RDW Nirvana AK48 (take 2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainydaywoman

Hydro Farmer
Reaction score
The last time i purchased and germinated these seeds i ended up having to move and lost them all. They were beasts though, all 10 seeds popped and were off to a fast start so I expect good things this time.

They are on the way from Nirvana with a 2-3 week delivery time but i suspect it will be sooner.

In the meantime i need to start getting supplies and organizing my space. The Area will consist of 3 sections.
1-clone
2-veg
3-flower

The Clone section is an old entertainment center tipped on its side with some florescent shop lights and a fan

The Veg section will more then likely be a 250w hps or some florescent fixtures with a plan to move them into the flower section once it opens in the cycle.

Flower section is going to be a 1000w hps as I have had good results with the 1000 in the past.

But that's all coming up in the next few weeks for now just need to get the space built organized and up and running properly.

I'm not limited to space but the area designated is going to be roughly 5x10
give or take some area around the perimeter.

P1010002.JPG

You'll need a few 1k watters for that sized room, what's your plans for ventilation?

Roddy said:
You'll need a few 1k watters for that sized room, what's your plans for ventilation?
A few is going to be pushing more then I'm looking for on the electric bill.
I have had lots of success in the past with just a single 1000 covering about a 5x5 area, the entire 5x10 will be sectioned off with some work area as well.

For ventilation I think ill get another 435cfm centrifugal and hook it right to the light to draw out the heat and some new air in.

Needing 5k lumens per foot, a 1000k light producing 140k lumens, you'd be OK in a 5'x5'...remembering you're just above the minimum amount of lumens needed. Gonna pull up a chair, if you don't mind! :)

After furthur review the area im working with is going to be about 4'10"x8'6"x8'
essentially the plan is to build a box/room with a door to fit in said area, raising it off the ground 2" to account for the oil line.
Slightly skeptical of the oil line being close to the growing area but thinking if the box/room is sealed off and not obstructing the line then it should be fine. Any actual working parts will be minimum of 4 feet from the line inside the sealed room. As of today i have never had any odor of oil in the basement to make me think this would be a concern.
what ya think?

Thanks Roddy appreciate all the good info and looking forward to any suggestions you may have along the journey.

Be on my nest eating popcorn and watching your progress.

Mojo for your grow:)

Got the area cleared out and now i can see what there is to work with. The flowering area is the current project. Starting to work on the framework and general layout.

102.JPG

103.JPG

104.JPG

105.JPG

I ove my T5 HO for veg, cooler running than HPS (and cheaper, I'd guess), while giving me tight, bushy gals!!

What do you mean by "oil line"?

the "oil line" in question is the feeder line from tank to furnace shown along the boarder of the above pics, its the blue sheathed line. I basically negated this by building the frame work around it.

Looking good, don't see any issues with the oil line as long as she doesn't leak! :ciao: my friend!

Guess this should have went into the grow room construction section since im not up and running yet, but already got it here so gonna roll with it, Beans will be sprouting in no time anyways.

Got the Framework finished now to start sealing it up, also the clone box is up on top of a shelf i built which will house a veg station below it.

107.JPG

106.JPG

I have been pretty busy putting together the room some more and will do that update shortly.

But the good news is my nirvana order arrived yesterday 2 weeks from purchase date. I put 7 of the 10 in a towel and today already a couple have split. Saving three for the personal seed bank.

108.JPG

109.JPG

110.JPG

As far as the growing sections they are split into three areas, section 1 clone is top, section 2 veg is below. This is a little update on the progress for those particular areas. For now I'm stuck with some 40w shop lights which i don't mind for clones and seedlings but would like to get a t5 fixture in the future or at least a 250w hps. top side is 1 fixture 2 bulbs bottom is 3 fixtures 6 bulbs for now.

111.JPG

112.JPG

113.JPG

114.JPG

section 3 is the flowering area which was done with some 2x4 framework, some thick black sheet plastic, and a shitload of gorilla tape and staples. This is going to house a 1000w hps with a 6 inch centrifuge inline fan. For reflective material i am a big fan of the emergency blankets at walmart, they are Mylar cover about 8 feet by 4 feet and cost $2.79 usd, find them in the camping goods section.

115.JPG

116.JPG

117.JPG

118.JPG

119.JPG

That's about it for now until I get the lighting and ventilation next week, no real rush since the seeds are just splitting. There is a couple diff routes I can take with this grow and this setup in general.

1. is DWC start to finish
2. is E&F veg into DWC flower

option 2 would be my preferred method I'm interested if anyone has any negative opinions on switching methods during the grow like this.
I have done this in the past with no visible bad effects but didn't know the science behind switching a plants growing method, e&f and dwc are fairly similar methods.

Everything seems to be on the right course, all seven seeds have popped and started the vertical journey, had two that were lagging behind but they caught up nicely. Now the wait to see what i have for sex's then onto cloning.

120.JPG

121.JPG

122.JPG

Seedlings trucking along nicely with no issues, only real update is that i went out and picked up my flowering light today. Got a 1000w system with magnetic ballast and hood by xtrasun and the bulb being an ultra sun hps. Whole setup was only 189$ so actually pretty cheap for new gear imo, I did upgrade the ballast to one that was encased so I spent about 230$.

124.JPG

123.JPG

Latest posts

Back