didn’t jump on the answer when I was up on the governor.
That is possibly the most confusing(but likely accurate) post I have read in a while. Good luck. Sounds like you will need it.

That is possibly the most confusing(but likely accurate) post I have read in a while. Good luck. Sounds like you will need it.
What, no advice? I need thoughts here. Maybe I’m not on the right track. There must be some common ground here where we can have respect for each other. Him/her and I I mean.

I'd tell them there's no need to assign rules to people, just live your life and stop expecting everyone to adjust to you. And instead of getting offended, offer charity and forgiveness.

What, no advice? I need thoughts here. Maybe I’m not on the right track. There must be some common ground here where we can have respect for each other. Him/her and I I mean.
My random thought is people are taking it way to far. If you want to be gay or trans like you said to each his own. I was raised very respectful but when did society get so bad that I may get lash back for saying yes ma’am or sir when I speak to someone politely. How are we supposed to raise our children with respect for others if they can’t properly address someone politely with yes ma’am or sir if they are scared of offending someone by not using the right pronoun. Not a very religious person but god made us distinctly apart. You can change anything you may want to in this world but you are born with either a pair or a snatch.

hmmmm , that is a tough question SG , one i need to think about

but right off the top of my head i would lean towards the tough love stand , especially if a teenager is involved

if your niece is an adult , you probably wont have much influence on them

but yeah , good question …

i have a 21 yr old granddaughter that i love to the moon….but her mom has influenced her on the dark side of things and i will eventually deal with the granddaughter on some of the current events in life , like this ** pronoun feces , open borders, yada yada yada…

i will be thinking

I'd tell them there's no need to assign rules to people, just live your life and stop expecting everyone to adjust to you. And instead of getting offended, offer charity and forgiveness.
Well said I do not care what anyone would like to be called nor will I waste any sleep. I’m not pushing the straight card on anyone and I wish they would setup pushing this pronoun crap on my kids generation.

Don't take the bait when the Fisherman comes to town.......................
1684247317143.png

If you want I will talk to her for you
I can even make a good avatar for her

hmmmm , that is a tough question SG , one i need to think about

but right off the top of my head i would lean towards the tough love stand , especially if a teenager is involved

if your niece is an adult , you probably wont have much influence on them

but yeah , good question …

i have a 21 yr old granddaughter that i love to the moon….but her mom has influenced her on the dark side of things and i will eventually deal with the granddaughter on some of the current events in life , like this ** pronoun feces , open borders, yada yada yada…

i will be thinking
She’s 26 and has also had open influences. she played the boy/girl card since about 15 years old. I’ve never understood it and really have no interest to no offense to her but I’m afraid she is offended that I don’t care to learn all about it…

If you want I will talk to her for you
I can even make a good avatar for her
Her regular picture now is just like one of your crazy avatars you would pick out for a new member. She is crazy hard to look at when I talk to her. She has a lot going on with makeup jewelry chains Hair and clothes that it kinda overwhelming for me to be around her. Still family is family and I want to be the adult in the room here.

Her regular picture now is just like one of your crazy avatars you would pick out for a new member. She is crazy hard to look at when I talk to her. She has a lot going on with makeup jewelry chains Hair and clothes that it kinda overwhelming for me to be around her. Still family is family and I want to be the adult in the room here.
Let Your Hair down
Let loose your inner freak
Ya know ya want too......................
R.425dc8173a72c7d824b9311817becd9a

Latest posts

Back